Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

For all his flaws and mistakes I think Bill kept us going through his passion for the club. Just saying. Oh and whatever the naysayers, Brands is here for the long haul.

I’d still rather the club be run with professionalism, know how and a little bit of cash than passion. Otherwise make Duncan the chairman. 

that’s tongue in cheek before anyone gets upset. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’d still rather the club be run with professionalism, know how and a little bit of cash than passion. Otherwise make Duncan the chairman

That's why he's going nowhere, waiting for the chair when Bill finally goes.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’d still rather the club be run with professionalism, know how and a little bit of cash than passion. Otherwise make Duncan the chairman. 

I quite like the sound of that 😉

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When tourists come to Liverpool I wonder how many of them even know or care it’s a UNESCO area? I suspect they don’t give a shit (if they even know) and it won’t stop them visiting and paying for the privilege. 

More people come to Liverpool for the Beatles and football I expect than because it’s a UNESCO site, I’ll probably get slaughtered for saying that from the culture vultures 😆

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

More people come to Liverpool for the Beatles and football I expect than because it’s a UNESCO site, I’ll probably get slaughtered for saying that from the culture vultures 😆

if i ever go it will be because of football.  to be honest, i don't even know what UNESCO is, i don't think we have it in America, so probably count all the americans tourists out of the UNESCO count as well.

Basically an organisation that feels good about itself. What don't they understand about sustainable development as in Bramley-Moore?

A fair few in USA - Statue of Liberty, Grand Canyon, Yosemite etc.

What is the main purpose of Unesco?
UNESCO's mission is to contribute to the building of a culture of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information.
Edited by Gwlad all over

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:
Basically an organisation that feels good about itself. What don't they understand about sustainable development as in Bramley-Moore?

A fair few in USA - Statue of Liberty, Grand Canyon, Yosemite etc.

What is the main purpose of Unesco?
UNESCO's mission is to contribute to the building of a culture of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information.

Are they funded by a global fund from say the United Nations or self funded, decided to check and they are pretty much funded by the UN and countries who can contribute more, so nations or countries fund them so they can have the pleasure of being fucked over by them at a later date. 

I would love to know if anyone from UNESCO took a walk on their own from the Liver Buildings up the dock road on a windy night in November and saw the culture and heritage, well clearly they haven’t as they would have shit themselves and seen how run down the area is currently. 
On BBC radio Merseyside they had a conversation this morning, virtually everyone who rang or sent in a message wasn’t arsed about the UNESCO listing, they wanted investment and development of the area. For those who don’t live locally have a look on Google earth.

15 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I would love to know if anyone from UNESCO took a walk on their own from the Liver Buildings up the dock road on a windy night in November and saw the culture and heritage, well clearly they haven’t as they would have shit themselves and seen how run down the area is currently. 
On BBC radio Merseyside they had a conversation this morning, virtually everyone who rang or sent in a message wasn’t arsed about the UNESCO listing, they wanted investment and development of the area. For those who don’t live locally have a look on Google earth.

isn't it near vauxhall? An area that is really in need of regeneration and like you say.... You may not want to walk around thinking "ah look at the heritage"