IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

If the Clarence dock site could be looked at, the St.Louis (NFL) stadium proposal, looks like something we could adopt.

3-STL-Stadium_Overall-Aerial-from-North_

It's similar to the Kings Dock proposal, but with less of a bowl shape. It has more of a modern Nou Camp feel to it.

553b1aa7b6ade.image.jpg?resize=620%2C349

I like that it has one very high pitched side/end, could easily become the new GS. Or like Newcastle, stick the away fans far away.

Edited by Lowensda

If the Clarence dock site could be looked at, the St.Louis (NFL) stadium proposal, looks like something we could adopt.

3-STL-Stadium_Overall-Aerial-from-North_

It's similar to the Kings Dock proposal, but with less of a bowl shape. It has more of a modern Nou Camp feel to it.

553b1aa7b6ade.image.jpg?resize=620%2C349

I like that it has one very high pitched side/end, could easily become the new GS. Or like Newcastle, stick the away fans far away.

That looks very impressive. although I can not see it happening, I do like it

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Dunc, am I missing something? Has this been discussed already (been away)?

NEW%20GP_zpse1dknb66.jpg

This was an image from an Architect's website apparently, it generated a lot of buzz and has subsequently been taken down.

Some people with incredibly deft detective skills, also noticed the below in the recent Kone contract signing....

Kone_zpsfznmv4lu.jpg

Apparently it's a mock up of the ground above, which I think looks pretty cool.

It reminds me of the Stade Pierre-Mauroy I went to, to watch our boys play Lille. Both my old man and I agreed, that something of that kind, would be ideal for Everton.

Because of my location, I'm not up to speed on what the situation is now, but I went to the derby game 3 years ago (another draw!)and got the free bus from Sandhills station. It was an easy way to do it but getting back out was a f'n nightmare....just a couple of buses doing the run and there were hundreds of fans waiting.

Anyway, I digress. At Bank Hall I saw hundreds of acres of wasteland and disused factories and wharves....doing nothing! Surely the land can be turned into something useful like a stadium. Good rail links, good road access not far away on Scottie Rd.and Stanley Rd., heaps of parking space....etc.A good idea?

Was the Kings Dock thing a good option access-wise and why is it not happening?

They need to open that Canada train line that runs by the ground. We're so far behind the likes of London with transport. It will also encourage more businesses to the area making it more viable for Everton to go for concepts like the Goodison Hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-set-bid-host-2026-11176825

is 2026 too long to wait for a big stadium ala Man City? Personally I think it is...

unless what we do is have a stadium built that we can use asap which can convert to a track etc for when the games are on... split the cost or whatever...

we may even be able to have it close to a train station .........................................................................

Edited by Hafnia

Far far too long, 2020 should be a realistic target. But having a stadium that could house such an event, certainly wouldn't do the bid any harm.

would they go for a stadium that had been 6 years in use for a commonwealth games if they had to front a fair chunk of cash for it? It may affect the bid...

Perfect opportunity with this, can be a complete win win.

Rebuild the Park End to the 47,000 capacity Elstone said was achievable as soon as possible. Its not idea long term but for the best part of ten years it doesn't have to be amazing. It would only have to be big enough to cover the additional seating and some additional corporate seating or boxes.

Then move into a Commonwealth stadium in 2027 after the required adaptations have been made.

We would then have a better capacity, more unobstructed seating, and a better corporate profile to move into the new stadium a decade down the line.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-set-bid-host-2026-11176825

is 2026 too long to wait for a big stadium ala Man City? Personally I think it is...

unless what we do is have a stadium built that we can use asap which can convert to a track etc for when the games are on... split the cost or whatever...

we may even be able to have it close to a train station .........................................................................

Absolutely. And what happens if the bid is rejected? We lose a year or 2 hoping and set ourselves back!

Perfect opportunity with this, can be a complete win win.

Rebuild the Park End to the 47,000 capacity Elstone said was achievable as soon as possible. Its not idea long term but for the best part of ten years it doesn't have to be amazing. It would only have to be big enough to cover the additional seating and some additional corporate seating or boxes.

Then move into a Commonwealth stadium in 2027 after the required adaptations have been made.

We would then have a better capacity, more unobstructed seating, and a better corporate profile to move into the new stadium a decade down the line.

a logical approach - we would need to have the bid in the bag first though. Surely Edmonton can't get it again, they had it in 78.