IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Allardyce said cenk doesn't like the cold.... he scored 2 on a blustery cold day in stoke.  In short Sam is full of shit

He was born in Wetzlar (colder winters than Liverpool) then played in Frankfurt (colder winters than Liverpool), Gaziantep (colder winters than Liverpool) and Istanbul (very similar winter climate to Liverpool) so it was a bit of a daft thing to say.

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

No. I think far too much was made of it.

Like most strikers he could have done with a goal pretty quickly.

His all round play was good and still is. 

No mate, my opinion wasn’t biased or based on anyone else’s thoughts or views. I just simply watched him and thought it was either a bad signing or hat he just wasn’t up to fitness yet. He got shouldered off the ball easily, he didn’t sprint for the whole match, h hardly went looking for the ball.... just basically jogged around the pitch. He looked lost and out of his depth at that time.

Look back through the match day threads like MJB suggests, you’ll find I commented on it there. Now I’m not suggesting I was right at all, just that my comments were my own that’s all. 

He may have been ready and just getting used of his surroundings and new team mates. But I honestly thought we had either another dud, or a player that wasn’t up to premier fitness levels. Thought they, I could see he had a good touch and his ability was there.

As it happens, I couldn’t be happier that he has found his boots. And I do agree MJB, up until his goal he still looked to be struggling a little, but as Haf pointed out, it’s amazing how an early goal settles the nerves and takes the pressure away.

Whatever it was, we should just all be happy with Cenk and rejoice that we may have a top striker on our hands.

I don't buy it.  I think the poor bastard realised that he almost has to agree with the gravy drinking slob....  I see these interviews as nothing more than attempting to remain in favour. 
If he came out and said "I have always been ready"..... you reckon he would get a game? Allardyce is a vindictive egomaniac. 
Allardyce said cenk doesn't like the cold.... he scored 2 on a blustery cold day in stoke.  In short Sam is full of shit

[emoji23][emoji23] Seamus must also be in on the conspiracy as well

Everton's two 'good friends' will become rivals tonight
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-two-good-friends-who-14450497#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Honestly Haf just take the blinkers off and think it through for a second . Is it really so difficult to believe that a player who has never played in the Premier League before and who has been plying his trade in the Turkish Super League , who hasn’t had a game for weeks because of the winter break ,during which he went on holiday to Dubai with his missus, may just need a few weeks to get up to speed with the pace of the game here?

Is there not just a small chance that if the manager, coaching staff, teammates and the player himself all say that he wasn’t ready then just maybe he wasn’t actually ready?

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

starting for turkey today against coleman and ireland.

turkish friends - is he usually the starting striker for your national team?

Yes Mark, he has just started to be a constant one as Turkey having a problem to produce strikers recently and Cenk is the most successful and able to perform striker. But as Sacit pointed out there are some new young talents such as Enes Unal who signed by Man. City then loaned out to Twente and 2 years ago sold to Villarreal with a "buy back" option on the agreement. He is too young now, so what we have is only Cenk, at least in the next 2 years he will be the first choice without any question.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11303294/duncan-ferguson-backs-cenk-tosun-to-keep-scoring-for-everton

Duncan Ferguson has backed Cenk Tosun to become a success at Everton after extra one-on-one training sessions with the player.

Tosun has scored four goals in his last three games for Everton, having initially gone his first four matches for the club without a goal after signing from Turkish side Besiktas for £27m.

He paid tribute to Everton "legend" Ferguson for his upturn in form, having undergone extra shooting practice and physical training with the Toffees coach.

Ferguson believes Turkey international Tosun just needed time to adapt to English football.

"He's settling in well," Ferguson told Sky Sports News. "I think it took him a bit of time to adjust to the Premier League but he's looking good.

"We're obviously made up that he's scored a few goals now. Hopefully that continues.

"He can be a success if he keeps on working hard, we keep on giving him the supply. I think he can score goals for us."

