IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

Birmingham reportedly favourites for Government funding.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-wins-government-backing-commonwealth-13584225.amp

Birmingham has taken a major leap forward in its bid to host the Commonwealth Games in 2022 after being named as the UK’s candidate city.

The city could now go forward to face potential rival cities from Australia, Canada and Malaysia in the race to stage the Games and bring thousands of global athletes and visitors to the city.

Commonwealth Federation judges picked Birmingham ahead of rival Liverpool, impressed by the range of sporting facilities and infrastructure in the city. The city will now work with Government to firm its proposals ahead of the international contest.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm refusing to get my hopes up, but when I read this, I giggled 

"I am striving for a design that feels like it "grew from the Docks" and can simultaneously look like it is from the future and yet has always been there."

the way he talks about it wanting intimate (which he says doesn't exist anymore) combined with our history and the docks, he makes it sound like this could be a sort of pinnacle of design for him, a statement piece.  that or he's great with words and salesmanship.  i hope it's the former.

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree Mark. Dan comes across like Bramley Moore will be his career defining project, that he will be remembered for more than any other. 

Also, his tweets and now this blog add nothing but pressure. They have set a very very high bar, and I'm excited to see if he can hit it. I feel giddy like a child when I read about it or when I even think about it. 

All I know is I need to make a pilgrimage to Goodison soon.

Not sure where to put this but listening to talksport this morning (for my sins) and Alan Brazil stated that there is some bad news to come out about Everton soon. Buts that all he would say. My biggest fear is this project won't go ahead based on previous history so I've posted it here. Also got me thinking that i hope we didn't assume Liverpool would get the commonwealth games and that would finance a large part. 

Before i I get a barrage of abuse I know it could be about almost anything or even be complete bollocks but i immediately thought about the new stadium. 

16 minutes ago, barryj said:

Not sure where to put this but listening to talksport this morning (for my sins) and Alan Brazil stated that there is some bad news to come out about Everton soon. Buts that all he would say. My biggest fear is this project won't go ahead based on previous history so I've posted it here. Also got me thinking that i hope we didn't assume Liverpool would get the commonwealth games and that would finance a large part. 

Before i I get a barrage of abuse I know it could be about almost anything or even be complete bollocks but i immediately thought about the new stadium. 

When he said soon- did he mean today soon or soon soon?

They were talking about Evertons poor performance last night, Koemans comments post match and at the end as a sort of side note / on top of - he said that he was aware that there was some bad news going to come out soon, and that he couldn't say more than that. Like a slip of the tongue but not. Strange. It caught my attention though. 

No idea what it relates to and at the moment it could be anything. I just put it in here as that would be my worst fear. Most other stuff can sort itself out. I've listened to TS on and off for years and most hosts speak rubbish but he's pretty honest and ITK. 

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He worked for the FT.

I was just coming on to post it might be this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/14/british-man-killed-crocodile-washing-hands-sri-lankan-lagoon/

A colleague of Mr McClean on the FT said: "We're all totally stunned. He was a great kid, an Everton fan, super bright. It's an absolute tragedy."