IGNORED

Richarlison

Reputations really shouldn't go before a player. If it's a foul then the ref should give it. I know it's not that simple but it should be. 

Richarlison certainly doesn't help himself in this regard. I'm certain that not every time he's been grappled and lands on his arse that he's not playacting and when he doesn't get the decision that then makes him be more theatrical the next time because he feels he needs to to get the free-kick. But that then makes the ref less willing to give the foul. And on and on we go.

I think his sulky face puts most people off. If he feels contact he goes down, that’s probably the way he was taught in Brazil and he would get a lot more fouls in other countries. He should get a lot more than he does because of the way he rolls around the boy who cried wolf analogy is spot on. I think other supporters know he is our biggest threat. Can score with either foot and is good in the air. 

5 hours ago, nogs said:

But not finishing them, which is what everyone is complaining about isn't it? 

I was fuming at his performance on Sunday. The way he falls over at every touch from a CB is either disgraceful play acting or evidence that he just cannot handle the physical side of the game every CF has to endure. To be fair to him, he did win a blatant foul off Sanchez, which Atkinson probably didn't give coz of how many times he'd been on the floor beforehand. But then why wasn't he booked for playacting? 

I agree with Shukes. If a player on another side behaved the way he did Evertonians would want them lynching. Keep him on the wing where he gets much less of the close attention he clearly can't handle, and where imo he's more of a threat anyway. 

No everyone is complaining about him flinging himself around. He was getting shots off that the others wouldn't but they were no more than half chances. 

I completely understand that he is a huge pain in the arse and it does have a negative impact on the team at times but he brings more than any of the other attackers and whilst I don't like it I think he brings more than he gives away with his antics.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

After that performance I would much rather have DCL. Our best moments came in the last 15 minutes with DCL and Cenk on the pitch. 

Richarlison at the moment is embarrassing us. Neutrals see him as the biggest cheat in the premier league. Well the ones I talk to do.

Were all quick enough to tear people apart for doing it against us, we need to do the same with our own players.

In the last 15 minutes when they were down to 10 men and we had most of the possession with 2 strikers playing alongside each other?

FWIW I though Cenk was lively, far more important touches than DCL (goal included).

8 hours ago, nogs said:

But not finishing them, which is what everyone is complaining about isn't it? 

I was fuming at his performance on Sunday. The way he falls over at every touch from a CB is either disgraceful play acting or evidence that he just cannot handle the physical side of the game every CF has to endure. To be fair to him, he did win a blatant foul off Sanchez, which Atkinson probably didn't give coz of how many times he'd been on the floor beforehand. But then why wasn't he booked for playacting? 

I agree with Shukes. If a player on another side behaved the way he did Evertonians would want them lynching. Keep him on the wing where he gets much less of the close attention he clearly can't handle, and where imo he's more of a threat anyway. 

All of this but what annoys me even more is that he does have the strength, certainly the balance and quick feet, to hold off 1-2 players sometimes. It just tells me he’s deciding he can’t be bothered when he decides to buy a foul. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

In the last 15 minutes when they were down to 10 men and we had most of the possession with 2 strikers playing alongside each other?

FWIW I though Cenk was lively, far more important touches than DCL (goal included).

Yes hat 15 minutes.

Not saying it’s just DCL, as I thought Cenk energy was great. But I did see the importance and difference that DCL made. I watched him fall into the floor and still reach out a leg which kept possession on our side. He stood up and made a simple pass inside that started an attack. Excellent bit of individual skill that goes unnoticed a lot.

If that was Richarlison, DCL and Cenk wouldn’t have even got on the pitch, as Richie would still be rolling on the floor well into stoppage time!

And it didn’t go unnoticed that Cenk and DCL both challenged for cross that went in. Brought a massive smile to my face to see two players going in where it hurts.... made me feel that the ball was going in, there was no chance it want it. That’s the spirit of the realm Everton we all want to see.

Made up for Cenk. He deserved that.

