IGNORED

Richarlison

I agree with Bailey tbh 

Although I'd like to see him back on the wing where he is better imo I just don't see Cenk suiting the style that Marco wants and DCL just isn'tt at that standard we need ATM 

It's that interchangeable front three he's going for or at least seems to be, a player like Lozano would be absolutely ideal for that role 

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

In what way do you think the other 2 (presumably Cenk and DCL) are better?

Playing as a hold up Centre Forward, allowing the team an outlet through the middle, with their back to goal.  Winning headers against a CB.

No doubt Richarlison is the better player overall, just think he's at hid best running at the defense, getting down the line, and coming in off the left. 

Trying to hold off 1/2 CB's and play in the wingers/Gylfi isn'tt a strength of his.  He was called on to do it a number of times in the Derby, pretty sure he lost out every time except for a couple of frees.

22 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

Playing as a hold up Centre Forward, allowing the team an outlet through the middle, with their back to goal.  Winning headers against a CB.

No doubt Richarlison is the better player overall, just think he's at hid best running at the defense, getting down the line, and coming in off the left. 

Trying to hold off 1/2 CB's and play in the wingers/Gylfi isn'ttt a strength of his.  He was called on to do it a number of times in the Derby, pretty sure he lost out every time except for a couple of frees.

I dont disagree at what he is best doing (if that sentence even makes sense) however I think that compared to DCL and Cenk he is far more important to the team. He is more mobile and equally adept at holding the ball up as both DCL and Cenk, he is more athletic than the latter, his movement is better and because of the former (and linked to his intelligence) he is a better defensive forward which showed with two big tackles in the derby. 

Cenk is the best finisher but he wasnt firing when he was dropped and his lack of pace meant that he wasnt as much of a force on the counter as Richie. I dont think it is a co-incidence that the team has improved a lot since he moved up front.

Dont get me wrong though, he isn'tt perfect up there. I think he tries to do too much instead of playing a simple ball like Cenk. He isnt an instinctve forward either but that can improve.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

and equally adept at holding the ball up as both DCL and Cenk

That's what I just haven't seen, although admittedly missed a couple of games.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think it is a co-incidence that the team has improved a lot since he moved up front

A fair point.  Although it also coincides with the additions of Gomes and Digne (+ Bernard), as well as a tightening of the backline and general gelling of the team.  I feel like the greatest improvement has come from defense and midfield so far.

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

he isn'ttt

Happens to you as well?

On 03/12/2018 at 21:18, Bailey said:

Its far better than anythig else we have upfront and he adds so much more to the team than the others. It may not be his best position but he is the best man for the job. 

Agree.

He works so hard to top and holds the ball up really well. He is also pretty good in the air.

I don’t think his best position is up too, but he is the best we have up there at the minute.

DCL is very skilful player and has a good turn of pace, but he needs more strength to really acel up there.

Cenk is a great finisher and works hard, but he really lacks the pace for this league. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Agree.

He works so hard to top and holds the ball up really well. He is also pretty good in the air.

I don’t think his best position is up too, but he is the best we have up there at the minute.

DCL is very skilful player and has a good turn of pace, but he needs more strength to really acel up there.

Cenk is a great finisher and works hard, but he really lacks the pace for this league. 

I think his strength and his heading are his 2 biggest assets. If he has to improve on anything, it's his finishing. If he  can do that, he'll be the perfect striker

Just now, Matt said:

I think his strength and his heading are his 2 biggest assets. If he has to improve on anything, it's his finishing. If he  can do that, he'll be the perfect striker

I think he will Matt. Finishing gets better in time. And it’s not like he is shinning it to the stands. He ain’t far off from being a decent finisher. Long way from a good finisher though.... if that makes sense.

I think he will become a very good goal scorer in the premier league.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I think he will Matt. Finishing gets better in time. And it’s not like he is shinning it to the stands. He ain’t far off from being a decent finisher. Long way from a good finisher though.... if that makes sense.

I think he will become a very good goal scorer in the premier league.

Everything improves with experience, but his finishing is well below the standard of a striker in my opinion and it's going to take a while for that to get to the level I'd expect. That said, Kane when he was younger couldn't shoot for shit in the games I saw him play in the England u21s and he turned out alright, maybe DCL is just a later bloomer in terms of finishing.

If we could merge DCL and Cenk, we'd be set!

On 06/12/2018 at 09:28, Paddock said:

You’re probably the only one that sees it like that.

Wouldn't be the first time. :)

If you had sufficient funds to either sign Gomes or spend on another striker, which would it be? These are the types of decisions we have to take, because budget is not infinite. I'd say sign Gomes and take the risk on two of the brightest young striker prospects in sight (viz. Henry and DC-L). Sure, it may not work out, but this is the trade-off I'd make.

12 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Wouldn't be the first time. :)

If you had sufficient funds to either sign Gomes or spend on another striker, which would it be? These are the types of decisions we have to take, because budget is not infinite. I'd say sign Gomes and take the risk on two of the brightest young striker prospects in sight (viz. Henry and DC-L). Sure, it may not work out, but this is the trade-off I'd make.

They are not 2 of the brightest young prospects about Steve, that’s the whole point. Offload Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun and a couple of others pay the money for Gomez and buy a top class striker otherwise we stay with the also rans- No doubt about it.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

They are not 2 of the brightest young prospects about Steve, that’s the whole point. Offload Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun and a couple of others pay the money for Gomez and buy a top class striker otherwise we stay with the also rans- No doubt about it.

Exactly that I don't see many other teams with aspirations of  being one of the top teams in the league with as poor forwards as us not including Richarlison who is a make shift

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

We should sell schneiderlein, bolassie, niasse, maybe tosun... that's £60m+ there. 

That takes care of Gomes, we also need a right back as well as a striker. 

Bolasie niasse Schneiderlin all 29 going on 30, I don’t think we will get much for them. Maybe 8-10m a pop.  Tosun let’s hope we can get 20m for him.  That’s 50m right there.  Sell McCarthy another 12m or so.  That should be Gomes and cover his wages.  

Transfer kitty to spend on rashford or icardi and then a RB.  That’s only 3 players in as lots out.  I think that would be enough.

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Bolasie niasse Schneiderlin all 29 going on 30, I don’t think we will get much for them. Maybe 8-10m a pop.  Tosun let’s hope we can get 20m for him.  That’s 50m right there.  Sell McCarthy another 12m or so.  That should be Gomes and cover his wages.  

Transfer kitty to spend on rashford or icardi and then a RB.  That’s only 3 players in as lots out.  I think that would be enough.

There is no point in selling McCarthy. His value will only increase to what it is now. We would get £8m for him. He proves himself he's a £20m player min.

Niasse £12m.... schneiderlein £15m,  bolassie £15m..... tosun £20m. In Jan the likes of Cardiff etc will pay it to even try and get survival. 

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

If we're looking for a proven Premier League striker, one's becoming available. 😎

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3721116/live-transfer-talk-romelu-lukaku-eyeing-manchester-united-exit-as-hes-tired-of-jose-mourinho

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

As much as I rate him as a striker, he's such a big ego. He won't come back anytime soon, nor we will be interested in bringing him back. Plenty of fish in the sea, Brands must dip in the water and pull out a golden one. 

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

No, No and No, he's a lazy self centred egotistical non team player, the exact opposite of what M+M are working to achieve.

BTW did I say NO?