IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure how formations affect a players ability to hit an accurate pass.  Lots of our players struggle with that. 

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Whole teams passing was awful yesterday, we played like were intimidated by Leeds

I think it was a sign of confused minds under the pressure that Leeds bring. Its the only explanation I can think of as to why the whole team (bar Allan) was so far off it.

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thought he started the game really well. His runs were causing more problems than anyone else but then he got worse as the game went on. Moving him to the right wing back role was odd as well. 

Him and Allan were swamped today, as they were last week. Allan did really well with the ball this week and Doucoure didn't. Defensively they will both have issues whilst they are being over run because there is too much to do.

As an example, at one point today two of the Leeds players had the ball on the edge of the box and I think it led to a shot from Phillips. Doucoure was trying to cover both men as the rest of the side was out of shape and he still managed to get an important touch on the ball to make it an easier save. 

He was one of our worse players yesterday if not the worst, haven’t seen more than a 5/10 from any pundits, and everyone mentioned the amount of possession he gave away as I and a few more highlighted here. 

17 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I’m laughing because like everything on this forum it’s “what have you done for me lately”.  People raved about him when he first came here and He played well the first few games and people kept talking him up like a worldie.  He’s form has dropped and now “he’s shite” “get rid”.  FFS that’s stuff I expect from Liverpool and United fans not “thinking evertonians”.  He wears the badge let’s get behind him he’s played a ton of matches probably been one of the most consistent names on the team sheet, Might just need a rest.

I’ve never raved about him, his last season at Watford told me he would be a gamble an expensive one at that. 

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve never raved about him, his last season at Watford told me he would be a gamble an expensive one at that. 

Don’t think anyone has to be fair. But again, slightest bit of criticism of a player and a few take exception to it... I put it down more to their flaws to be honest.

Don't think he was terrible yesterday, but also don’t think he has played anywhere near where he can yet either.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Don’t think anyone has to be fair. But again, slightest bit of criticism of a player and a few take exception to it... I put it down more to their flaws to be honest.

Don't think he was terrible yesterday, but also don’t think he has played anywhere near where he can yet either.

More opinions nationally suggest he was terrible, the biggest sin is giving the ball away cheaply and he was our best player at doing that 10/10

48 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

He’s not performed as I was expecting and hoping he would, but to add balance, ask yourself the question Doucoure or Schniederlin, and the former gets my vote. He covers a lot of ground, he will come good once we get a settled side, there’s too much change game to game IMO 

He would get mine in that scenario but two wrongs don’t make a right, and before people start spitting their dummies out I’m not saying it’s wrong he’s here as it wasn’t wrong that Schneiderlin was here, Schneiderlin didn’t live up to expectations and at the moment neither is Doucoure, what’s good for one imo has to be good for the others. 

I've seen enough from Doucoure to suggest he will be a good signing.  For £20m he cost next to nothing in this market.  

I think our struggles lie in the fact that we need to make siggy and Gomes non entity's - at the moment one of them is closer to the starting 11 than I would like them to be.

Hoijberg and Barkley to supplement Allan and Doucoure would give us the flexibility to try things like a double pivot but I'm thinking that if Gbamin makes a good first of it then it will give us a big boost. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

He was one of our worse players yesterday if not the worst, haven’t seen more than a 5/10 from any pundits, and everyone mentioned the amount of possession he gave away as I and a few more highlighted here. 

I didn't say that he wasn't and I have said he was crap. I don't get your point. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

He was everywhere, but nothing came off for him. The whole teams been rough since the kopite game, and the system changing and him being bounced around positions made him look worse that he was. Doesn’t excuse the basic errors he made but nearly everyone was making them so I’m not going to single him out 

I agree Matt. I think on the right hand side of a three he looked a lot more effective. Covering for James defensively and then linking up play too. Just had a few poor games by his own standard. If he scores in the first half the game is completely different, but small margins. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forgot all about him when I was posting last night, but how important was he to our whole game plan please?! He fully deserved DCL putting that chance away at the end of his driving run at 2-1. To go on a huge run from the edge of our own penalty area at that time in the game and drive into the oppositions half, and then to still have the composure and intelligence to play a perfect ball to put DCL in should not be underestimated.

He's not always pretty on the ball, or consistently good (when he's bad, he really stinks the place out), but when he's on his game he's a vital player for us.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Forgot all about him when I was posting last night, but how important was he to our whole game plan please?! He fully deserved DCL putting that chance away at the end of his driving run at 2-1. To go on a huge run from the edge of our own penalty area at that time in the game and drive into the oppositions half, and then to still have the composure and intelligence to play a perfect ball to put DCL in should not be underestimated.

He's not always pretty on the ball, or consistently good (when he's bad, he really stinks the place out), but when he's on his game he's a vital player for us.

I don’t think he’s ever been really bad to be honest, just that when he’s not his usual self he looks worse than his. He’s been just as important as Allan has been since he signed and he just seems to keep improving. Long may it continue 

He epitomises the importance of having legs in midfield.

He is what I call a strong runner, not necessarily blistering pace but runs in a way that he covers the ground with strides and good strength - like Yaya Toure, Viera, Gerrard.  He's not technically as good as those players but similarly to them, once he's into his stride he ain't getting caught or knocked off easily. He is great at the transition - compare him in that regard to the likes of Davies, Gylfi of Gomes - he's an athlete.

Godfrey is very similar in that regard.  

It's the reason that players like Jordan Henderson have a positive impact among other technically superior team mates. It's probably the reason why when they lose a yard they lack longevity.

He’s a  huge mark up on Gona, just needs to work on his first touch which occasionally gets away from him, and as Steve said simple passes don’t always get to the man.

Since Allans injury he has covered so much ground that we haven’t missed Allans presence as much as I thought we would he’s stepped up to help fill that void and get forward, he is what they mean when they use the term box to box. 

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Our weakest position when Silva came was centre mid yet he opted to spunk the budget on Richarlison. Half a chance he'd still be in a job had he brought Doucoure.

If I remember rightly he did go for Doucoure after Richarlison but they wouldn’t sell.