IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

He’s not a CL class striker though he’s a striker who is playing in the CL with Besiktas. Yes he scored a few goals which is great but he would never get a game for any of the CL power houses. Fact is the Turkish league is like our 1st division and the lad is struggling to keep up in training which tells you he’s not class. He will get up to speed though but he’s not as good as you think he is mate. 

It is your opinion. I have never said that he is a magnificent talent and being CL class striker is not being Raul or someone like that. He was consistently making an impact and was scoring goals for Besiktas in CL.

Only questionable part here if you come up with it,

Could Everton have been signed a better striker or at least someone who is ready to keep up with PL pace?

Of course, Walsh and Fat Finger knew that Cenk is not in PL shape currently and he needs time. This is another question but we all know the answer:

Why he has been signed?

Name me some players who could have been signed instead of Cenk but the players who can easily be signed (up to be signed by Everton). You are not a financial person in the club, not the manager, not assistant... You can not know what they are demanding from Everton, especially with this form of the club so, name me some players who were ready for PL but Everton choose Cenk over them. I don't see many while I am checking summer transfer rumors. 

Anyways, these are personal thoughts and time will prove whose thoughts will be accurate. I still think he is a way better striker than Niasse as soon as he keeps up and gets his way back to starting lineup tho.

1 hour ago, Sir McGiven said:

It is your opinion. I have never said that he is a magnificent talent and being CL class striker is not being Raul or someone like that. He was consistently making an impact and was scoring goals for Besiktas in CL.

Only questionable part here if you come up with it,

Could Everton have been signed a better striker or at least someone who is ready to keep up with PL pace?

Of course, Walsh and Fat Finger knew that Cenk is not in PL shape currently and he needs time. This is another question but we all know the answer:

Why he has been signed?

Name me some players who could have been signed instead of Cenk but the players who can easily be signed (up to be signed by Everton). You are not a financial person in the club, not the manager, not assistant... You can not know what they are demanding from Everton, especially with this form of the club so, name me some players who were ready for PL but Everton choose Cenk over them. I don't see many while I am checking summer transfer rumors. 

Anyways, these are personal thoughts and time will prove whose thoughts will be accurate. I still think he is a way better striker than Niasse as soon as he keeps up and gets his way back to starting lineup tho.

Sturridge

look mate I’m not knocking Tosun and I get you love him and I hope he does well here but the reality is he’s in a better league and he’s struggling to adapt- hopefully he comes good.

12 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Sturridge

look mate I’m not knocking Tosun and I get you love him and I hope he does well here but the reality is he’s in a better league and he’s struggling to adapt- hopefully he comes good.

He can barely keep up with the physio mate

Just now, Matt said:

He can barely keep up with the physio mate

True but he asked a question and I answered it. Tosun will hopefully come good but he’s no longer the big fish in the small pond Matt and the sooner people realise this the less pressure will be on the lad. Besiktas fans are making out he’s a superstar- Everton fans are scratching their heads wondering why he can’t get in the team then.

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

True but he asked a question and I answered it. Tosun will hopefully come good but he’s no longer the big fish in the small pond Matt and the sooner people realise this the less pressure will be on the lad. Besiktas fans are making out he’s a superstar- Everton fans are scratching their heads wondering why he can’t get in the team then.

Not really because he's always injured. IF he could stay fit, I'd agree with the shout, but he can't. 

Clear as day to me, but I know what you mean overall :)

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not really because he's always injured. IF he could stay fit, I'd agree with the shout, but he can't. 

Clear as day to me, but I know what you mean overall :)

So was Walcott and plenty of other players- sometimes a change in club is alls a player needs to play again. With regards to Tosun some (and I use the word some not all) Besiktas fans have made him out to be a world beater and this star striker when in reality he’s not even close to the level they make out. I’m sure he’s a good player and I hope he comes good here but expectations are far too high and it’s unfair on the lad.

I do understand you mate, I am not Cenk (maybe I am) or Cenk is not my family and all I can wish is to see him performing well like he did for us. He may not perform well, not my problem to be honest. (It's his problem if he wants to be remembered well by the Everton fans more than an "another failure")

Here, Everton's problems are the priority, not Cenk's. He needs to get it and start to produce more than what he is capable of. Regarding me, all I was trying to say in my shit loads of posts about him was some critics were too harsh on him before he is allowed to perform. Let's see what he can do after the what Sam wants to achieve in the league with Everton.

(Still, I think he is way more talented than Niasse as we know him from Turkish league as well, but of course, Cenk needs to level up asap to get close Niasse's physical condition)

1 hour ago, Sir McGiven said:

I do understand you mate, I am not Cenk (maybe I am) or Cenk is not my family and all I can wish is to see him performing well like he did for us. He may not perform well, not my problem to be honest. (It's his problem if he wants to be remembered well by the Everton fans more than an "another failure")

Here, Everton's problems are the priority, not Cenk's. He needs to get it and start to produce more than what he is capable of. Regarding me, all I was trying to say in my shit loads of posts about him was some critics were too harsh on him before he is allowed to perform. Let's see what he can do after the what Sam wants to achieve in the league with Everton.

(Still, I think he is way more talented than Niasse as we know him from Turkish league as well, but of course, Cenk needs to level up asap to get close Niasse's physical condition)

Nobody should be harsh on him he’s come to a far superior league playing a totally different style of football- he needs time but unfortunately we have an element of fans who read Besiktas fans raving and immediately expect him to be Suarez or Ronaldo then others are screaming the managers a prick (which he is but not because he’s not playing him) because they believe the hype.