Whilst he has the skill set of can shoot with both feet and is good in the air ( when not chanllenged) he’s not tough enough to play CF, would like to see him get on the end of DCL,S knock downs more, and also when he’s on the wing, run down the line more, he kept stopping and passing the ball back too often on Sunday when he had the chance.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

All of this but what annoys me even more is that he does have the strength, certainly the balance and quick feet, to hold off 1-2 players sometimes. It just tells me he’s deciding he can’t be bothered when he decides to buy a foul. 

This is it for me. He clearly can stay on his feet and get on with it. I think Silva needs to be stronger with him and tell him to man up a bit. I don't necessarily care about the going to the ground bit as long as he gets up and goes again when it's not given. 

It pisses me off most when the other 10 lads are out there grafting and he is rolling around clutching his face 5 minutes after the collision occured.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

If DCL had them shots people would be moaning they were straight at the keeper. 

51 minutes ago, Bailey said:

DCL wouldn't have got the shots off, it just wouldn't have happened.

Thought DCL has looked good the past 4 or 5 games he's featured in and constantly dropping him unwarranted, especially after many runs of previous games when he hasn't really been doing much but kept his place. 

I suppose it's tactical, but nonsensical to me. And I don't even really like him as a player. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Thought DCL has looked good the past 4 or 5 games he's featured in and constantly dropping him unwarranted, especially after many runs of previous games when he hasn't really been doing much but kept his place. 

I suppose it's tactical, but nonsensical to me. And I don't even really like him as a player. 

I don't think he has looked good and I'm not surprised he has been dropped.

I actually think his performance levels are down on last season but then again so are most of the teams.

DCL 5 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 45% (5 on target from 11 total). "Big chances" missed - 5

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9576/Dominic-Calvert-Lewin/stats?co=1&se=274

Richarlison 4 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 28% (8 on target from 29 total). "Big chances" missed - 2

https://www.premierleague.com/players/24630/Richarlison/stats?co=1&se=274

No idea what constitutes a "big chance" or "missed" (is missed a save, like when a penalty is saved it's called a miss?) because I remember at least 4-5 headers that Richarlison should've buried but had his 50p head on. His defensive work statistically is much better, though you'd expect that from a winger vs a CF

All I can really get from those stats is that both are under-performing massively, however so is pretty much everyone else as has been mentioned. The main issue has come from injury in midfield, and that we played such a slow game for so long (until Gomes and Davies worked together at least) that the forwards just don't get an opportunity in time. 

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Good to see that Silva is working with Richarlison to get him to “stand more”. 

He is saying that the premier league is fast and tough and you need to be strong, and that Richarlison needs to learn to stand up more. The referees will then be “ more fair”!

Annoyed that he has to say it in the first place 

15 hours ago, Matt said:

DCL 5 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 45% (5 on target from 11 total). "Big chances" missed - 5

https://www.premierleague.com/players/9576/Dominic-Calvert-Lewin/stats?co=1&se=274

Richarlison 4 in 12 games this season (all competitions). Shooting accuracy 28% (8 on target from 29 total). "Big chances" missed - 2

https://www.premierleague.com/players/24630/Richarlison/stats?co=1&se=274

No idea what constitutes a "big chance" or "missed" (is missed a save, like when a penalty is saved it's called a miss?) because I remember at least 4-5 headers that Richarlison should've buried but had his 50p head on. His defensive work statistically is much better, though you'd expect that from a winger vs a CF

All I can really get from those stats is that both are under-performing massively, however so is pretty much everyone else as has been mentioned. The main issue has come from injury in midfield, and that we played such a slow game for so long (until Gomes and Davies worked together at least) that the forwards just don't get an opportunity in time. 

If you look at understat for the expected goals, assists and involvement in build up play etc, Richarlison is far more rounded than DCL. The former is only significantly below average for his goals and expected goals when playing as a forward (he hasn't scored from up front) whereas this is where DCL is actually above average however he is almost non-existent in most of the other categories. Richarlison averages 2.67 shots per 90 minutes compared to DCL's 1.52.

The one thing to consider in these stats is that DCL scored when the ball was almost over the line. If you take this out, his goal contribution drops significantly where it is less than average but still higher than Richarlison's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The stuff about sweating blood for the club and putting his life on the line ticks a lot of Toffees fans boxes. 😊 We need a lot more of that. If he could see his way to standing up to a few more challenges from centre backs he might end up making a decent CF!