IGNORED

Ben Thatcher V's Pedro Mendez

Anyone see the challenge last night?

I think theres only one way to deal with that sort of behaviour and thats the same way you or I would be delt with on a Saturday night in town if we commited a serious assault infront of the police.

Somebody needs to press charges!

46723[/snapback]

Absolutely, his only intent was to take out the player any way he could, downright thuggery. The FA will probably do bugger all so it will have to be left to civil action for any kind of punishment!

Edited by iggy1956

havent seen it meself but heard it was x rated, mendes had a seizure it says on ssn. NO FUTHER ACTION CAN BE TAKEN! thats what it says on ssn as he was cautioned by the ref. that rule should be scrapped, if somethin' like that last night happens and only a yellow card is shown when it should be a arrest then i think F.I.F.A never mind the FA should ban the player

Has someone at the FA finally discovered a set of balls?!!

The Football Association are to examine the disciplinary procedures surrounding Ben Thatcher's challenge on Pedro Mendes that left the Portsmouth midfielder requiring hospital treatment.

Manchester City defender Thatcher somehow escaped with a yellow card after an ugly incident five minutes into the second half of the Premiership clash at Eastlands on Wednesday, as he ran to the touchline to challenge the Pompey man and thrust his forearm into Mendes' jaw.

As a result the Portuguese midfielder suffered a seizure and had to be stretchered off before being taken to hospital.

Thatcher's actions infuriated Pompey boss Harry Redknapp who called for The FA to take action against the former Tottenham and Wimbledon man.

As referee Dermot Gallagher did brandish a yellow card it had seemed as though Thatcher would escape further action, but the powerbrokers at Soho Square are now treating the case as an exceptional incident.

The City defender has previously been punished for elbowing Sunderland's Nicky Summerbee in 2000, for which he received a two game ban, and may now find himself in hot water again following his latest indiscretion.

Has someone at the FA finally discovered a set of balls?!!

The Football Association are to examine the disciplinary procedures surrounding Ben Thatcher's challenge on Pedro Mendes that left the Portsmouth midfielder requiring hospital treatment.

Manchester City defender Thatcher somehow escaped with a yellow card after an ugly incident five minutes into the second half of the Premiership clash at Eastlands on Wednesday, as he ran to the touchline to challenge the Pompey man and thrust his forearm into Mendes' jaw.

As a result the Portuguese midfielder suffered a seizure and had to be stretchered off before being taken to hospital.

Thatcher's actions infuriated Pompey boss Harry Redknapp who called for The FA to take action against the former Tottenham and Wimbledon man.

As referee Dermot Gallagher did brandish a yellow card it had seemed as though Thatcher would escape further action, but the powerbrokers at Soho Square are now treating the case as an exceptional incident.

The City defender has previously been punished for elbowing Sunderland's Nicky Summerbee in 2000, for which he received a two game ban, and may now find himself in hot water again following his latest indiscretion.

46742[/snapback]

ive seen it now i i felt sick :angry: he deserves to be fined 2 weeks wages, and a 10 match ban :angry:

I'm all for letting violent incidents in sport stay on the field of play and be delt with by the official to keep the competative edge in sport but that was a piss take. I would personally press charges if i were mendez in that situation he tried to take his fookin head off over a football match.

I bet those lads who died after being punched once in town last year were not hit as hard as that and i for one feel mendez is lucky it wasnt far worse!

The thing that pissed me off aswell was that he didnt seem to think he'd done anything wrong. What a twat. If the police dont arrest him for assault there is something wrong.

46773[/snapback]

same ere that pissed me right off and he didnt even look to see if he was ok either, just got up and walked off, what a evil bastard he is :angry:

it is turning into a joke, the FA need to stop messing around, get him a lengthy ban sorted, then let the police carry out assault charges. bollcks to a letter. Mendez could have suffered alot worse injuries, at the speed he was running that elbow to the face would be like gettin hit by a car. if City had any bottle they would give him an in-house ban too