IGNORED

Richarlison

“It’s all been talked about, he’s already told me he’s counting on me for another season, he asked me to hold on for a bit. Though it all depends, if a good offer were to come in, we sit down and talk, that’s part of football. We’re still talking about these details, working things out.”

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

At least he’s been truthful with the club and supporters, his first concern is himself and his career, and if furthering his career means leaving us this or next year for the right club then he will want to take it. 
I suppose it’s up to Ancelotti and the club to improve enough to make him believe his future could be here, but that would be a tough ask if Barca come knocking.  

Agree 100%. He's our best player, and I'd love for him to stick around, but at the moment we aren't matching his ambitions. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Some could say that by doing the dramatics on the pitch he already is!

True but I want better for him. I was “lucky” enough to work at Old Trafford whilst he was playing and shook his hand. He had a genuine heart but I was always disappointed by his way on field behaviour. Was like night and day, and he became a better player once he reduced his antics. More respected as a player. I want Richarlison to realise that sooner rather than later, because it will benefit him more 

9 hours ago, Matt said:

He really is. If he stops his dramatics on the field, which is clearly an act, he could be like Ronaldo

There is still a bit of that in his game but he was much better this last season. He also was less petulant when things didn’t go his way and didn’t react as much to opponents baiting him. I’d assume that an overall improvement in maturity comes naturally with age but also because he is more confident in himself as a player after a good campaign. 

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Probably naive to think but I can't help but wonder if Allan and James could buy us another year of Richarlison if we show real progress this year. They could be big enough influences to keep him here.

Get those signings, Carlo able to put a plan in action which the players really buy into, win something/get Europe. That gives every reason to stay with us and kick on.

I cant help but fear this year will be his last one if he continues at his current rate. He's got a huge career ahead of him IMO and the sky is the limit for the lad. 

Either way if he does leave it will not be on bad terms, hes been a pleasure to watch and I will be proud to be able to say he played for Everton. Incredible human being. 

17 hours ago, Aidan said:

I cant help but fear this year will be his last one if he continues at his current rate. He's got a huge career ahead of him IMO and the sky is the limit for the lad. 

Either way if he does leave it will not be on bad terms, hes been a pleasure to watch and I will be proud to be able to say he played for Everton. Incredible human being. 

I feel the same way. I just hope he goes outside of the PL. I don't want us to play/root against him. 

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

Or we could have a successful year and win a trophy, and he could have the chance of leading us in Europe the next year and become pet of Everton history.

Heres hoping 🙂

14 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I feel the same way. I just hope he goes outside of the PL. I don't want us to play/root against him. 

The signing of James Rodríguez is potentially a big factor in whether we can get Richie to stay. It’s a statement of intent and (because of Carlo) a sign we can attract some names now. If we can back up this window with a European finish it might make him pause. Team on the up, stadium coming, loved by the fans...If we flounder this season I agree we have little chance of retaining him.

I have not been a supporter for nearly as long as most on here, so I defer, but this feels like it’s a more pivotal season than most. 

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The signing is only going to work as a statement of intent if it produces on the pitch! 

If we want Richie to stay, the other 10 need to turn up a lot more regularly than they have been.

We have him tied to a contract and we are showing ambition.  He will ho if it suits all parties and if we want him to stay he doesn't seem the sort to rock the boat. 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

The signing of James Rodríguez is potentially a big factor in whether we can get Richie to stay. It’s a statement of intent and (because of Carlo) a sign we can attract some names now. If we can back up this window with a European finish it might make him pause. Team on the up, stadium coming, loved by the fans...If we flounder this season I agree we have little chance of retaining him.

I have not been a supporter for nearly as long as most on here, so I defer, but this feels like it’s a more pivotal season than most. 

I've been feeling this way since Martinez took charge, and it was amplified when we finished 5th only to be more disappointed each year since. I really hope you're right.