IGNORED

Richarlison

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

£85m is good money for him but we’d have no chance of getting a replacement with only a few days of the window left. I didn’t really think I’d need to explain tbh!

as was shown by lukaku, everyone knows you have money and you get held hostage buying average players.  like we did and we never recovered.  i am surprised you would think we would sell him.  in a couple years sure, but not now.

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

as was shown by lukaku, everyone knows you have money and you get held hostage buying average players.  like we did and we never recovered.  i am surprised you would think we would sell him.  in a couple years sure, but not now.

They’ll know we’ve got money whenever we sell him. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They’ll know we’ve got money whenever we sell him. 

that's why you get the replacement in early.  but we are everton and that is not likely to happen.

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Alan Myers in Twitter broke this story. They came in for him in the summer and got fucked off. Another came in early in the week and was knocked back. I can see him wanting to go. I wouldn’t sell him at all but maybe in the summer we will have no option. 

he just signed a new contact, the ink is still wet.  why would we sell him?  he's our best player, we need him. barca only wants him because suarez is injured.  he's a stop gap.

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If it hadn’t been this late in the window I think it’d have been accepted.

It'll be interesting to see if Richarlison now requests to leave. 

That’s my worry now. I’m hoping he sees the sense in staying for another year and building his profile.

Hopefully he can see what happened with Gana and how we honoured that transfer.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's why you get the replacement in early.  but we are everton and that is not likely to happen.

he just signed a new contact, the ink is still wet.  why would we sell him?  he's our best player, we need him. barca only wants him because suarez is injured.  he's a stop gap.

It’s not a case of us wanting to sell him. It’s a case of us being bullied into selling him. We all know how this affects some players and I pray that this doesn’t happen to Richarlison.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

It’s not a case of us wanting to sell him. It’s a case of us being bullied into selling him. We all know how this affects some players and I pray that this doesn’t happen to Richarlison.

the good thing about richy is he seems very grounded and comes from a humble background.  he only left watford because marco did and he had a close relationship with him.  he didn't push to leave, he was bought and accepted because of the marco connection.  i don't see him trying to get out.  also he is the focal point and star here, he might like that over being a bit part player and then sold 1 year later at barca like most of their players are.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Which is why I said we wouldn’t sell him now in my post that you had an issue with. 

i had an issue with it because it seemed you were in favor of selling him.  i can't understand that logic.  i had no issue with the "too late in the window" part of your post.  i agree.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Now isn’t the right time to sell only because we don’t have time to find a replacement, but if 85-100 million is on the table in the summer transfer window, we will take it we’d be fool’s not to. 

Just now, Palfy said:

Now isn’t the right time to sell only because we don’t have time to find a replacement, but if 85-100 million is on the table in the summer transfer window, we will take it we’d be fool’s not to. 

he could be worth double that in 2 years time if we can put a better team around him.  he's still very young.  i'm strongly against selling him.

Just now, Palfy said:

🤷‍♂️

Arteta still upsets me now. 
Selling Richarlison for anything but stupid money is a mistake for me. Stupid money is three times his value. His value is 80m now. Barca are offering what he is worth, nothing more.

Now look at your replacement for him. 

The Arteta comment is to show that it doesn’t matter how much you get for a player, if that player is irreplaceable. Now Richarlison isn’t quite there yet, but he could well be. I also don’t see many names around to replace him with.

Imagine selling your dream home because you were offered a good price..... you still lost your dream home.

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

the good thing about richy is he seems very grounded and comes from a humble background.  he only left watford because marco did and he had a close relationship with him.  he didn't push to leave, he was bought and accepted because of the marco connection.  i don't see him trying to get out.  also he is the focal point and star here, he might like that over being a bit part player and then sold 1 year later at barca like most of their players are.

i had an issue with it because it seemed you were in favor of selling him.  i can't understand that logic.  i had no issue with the "too late in the window" part of your post.  i agree.

There was absolutely nothing in my original post that even hinted at that. 

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

also he is the focal point and star here, he might like that over being a bit part player and then sold 1 year later at barca like most of their players are.

This basically. The game changed, yet many clubs have spending power and can offer ridiculous salary to players. That said, top clubs are now attractive to world class players only, who can slot in and play at the highest level. Richarlison is not a world class, nowhere near yet. Since money are not a problem for us anymore, why would he want to leave? His spot is more or less guaranteed here and we can easily double his wages after a year or so if he continues to improve. 

Arteta still upsets me now. 
Selling Richarlison for anything but stupid money is a mistake for me. Stupid money is three times his value. His value is 80m now. Barca are offering what he is worth, nothing more.

Now look at your replacement for him. 

The Arteta comment is to show that it doesn’t matter how much you get for a player, if that player is irreplaceable. Now Richarlison isn’t quite there yet, but he could well be. I also don’t see many names around to replace him with.

Imagine selling your dream home because you were offered a good price..... you still lost your dream home.

Football is a business Shukes not your treasured personal possessions. 
Arteta could have left on a free a few months later but he signed a new contract just before leaving so we could get a decent fee for him. 
I don’t own the club but if that offer of 85-100 million is on the table at the end of the season he will be gone, Ancelotti Brands and Moshiri will be thinking add another 20-30 million to that and Ancelotti will be able to get 4 top class players in who he wants and knows. 
That sort of money spent wisely could turn us into a top 4 team, well that’s what I believe the club will be thinking, there probably planning on how they spend the money now. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Arteta could have left on a free a few months later but he signed a new contract just before leaving so we could get a decent fee for him. 
I don’t own the club but if that offer of 85-100 million is on the table at the end of the season he will be gone, Ancelotti Brands and Moshiri will be thinking add another 20-30 million to that and Ancelotti will be able to get 4 top class players in who he wants and knows. 
That sort of money spent wisely could turn us into a top 4 team, well that’s what I believe the club will be thinking, there probably planning on how they spend the money now. 

See I think a top class player costs 50m+.
I also don’t think football should be ran as a material gains business. It should be a spirt first and foremost. I know the modern game is t like that, but it will eventually crumble due to it.

I know what happened with Arteta was inevitable, but the price was totally irrelevant. In a business you can replace things easily with funds. Football has proven time and time again that there is much more to it than that. 

Choice. Sell players for their market value, buy lower price  but lower quality players and build them up until you can sell them for profit. Change your name to Southampton.

make a stand, keep your players and build your club up into a footballing force. You might not be a selling, money making force, but which would fans prefer?

You have £85m in your pocket. Who are you going to buy? There are players there. I honestly don’t follow Europe anymore so don’t know.

Palfy, can’t I just be upset with this!

Of course you can mate it’s the fans who put  the emotions into the game more than the owners directors managers and players, true fans are stuck with the club they support all their lives, all the others mentioned are here for the money not the love. 

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Spurs and Bale money