IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

20 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Tough guy and good with the feet. Him and Allan will be bossing the midfield I reckon with James creating chances out of nowhere. Very exited about the season ahead. I hope luck will be on our side too.

Yeah. I think going back to a 4231 would suit our current squad best but hoping it’s a bit more of a 4132 

On 08/09/2020 at 09:58, Bailey said:

Fourth Official also confirms the Doucoure signing. He has been ahead of everyone else so far.

I must admit I am very impressed by how we have gone about this window in the end. It might have been a bit slow but we needed a new midfield and we have one. 

As you've surely seen me repeat many times, "games are won and lost in midfield." We've done exactly what we needed to do, and it will most surely pay off.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

I think every teams going to know they’ve had a game against Everton. Allan’s going to be all over the ball and if you get a moment from him you’ll probably turn straight into Doucoure. I think we’ve nearly got the balance perfect for a team that can press and tackle in defence. Silky and direct in attack whilst having plenty big physical players to defend and attack set pieces.

It’ll take at least 6 months before these 3 blend together but I agree with the overall sentiment 

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’ll take at least 6 months before these 3 blend together but I agree with the overall sentiment 

Not necessarily. The beauty of James and Allan is that they've played under Carlo before and have a lot of experience in football in general. I know players can take time to adapt but because we've got them at this age it could actually play into our hands. Then Doucoure has played in this league for many years, so won't need much of an adaptation time. If any.

I think the chances of all three taking time to gel and hitting the ground running are about the same really. Fingers crossed it's the latter.

I agree. I'm not saying that will be 100% at it from game one but that Allan and Doucoure will get up to speed very quickly.

If anyone might struggle it could be James just because of the league and how much more competitive and physical it is compared to the continent. I could see him struggling to play 90 minutes (or go past 60 mins) very often whilst he acclimatises. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not necessarily. The beauty of James and Allan is that they've played under Carlo before and have a lot of experience in football in general. I know players can take time to adapt but because we've got them at this age it could actually play into our hands. Then Doucoure has played in this league for many years, so won't need much of an adaptation time. If any.

I think the chances of all three taking time to gel and hitting the ground running are about the same really. Fingers crossed it's the latter.

Doucouré is the one I’m worried about the least because he’s played in the PL. The other two are going to have to adapt to the physicality, especially James. That said, I imagine Allan will get stuck in immediately and will have to adapt to the RNG of the refs 

Out of all of the signings I would think Doucoure is the one who will have most impact. 
We have missed strength and energy in the middle of the park, and I think this is what we’ll get. 

If ever there was a player that ticks the box to box type, he is it. He tackles, dribbles, and can make an impact in the last third. 
No longer will our middle be a pushover. 

On 10/09/2020 at 17:13, Matt said:

I think they all compliment each others game, each player offers something that the others dont quite offer. Gomes included. They will learn when to squeeze and when not to but in terms of holding shape i think they will be okay defensively

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

It was so refreshing to see someone busting a gut to help his defence then 2 minutes later busting a gut to help his attack! When did we last have a player who did that for us? Genuine question. 

Davies under Alladyce. Before that McCarthy, Fellaini, and Arteta. All done it with no big deal, although McCarthy did have a little blip on the map thanks to paddy Power one time. 

Koeman and Walsh took the energy out of the team and then Silva took the desire. 

Even if Davies would have really busted a gut in that situation, which I believe is complete bollocks, he wouldn't have the pace foresight to keep up with the play. 

Whether or not the likes of Gomes, Davies, Siggy, McCarthy (at the end) and even Barry wanted to be able to react in that situation they wouldn't have been able to physically. Even Allan showed that he couldn't in that game.

That is why it is so important to have someone in the team that can make the tactical decision to react (unlike someone like Gana) and then the physical ability to put that decision into practice (like the rest above).

I am sure he was the type of player they hoped Gbamin would be when he signed.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's proving me wrong and i'm loving it.  he was the best of the midfield 3 today.  he's everywhere in attack and gets a foot in defensively.  he looks massive but he's only 6'0".  i hope this form continues

He was solid today but James was sublime when he was on the ball. Be fun to see that midfield after 10 games or, even more so, after a year together.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I’m counting James as a forwRd since he’s playing right in a 433.  Gomes doucoure Allan the mids in my opinion.

Fair enough though in actuality he’s often playing as our 10. Someone should start a counter on the number of times he cuts in on his left and pings a cross field pass. We have to be near double digits already after 2 games.

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

like gana you take them out of a relegation side and put good players around them and they really shine.

Cough cough, please don’t start me off Mark by mentioning that fraud in the threads of proper footballers.

Thank you mate, as you can see we are so much better without him, it’s like not getting over a wife or partner who left you for someone with more money and a bigger dick, you wouldn’t keep bringing her up😉

Apologies in advance if that has happened.