Lets let the lad settle and find his feet, I think he’ll do ok here and we all wanted him to hit the ground running but unfortunately it’s not quite worked out that way. Patience and support is what he needs.

I think Cenk will turn out to be decent for us and he can't be worse than Niasse. I will say I think the way we play currently suits Niasse, because we don't have too many splitting passes through the opposition defense, so we need someone who is going to harass them and cause mistakes instead -- that's Niasse's style.

The true problem lies with the midfield. Hopefully, Sam saw that Davies, Gana, and Rooney/Glyfi is the midfield trio we need. Now we need to shore up the left side of the field with a top winger and suddenly our attack looks better (assuming we get a manager who wants to attack).

7 hours ago, hafnia said:

A load of shite.  He's not prepared to use tosun till we are safe but he continually used schneiderlein and gueye despite proving they can't work together.

Can't wait till we are rid of him. 

Its just the bravado of it. How could he possibly have played Cenk in case it went 3-2. Irrelevant considering he has said he was going to sub Bolasie on first! 

How on earth are comments like that going to do the lad any good. Just keep your mouth shut and move on. Stop making him a headline every week.

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

Sturridge

Jesus Pad. If Walsh had signed Sturridge everyone would have been more up in arms that they are at the moment with Cenk. He might be a great finisher but he barely stays off the treatment table and he is a lazy fucker. We don' need another shithouse.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Its just the bravado of it. How could he possibly have played Cenk in case it went 3-2. Irrelevant considering he has said he was going to sub Bolasie on first! 

How on earth are comments like that going to do the lad any good. Just keep your mouth shut and move on. Stop making him a headline every week.

Jesus Pad. If Walsh had signed Sturridge everyone would have been more up in arms that they are at the moment with Cenk. He might be a great finisher but he barely stays off the treatment table and he is a lazy fucker. We don' need another shithouse.

People said the same aabout Walcott- sometimes a lot layer just needs a move. I was more pointing to the fact Sturridge moved this window and is better than Tosun- if neither play it’s the same difference.

41 minutes ago, nogs said:

Well he could. He could not score any goals. Niasse scores goals. 

Can't judge Cenk on his limited performances for us to date.

Niasse does score goals, but he misses an awful lot more than he converts. 

Not a quality striker by any stretch, would rather see DCL or Cenk getting game time and Niasse being an option from the bench.

15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Can't judge Cenk on his limited performances for us to date.

Niasse does score goals, but he misses an awful lot more than he converts. 

Not a quality striker by any stretch, would rather see DCL or Cenk getting game time and Niasse being an option from the bench.

Not judging Tosun at all. Just pointing out that we could, actually, do a lot worse than Niasse. 8 goals in 18 games this season, many of them as a sub, is a pretty respectable return. 

21 minutes ago, nogs said:

Not judging Tosun at all. Just pointing out that we could, actually, do a lot worse than Niasse. 8 goals in 18 games this season, many of them as a sub, is a pretty respectable return. 

I agree he has scored goals for us, and is best used as a sub where is work rate and energy can cause problems.

I don't get all these comments about Tosun not being ready. How on earth do we know when he's barely played a game? If the issue is fitness, why is he not the sub who comes on with 15 minutes to play? We paid about as much for him as we paid a few years ago for Lukaku, which means the expectation is set. Give him the chance to meet that expectation.

Cue Haf now believing he's a bargain buy. :)

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't get all these comments about Tosun not being ready. How on earth do we know when he's barely played a game? If the issue is fitness, why is he not the sub who comes on with 15 minutes to play? We paid about as much for him as we paid a few years ago for Lukaku, which means the expectation is set. Give him the chance to meet that expectation.

Cue Haf now believing he's a bargain buy. :)

How is £20m+ for a bench warmer a bargain? It's a fuckin disgrace. 

We have klaasen, Schneiderlin, Keane, bolassie all costing over 20m and they aren't worth that.

Sick of the money we've wasted. 

36 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think Niasse deserves to start myself. He has done well in our last 2 wins.

He was ok in the last game, took his goal well, but was awful in the win over Leicester, missed two sitters.

Fundamentally his first touch and ball control are very poor, his finishing is sporadic at best. He tries to make up for this with effort and running. He upsets defenses with his constant harassing.

A sub to throw on when defenses are tired, not a starter. If we are preparing Cenk for next season, giving him time to adjust to life in the Premier League then I would rather have DCL start as he will benefit more from the game time and is a better player. 

56 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think Niasse deserves to start myself. He has done well in our last 2 wins.

I’ve been a big supporter of him, but hes best as an impact sub. His energy, tenacity, unpredictable nature are much more effective against a tiring defence. You could argue he good do that from the beginning and wear down defences, but I’d prefer DCL or Tosun doing that job. 

5 hours ago, London Blue said:

He was ok in the last game, took his goal well

I don't think he did; opinion is divided between those who think he cleverly gave Hennessy "the eyes" and then intentionally put it in the other corner and those that think he meant to put it where he was looking but misdirected it and got lucky. I'm in the second camp, it was my immediate instinct and certainly the MOTD pundits agreed with me. Don't get me wrong I love the guy for his attitude but he's really just a slight upgrade on The Straq.