IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

17 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

That was all I was thinking watching Allan today. Gbamin seems like a more mobile, better-passing version of Allan

From the little I have seen of him Gbamin's passing is one of his worst attributes. 

17 hours ago, patto said:

I agree with this I’m thinking Gbamin will force himself into the team. 

He has a lot to prove yet. The only 2 or 3 games we have seen of him in this league he has shown himself to be off the pace. 

He has a big step up to overcome and I don't see him replacing Allan anytime soon. Lets just hope he has an injury free season to start with.

17 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've been quite disappointed with Allan after his first few games for us tbh.

I don't think he's been terrible by any stretch, but I thought he'd be better than he's shown if I'm honest.

The reports before he signed was that he was getting a bit leggy and it definitely looks that way. 

I also think the more ground he has to cover the worse he is. It just gives other players that extra yard to get away or around him.

I imagine he is great in those small pitch games, covering every blade of grass.

19 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Allan's shot in the first few mins of the game suggests Benitez is encouraging the midfeilders to have a bit more of a dig. 

The thing I liked the most about the game was just how much we squeezed up the pitch to win those second balls. Doucoure was always the first player on his bike to get forward but Allan was still pressing forward to, just in a more considered fashion because it will take him longer to get back.

I imagine Allan has to take two steps to every one of Doucoure's!

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2223027/doucoure-reveals-revised-mentality

Mentality to compete in each game, work hard if losing. "We know what was missing last season". So do the fans and it is pretty damning on the world-class manager.

In the article there's a vid asking the players who is the most skillful. No surprise Iwobi got the majority but Gray pips James for second. 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

People aren't fooled and assuming Demarai is here for the long haul he'll give everything I hope.

i think he was humbled being sold to the german league.  getting a chance with us he's hungry and ready to prove he is up to this level.  it was a great signing.

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think he was humbled being sold to the german league.  getting a chance with us he's hungry and ready to prove he is up to this level.  it was a great signing.

But if he gets injured tomorrow and sits out for a year is he still a great signing? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

enjoyed the little piece on him on match of the day, could see just how much he does as a full box to box midfielder now.

Having a player who will tackle and win the ball, then can ran forward with it with pace and power, lay it off and carry on forward to stay involved or play a lovely long pass forward is such a valuable asset to the team.

I always thought him and Allan sitting in under Ancelloti seemed too limiting on the team in attack but what he's giving us now give us so much all over the pitch and helps us push forward at pace.