IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

50+ would be good for me.

A quality stadium is more much more important than cold numbers. People need to realise that seat numbers aren’t the main income for clubs thes days. Corporate facility’s, tv money, and branding are the income.

The key for the stadium is to carry on Evertons long tradition of firsts.

1 hour ago, Makis said:

So we build a stadium bigger than that other lot. They expand by rebuilding one of the stands. Then what?

How about instead focusing on what's the best for this club and not worry about that other lot? Matchday revenue is only a small part of a club's income these days. Especially Everton's as the club wants to keep the tickets affordable.

They've already got plans to extend to 60000.

I'm not worried about the capacity of their stadium, it's irrelevant. Lets just do us and let them do them.

42 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think 60k is realistic. 

We don’t know what our true possible attendance is. What we do know is that all non obstructed view seats sell out for every league game and have for years now. That’s 36k inc away supporters. I think if we could get 45k Evertonians buying season tickets of aimed the right way. Budget seating, Mid range seating and premium seating could offer different options. I’ve said for a few years now, a single tier, no frills (no boxes or premium leg space) home end, thats bloody huge, priced at the lowest end of the scale would be full and loud each week. 

A premium section in the middle of each of the three other stands with bigger seats, more leg room and maybe a wider range of refreshments could be priced much higher. 

The remaining seats to be mid range with the largest number of seats available, top and bottom tiers of the three stands. 

If 50k seats of these three types were available, we would get a huge majority sold as season tickets, the remaining tickets available for sale. 

Between away fans and corporate lounges and boxes you could find another 10,000 seats. Giving 6,000 away tickets (as a maximum for the clubs who bring that many) and 4,000 coprtorate seats isn’t that huge  

We have one chance to get it right, for the long term. If we don’t fill it each week then that needs to be on the head of the people running the club. 

If they manage the season ticket sales so any empty seats are the back rows, so no single unused seats amongst the masses, any unsold seats will be together. Give them to the local football clubs, army barracks, local businesses, just fill them. Wouldn’t be more than a few thousand tickets as a maximum. Empty seats don’t make money, but give them away and the recipient buys a pie and a pint, or a programme and a bag of crisps. 

Domestic cup games are always a problem, just include them in the season ticket. It’s no more than a few extra games anyway, just give them to the season ticket holders for free and have a full house. Instead of charging us £15-20 to watch a reserve team in a half empty stadium. 

If the people in the club had faith the fans would turn up, had belief in the marketing and commercial teams to get the stadium full, they would be looking at a big capacity. 

So far to me it sounds like they are scared to fail, so let’s build it small and tell everyone how we sell out each week. It’s a small time mentality from people who don’t have trust in their colleagues to deliver it. 

Sounds good to me!

A 60,000 seater would be great but we need to have a team that can fill it your 30,000 die hards will turn up no matter what.

There's nothing worse than seeing a stadium during a game with thousands of empty seats to me it feels soul destroying, and can destroy the atmosphere it's a tough one so maybe 50,000 would suffice considering that gate receipts don't really make much difference to the running costs of most if not all clubs in the PL.

That way we can still cater for more fans and don't run as much risk of having 25-30% of the stadium empty, with a poor atmosphere that the team find hard to get up for and doesn't unsettle the opposition.

23 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I simply don't understand why the immense business benefits of a new stadium aren't even mentioned. The city will reap a fortune in new tax revenues from all the new businesses that will undoubtedly serve the area.