IGNORED

Abdoulaye Doucouré

Peter H

• MikeO changed the title to Abdoulaye Doucouré
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Wanted him here for years, love the type of player he is and will add energy and drive to the midfield. If he was rumoured to be £30m last summer I wonder how much of a steal we could get him for.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Wanted him here for years, love the type of player he is and will add energy and drive to the midfield. If he was rumoured to be £30m last summer I wonder how much of a steal we could get him for.

I would like to see a midfield three of Doucoure, Allan and Gomes. Even though we know Carlo prefers a four, I think those three could be really dynamic. With a really good left footed winger/striker to compliment Richarlison and DCL, could be really interesting. 

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

I would like to see a midfield three of Doucoure, Allan and Gomes. Even though we know Carlo prefers a four, I think those three could be really dynamic. With a really good left footed winger/striker to compliment Richarlison and DCL, could be really interesting. 

I agree, we have always looked are most effective with 3 in midfield.

not overly keen on this - think he is an OK player - pretty average. A poor man's Gana. Pretty good off the ball, but not that great with it. Would much prefer to see Allan as our DM purchase  - not sure we would purchase both this summer with GBamin and Delph still at he club. 

Don't think he's had a particular good season with Watford this year, and their fans sound happy enough if he was to leave. So not a great sign.  

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

This smells like column filler. Like wall filler, but smells more like crack filler

A lot of different outlets picking this up now, and they are not all quoting the same source , so I reckon there is something in it 

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/18659460.watford-reject-everton-bid-doucoure/

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just find this odd. He was a player we wanted last year with a different manager and now he is apparently a target of Ancelotti’s and ahead of a player he has worked with before? 

I'd guess its BS. 

i think the club like him.  also think the "Carlos favourite" is nonsense

Opinion of a Watford fan from another forum:

"Im a Watford ST holder, so have watched most if not all their games this season. I don't recall seeing Doucoure play in any of them. I assumed it was his twin brother because he has been nothing short of woeful and completely inept in every game this season. Complete chalk and cheese to seasons prior to this. He decided a long time ago he wanted to leave and his performances have echoed that. At times he looked like he was trying, but his head dropped easily and he honestly showed no technical ability last season.

Keeping Sarr, Capoue and Deulofeo would be a good window for Watford"

Hopefully a move to us will motivate him to get back to his best under Carlo. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I just find this odd. He was a player we wanted last year with a different manager and now he is apparently a target of Ancelotti’s and ahead of a player he has worked with before? 

I'd guess its BS. 

We have a director of football. So would make sense if he wanted him then and still wants him now. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

We have a director of football. So would make sense if he wanted him then and still wants him now. 

It would and would also suggest who has the bigger say in transfer policy. 

I would love to know how many player we were linked with the previous season do actually sign for us in the end because I doubt its many and we have seen about 3 in the last few days.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

It would and would also suggest who has the bigger say in transfer policy. 

I would love to know how many player we were linked with the previous season do actually sign for us in the end because I doubt its many and we have seen about 3 in the last few days.

From how I understand the director of football situation; manager says “I need a midfielder”, director of football comes back with a bunch of options and they agree on targets. 
If Brands has brought Doucoure to the table and Carlo likes what he sees, they go for it. 

I agree that it’ll be interesting to see how this all unfolds.