There are two videos on that site too.

I've seen the same news in the Turkish newspapers yesterday but it wasn't like this. In Turkish newspapers, it was like "Benfica once offered Talisca + 7m. to Besiktas before he is signed by Everton but Besiktas asked for Talisca + 12m. and rejected any other offers" but this one says that Benfica offered Talisca for Cenk to Everton. I just "lol" to this. 

First of all, Talisca is a really talented player but not a classic no. 10. He is more like a shadow striker or false 9. His set pieces and long shots are good as f... and heading is not bad. On the other hand, not a consistent performer even in the same game. He is the reason why Besiktas falling apart this year. The team has changed the tactical approach as he couldn't manage to play as a 10. So weak, can't get into tackles, if he does he losses it. He doesn't have any vision on the pitch, passes are average.

It is a funny and manipulated rumor. I don't know about Liverpool, don't think Klopp will want a midfielder like Talisca in his team but yes, there are rumors that Mourinho really looking forward to signing him and as far as I know, he praised him already by showing his intention but he added "it is unlikely for him to get a work permit in the UK" as he is not a regular Brazilian national. For this national break, he received a call but couldn't even make it into the game. 1st game he was a sub, their manager didn't even use him and on the 2nd game, he wasn't even in the squad.

The dilemma here is, his loan contract with Besiktas will end at the end of the season. Until the end of his loan contract, if Besiktas offers 21m. to Benfica, we have the first option to sign him. Last year, they were up to it but this year he has been a total disappointment. So it is unlikely Besiktas will offer what they receive from Everton for Cenk's deal and risk all of it for Talisca. Turkish clubs don't have that luxury. Also, he used the talk about Benfica publicly, I mean he was criticizing the team, and neither the club itself nor the fans want him back. I think his agent up to something. Why do you even call a player that you are not going to use or even put in the subs as a Brazilian manager? Maybe his agent kindly said "look, I am trying to sell him to another team. just call him..." and spreading this kind of bullshit report to the media as well. That's what I think.

Absolutely, not an Everton-kind player. I don't know if he improves in the future but with his current shape, it'll be a huge fail for any team who signs him. 

About Talisca - he makes you think "that man is as good as Ronaldinho" and "where did we get this crap player from" even in the same game.

+ Very talented player

+ Loves big matches 

+ Good free-kick taker

+ Good header/finisher

+ Decent attitude

- Doesn't like tackles, weak player

- Very inconsistent performer

- Injury prone 

Compared to Cenk, I wouldn't swap them if I was an Evertonian. (Well, I am :) )

Such a humble human being. Modest, grateful and has everything up in his head he needs to be successful at this club.

I can really see him being a huge part of this club in the coming seasons, as long as he proves to be a big presence on the pitch.

By the way, just to underline that he did mention Sam in this interview by saying; "When I first arrived, I wasn't ready because Turkish league was on a break and EPL was going on, Sam said 'We need to work on your physical attributes' and I've started to do some extra training after scheduled training. After that he informed me on that he will use me as a substitute for a couple of upcoming matches, just to protect me."
I think my fellow Turkish friend@Tanora forgot to translate that part but I think it is an important part just because of some reactions which were posted here while Cenk wasn't playing as a starter.  On this subject, even I was thinking Sam was humiliating him by not letting him play but according to Cenk, Sam was trying to protect him from the fans with high expectations and Sam kindly informed him about it.
Of course, this does not justify how terrible manager he is [emoji4]

Jesus even Cenk is part of the conspiracy [emoji14]

As long as Cenk is sincere about being "not ready for the league" on his arrival, Sam deserves credit for this kind of protection, I agree with you. It is an unexpected sensitivity from a person who is known for his "I managed to do..." when everything goes great and "Team couldn't manage to do..." when everything goes bad kind of attitudes.

Give the devil his due I guess the closest idiom in English to what we say in Turkish; "Criticize the man but do not be unfair to him" if I try to translate.