IGNORED

Richarlison

Missed the match tonight as I was playing myself... foolish at my age.

Soubds like I didn’t miss much in regards to the match, but sounds like this lad is a player. Lots of comments about how he already looks our best player. Can’t wait to see him. Going to watch the Valencia match, so hopefully will get to see him.

For fuck's sake, the BBC are STILL referring to Richarlison as a "£50 million signing" in the headline of their write-up of the Rennes game. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44995201

This is pissing me off way more than it should, but it's so annoying how they're hell-bent on making us out to be little upstarts tossing money away. In one of their 'Have Your Say' sections a United fan wrote "Richarlison cost only 25 million less than Lukaku lol". Wait, so when calcualting Richarlison's fee we add on every conceivable bonus and add-on we can dream up, but for Lukaku's we list only the initial outlay?

6 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

For fuck's sake, the BBC are STILL referring to Richarlison as a "£50 million signing" in the headline of their write-up of the Rennes game. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44995201

This is pissing me off way more than it should, but it's so annoying how they're hell-bent on making us out to be little upstarts tossing money away. In one of their 'Have Your Say' sections a United fan wrote "Richarlison cost only 25 million less than Lukaku lol". Wait, so when calcualting Richarlison's fee we add on every conceivable bonus and add-on we can dream up, but for Lukaku's we list only the initial outlay?

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the comments, not sure most of them could tie their own shoelaces based on what’s being said. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love how in the BBC's chart of most expensive summer transfers they have finally, after 2 weeks of trying to push the bullshit '50 million' figure, had to admit that we bought him for 35 million. Less than West Ham paid for some guy from Lazio.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45133957

I guarantee though that in their write-up of our Wolves game on Saturday, and in every write-up of every game after it, they will go back to calling him "Richarlison, a 50 million pound summer signing from Watford". 

On 09/08/2018 at 23:33, Isaiah said:

I love how in the BBC's chart of most expensive summer transfers they have finally, after 2 weeks of trying to push the bullshit '50 million' figure, had to admit that we bought him for 35 million. Less than West Ham paid for some guy from Lazio.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45133957

I guarantee though that in their write-up of our Wolves game on Saturday, and in every write-up of every game after it, they will go back to calling him "Richarlison, a 50 million pound summer signing from Watford". 

And sure enough, 17 minutes into the game and the BBC's headline on their live text page is:

1. £50m signing Richarlison scores on Everton debut

I love what Richie said in his post-match interview about Silva being a father figure for him. It sounds like he'd run through a brick wall for him, and we need that passion and determination. He was also openly delighted to be given the MOTM award for the first time in his career. I already love this player. 

7 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

On NBC? To be fair I think he said dollars, which is closer to the truth.

Said dollars from what I heard, which he's hardly the first big signing to get referred to by his pricetag by commentators. I can confirm this since I watch other football matches.