IGNORED

Marcel Brands (DoF)

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Tbf to Moshiri he went after Brands and Mochi but they wouldn't come. He's then gone for the bloke who is largely credited with Leicester winning the league. On paper Walsh had the credentials to be successful here. 

Koeman was poor though. Only had to look at the thrashing we gave them that season. But we did need a new manager, Martinez got rid of all the fitness staff as he had an outdated degree and it showed with our players playing at a snails pace, shortly after that he lost the dressing room. Nice guy, but stubborn to his own philosophy. Shame as if he was willing to change his philosophy he could've grown in to a top manager with us and moshiri's money. 

100% this.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Tbf to Moshiri he went after Brands and Mochi but they wouldn't come. He's then gone for the bloke who is largely credited with Leicester winning the league. On paper Walsh had the credentials to be successful here. 

Koeman was poor though. Only had to look at the thrashing we gave them that season. But we did need a new manager, Martinez got rid of all the fitness staff as he had an outdated degree and it showed with our players playing at a snails pace, shortly after that he lost the dressing room. Nice guy, but stubborn to his own philosophy. Shame as if he was willing to change his philosophy he could've grown in to a top manager with us and moshiri's money. 

good post, i wanted monchi so badly, funny thing is that he is having a rough time at Roma.  Sold Salah for peanuts, has bought some players that have underperformed.  They have been doing that well in the league.  Meanwhile Sevilla haven't skipped a beat, if anything they've been even better.  

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

good post, i wanted monchi so badly, funny thing is that he is having a rough time at Roma.  Sold Salah for peanuts, has bought some players that have underperformed.  They have been doing that well in the league.  Meanwhile Sevilla haven't skipped a beat, if anything they've been even better.  

Looks like we've hit the nail on the head with Brands * touches * wood. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

They did get to a CL final though? I wish our time was that rough ;)

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

had nothing to do with him, he just got there when that happened.  i don't think any of them were his players he brought in.

It was only the semi actually but from the second leg I counted 4 started and 2 came off the bench. Dont quote me on it though, it was tongue in cheek anyway.

21 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Mike parry was discussing Everton today and someone made the point of questioning Morishis acumen football wise as a businesman. He made a great point that brands has been here six months as a football director but is now on the clubs board? How does that work? 

I must admit it does seem a bit quick!

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m excited for this summer, I think brands is the man to move us forward. We ain’t gonna be signing dzeko, trippier etc. We are in the market for people that are under 25 and have a resale value 

We need a smart window. More out than in. In wages saved on the excess we probably will break even as well over the window.

38 minutes ago, Makis said:

All the ones that someone takes. Some of the players are on such high wages they are hard to move on unless the club pays a significant chunk of their wages.

Unfortunately this is the case. Few good contracts coming to an end. Surely a promoted team would take Mirallas even if we asked for  under 5m. Bolasie is the same. 

52 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

same for me, i'm more interested in who leaves than who joins this summer.

Me too, and I’m less worried about the output impact on the dressing room because the majority of those who will leave are already out on loan 

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

I hope we don’t follow that model. I would rather we change xo pketwly and buy players for success. We don’t want to become a feeder club for the bigger clubs.

We need to buy prospects, but also buy solid starters who are in their prime. Let the rest of the mid table clubs worry about resale value.... we want trophy’s and success, not to be known as a good business model.

I see what your saying, I just think we need to take the next step. I’ll be dying in the next thirty years and want to see a trophy again before haha.

Good post who wrote that for you 😉