IGNORED

Richarlison

32 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Think so? Why would attitude change from this season to next? It’s looking more and more like he could end up being a flop. He’s been a passenger for 3 months now. 

I just think if they can work on him, he could turn into something really good.

He came on and fight well tonight, it was like he watched the younger lads and heard the crowd react. His effort was there, but he still held on to the ball way to long, trying to do it himself.... that’s immaturity for me and something he will learn.

Reminds me a bit of Lukaku.  strolls arround looking pissed off all the time, and hes a miserable bastard he never smiles or looks as tho he enjoys football, another thing that reminds me of Lukaku is the start he had to the season which was quite good but now hes downed his tools and is a bit of a liability. He did the same at Watford and was benched for most of the season after Xmas.

Strong, quick, gets the goals.

He's not really a winger as much as a wide forward. If he gets 10-15 league goals a season, combine that with a striker and midfielder that does the same and we have goals in our side. 

I'm surprised how many people have changed their mind on him over the course of a couple of months, despite only being 21 years old.

He's scored the most goals for a player 21 or under this season. Only Rashford comes close.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Jesus. I don’t like is attitude either and his form has been poor but that’s largely down to bad tactics playing him out of position, plus the team doing not well, particularly midfield.

It was only 6 months ago we were all giddy because he getting call ups to Brazil! 

Can we please stop calling for heads to roll and selling players off after seriously short periods of time?! 

Stop being a kill joy what else can we moan about 😉

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Jesus. I don’t like is attitude either and his form has been poor but that’s largely down to bad tactics playing him out of position, plus the team doing not well, particularly midfield.

It was only 6 months ago we were all giddy because he getting call ups to Brazil! 

Can we please stop calling for heads to roll and selling players off after seriously short periods of time?! 

Hallelujah brother.

I know we are having a shit time of it lately but as Matt said can we stop being hyper critical of our new and young players and try supporting them for a while please. Crikey without Richarlison  and his goals we would be in deep shit.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Hallelujah brother.

I know we are having a shit time of it lately but as Matt said can we stop being hyper critical of our new and young players and try supporting them for a while please. Crikey without Richarlison  and his goals we would be in deep shit.

Your have to put a scaffold around Richarlison to support him he’s always falling over. 

I don't see the attitude quotes. Yes he goes down easy but he always works hard and never lets his full back down. Some of his passing is frustrating but no more so than any of the other forward players. Even that pass for Tosun would have been a good pass if Tosun was a quicker player and more on his toes. He was guilty of not realising who the man was more than anything.

I have no problem with the player (other than being soft). He is our main goal scoring winger and should be complemented with a player like Bernard on the other side who is better at keeping the ball.

And in terms of being soft, his team mates need to help him out and give him a good kick in on the training pitch until he gets used to it.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't see the attitude quotes. Yes he goes down easy but he always works hard and never lets his full back down. Some of his passing is frustrating but no more so than any of the other forward players. Even that pass for Tosun would have been a good pass if Tosun was a quicker player and more on his toes. He was guilty of not realising who the man was more than anything.

I have no problem with the player (other than being soft). He is our main goal scoring winger and should be complemented with a player like Bernard on the other side who is better at keeping the ball.

And in terms of being soft, his team mates need to help him out and give him a good kick in on the training pitch until he gets used to it.

Agree, he’s good at creating for himself but not so great at creating for others.

My only gripe is he wants to act a hard man but goes over all the time. Can’t fault his work ethic though.

You absolutely can fault his work ethic. 

At the beginning you couldn’t, absolutely. But I’ve watched him for months play like he’s totally disinterested. Just a token effort at most the majority of the time. 

I’m ecstatic he’s been dropped and I hope it stays that way for a good while. That might light a fire under his arse. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

At the beginning you couldn’t, absolutely. But I’ve watched him for months play like he’s totally disinterested. Just a token effort at most the majority of the time. 

I’m ecstatic he’s been dropped and I hope it stays that way for a good while. That might light a fire under his arse. 

100% this. We are privileged to attend all the home games where we can see what he does 100% of the time, those watching on TV will only see when he is on the ball and will have their view of him skewed a bit. This isn'tt a dig at people who "don't go the match" but honestly his stropping around when the ball is nowhere near him is very evident. Seen him plenty of times moan at someone else for his fuck up as well. Yes he's scored the goals but he did need dropping to show you cant just rely on former glory, you've got to stay competitive to stay in this team.

Guys ..... can we just clarify that footballers are humans and it's an ever changing game...

Some on here and may be myself at times are reluctant to review a player and change an opinion cos it means we were wrong at some stage.....  I was happy to get Walcott,  made up with Schneiderlein, thought Gomes was better than pogba and Richarlison is the next Ronaldo.... my thoughts are different now. Not cos I was wrong then but what those players are doing now.

We lack characters in the team and not one of them have any.... when the chips are down you find out who is a good solid pro.  Davies the other night, Kenny, Tosun, Niasse,  they may not be the best but they will Shane those aforementioned. 

Players need to be held accountable by their attitude.  Richarlison is petulant, talented but unreliable. 

On 07/02/2019 at 03:42, Shukes said:

I just think if they can work on him, he could turn into something really good.

He came on and fight well tonight, it was like he watched the younger lads and heard the crowd react. His effort was there, but he still held on to the ball way to long, trying to do it himself.... that’s immaturity for me and something he will learn.

More like he wanted to impress Man City.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No doubt he will be back in for the Watford game

8 hours ago, aaron said:

100% this. We are privileged to attend all the home games where we can see what he does 100% of the time, those watching on TV will only see when he is on the ball and will have their view of him skewed a bit. This isn'ttt a dig at people who "don't go the match" but honestly his stropping around when the ball is nowhere near him is very evident. Seen him plenty of times moan at someone else for his fuck up as well. Yes he's scored the goals but he did need dropping to show you cant just rely on former glory, you've got to stay competitive to stay in this team.

Thats a fair point actually. On the TV he always seems to be back in position when he is needed, but obviously cant tell what he is doing when he is out of shot.

On 08/02/2019 at 11:55, aaron said:

100% this. We are privileged to attend all the home games where we can see what he does 100% of the time, those watching on TV will only see when he is on the ball and will have their view of him skewed a bit. This isn'tttt a dig at people who "don't go the match" but honestly his stropping around when the ball is nowhere near him is very evident. Seen him plenty of times moan at someone else for his fuck up as well. Yes he's scored the goals but he did need dropping to show you cant just rely on former glory, you've got to stay competitive to stay in this team.

I can see his lack of effort regardless of watching on TV mate - the angle on the stream I get is quite wide and elevated but even so, if he's ever out of frame, it's because the balls in our half and he isn'tt which speaks volumes. It's been so abundantly clear, but also completely aligned with the collapse of the whole team since the derby defeat. Plus Silva seems to have abandoned the high press that was working so well. 

His sulking face doesn't help with the attitude perception. 

On 12/02/2019 at 10:15, Matt said:

I can see his lack of effort regardless of watching on TV mate - the angle on the stream I get is quite wide and elevated but even so, if he's ever out of frame, it's because the balls in our half and he isn'ttt which speaks volumes. It's been so abundantly clear, but also completely aligned with the collapse of the whole team since the derby defeat. Plus Silva seems to have abandoned the high press that was working so well. 

His sulking face doesn't help with the attitude perception. 

I'm not sure that its Silva whose abandoned the high press.  He's got no choice as the players aren't prepared to work hard enough.