IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Bill, you’ve read one thing off his agent saying his best position is a centre back. He wanted to get his player a move. It’s not information.

If you want to get your player a move you dont tell people he's a centre half, when they are looking for a CDMr.

This report is from the echo, just passing on the information............

"One man who has seen plenty of Gbamin over the past three years is Michael Ebert, the South West region's Bundesliga reporter for Kicker, Germany's leading sports magazine.

Rather than just having someone who can fill Gueye's boots in a holding role in front of the back four, Ebert explains that Gbamin is able to mix things up.

He told the ECHO: “Physically Jean-Philippe is quite strong. Most of the time he played in the number 8 position but he can also play as a 6 or as a central defender."

Gbamin has said in his first club interview that he'll be played in the position he loves. Is that midfield then?

Does that mean we plan a CM of this guy, Gbamin and Gomes? And then there's Delph...I am fairly surprised we want to spend on another CM to be honest.

Yeah he’s said he’s here to play defensive mid but will play anywhere. Depends on if we have offers on the table for Morgan I guess. Marco has said that Delph is more of a Gomes type player which is direct competition. If Morgan and McCarthy go we only have JP. If we can’t get Dacoure I imagine Morgan stays 

6 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Yeah he’s said he’s here to play defensive mid but will play anywhere. Depends on if we have offers on the table for Morgan I guess. Marco has said that Delph is more of a Gomes type player which is direct competition. If Morgan and McCarthy go we only have JP. If we can’t get Dacoure I imagine Morgan stays 

Dont forget Tom Davies, although he is a box to box player. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

I dont know why we would offer a round figure in Euros? Surely it would be a round sum in Sterling?

I might be thinking about this a bit too much...

Yeah you are, swedish media report all transfers in Euros and swedish krona and round upor down to an even number. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He’s only recently signed a new deal. Can you see us spending £40-£50 million on him? I can’t. Centre half is where we need to invest in. 

Agreed. However, quality competition is not something to turn down. If they languish where they are now, and he requests a transfer, i think he’s up for grabs in the summer. January will just add 50% onto his price tag, not to mention their disgruntled view with us.  

On 14/09/2019 at 15:35, Bailey said:

Do we really need him now?

It depends on how Gbamin settles when fit and maybe how quickly Davies can get up to standard but I’d have him 100% or John McGinn. We need more drive from midfield. I’d still happily get rid of Schneiderlin and fear that Sigurdsson doesn’t fit a preferred system (however good he is) long term.