IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

10 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The player himself said he was struggling to adjust so I would be inclined to believe it

Well he has adapted bloody quickly. The movement, the touch, the finishing... the difference between that training and the real games is that the ball was on the floor and people were passing to each other rather than it being lumped forward down dead ends.

Well he has adapted bloody quickly. The movement, the touch, the finishing... the difference between that training and the real games is that the ball was on the floor and people were passing to each other rather than it being lumped forward down dead ends.

It’s good that he is looking sharper in training , that is the whole point of the warm weather break after all, but I think you’re getting a little over excited, there is a world of difference between doing it in a kick about in training and doing it in the Premiership

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It’s good that he is looking sharper in training , that is the whole point of the warm weather break after all, but I think you’re getting a little over excited, there is a world of difference between doing it in a kick about in training and doing it in the Premiership

There is but if training doesn't mirror game circumstances then it is largely useless anyway!

18 hours ago, hafnia said:

What I liked about him in that clip is he finishes with very little backlift - doesn't give the keeper a chance to set his feet.  Fowler was the master at this - Romario understood it so well that he used to toe poke it... Defoe also used it to great effect. 

His close control and strength looks very good. 

Beat me to it 

Training or not to have such little room to let shots off with accuracy and pace like that is impressive his movement looks brilliant on that clip as well 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Beat me to it 

Training or not to have such little room to let shots off with accuracy and pace like that is impressive his movement looks brilliant on that clip as well 

He will prove to be a very good player IMO.  They could do with playing him up with niasse. 

Needs to come on when we’re winning.

I know a lot disagree, but he looked way off the pace. Nothing wrong with his ability, but he looks slower than Hibbert... I mean Hibbert as he is today. He also reminded me of Lu.... err he who shall not be named. Kind of jogged after the ball, rather than go fighti to get it.

Same as all of our players really, it’s a job not a hobby. 

The worst part was watching Deeney and thinking , wish we had a player like that who bullies and faiths for the ball. We’re not outfootballed a lot.... but we’re always out fought!

40 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know a lot disagree, but he looked way off the pace. Nothing wrong with his ability, but he looks slower than Hibbert... I mean Hibbert as he is today. He also reminded me of Lu.... err he who shall not be named. Kind of jogged after the ball, rather than go fighti to get it.

The worst part was watching Deeney and thinking , wish we had a player like that who bullies and faiths for the ball. We’re not outfootballed a lot.... but we’re always out fought!

No point in chasing after the ball if nobody behind you is doing it. I feel sorry for him he should have stayed playing CL football and moved somewhere in the Summer 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

To me he looks like a player that wants to play in tight spaces, other players buzzing around him, rather than chasing lost causes and lumps upfield. Basically he looks like a player that was bought for a different team and manager... Ironically if Martinez had bought him and Allardyce had bought Niasse if would have all made a lot more sense!

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

To me he looks like a player that wants to play in tight spaces, other players buzzing around him, rather than chasing lost causes and lumps upfield. Basically he looks like a player that was bought for a different team and manager... Ironically if Martinez had bought him and Allardyce had bought Niasse if would have all made a lot more sense!

Can’t disagree at all. He doesn’t seem a hard working press type player. But his touch seems decent so could be much better in an attacking team.

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

It's near impossible for any striker to have a meaningful impact when they are completely isolated from the rest of the team positionally and also getting no service because the guys behind him can't string together a set of three passes

It’s not just about service though guys. You can say that about any forward or player, same with Niasse. 

What I witnessed was a player who isn’t at the same pace as the rest of the premier league. He needs more training to get his fitness and speed up. He may be match for for the Turkish league, but he isn’t match for for this league.

He will get there, he just isn’t there it. And yes he needs game time to get there, but he isnt going to come on in a tough even match and win it for us. He needs time.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

He will get there, he just isn’t there it. And yes he needs game time to get there, but he isnt going to come on in a tough even match and win it for us. He needs time.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to do that, Shukes. But bringing him on to play completely on his own is not going to help him. When he came on it should have been to play with Niasse. That would have been the ideal partnership tbh - you've got Tosun that can win headers for Niasse to get on the end of, and the awkwardness of Niasse to harry defenders into a mistake that our midfield could latch on to and then put the ball into the box for Tosun.

I can't agree that he's not a hard-working, pressing player either. He may not be like Niasse in terms of chasing everything that moves, but he does work for the team. For example, against Watford he harried a Watford player near the touchline, dispossessed him and then drove towards the penalty area with the ball. But, to be honest, I'd prefer him not to be there doing that - I want him in the box. Another reason why him playing up on his own isn'ttt what he or we need right now.

I think that’s what I was trying to say Romey. 

It was completely the wrong time to bring him on. He isn’t up to the speed of the premier yet, and to bring him on and throw him up alone with no service like that was a terrible desicion.

But I can see why comments have been made about him not being ready, though I was made up to see him on at last. 

I just wish the rest of the team could get us into a position where he can come on and get a few chances. I would love to see what him and DCL could do together to be honest.