IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/04/02/meis

Architect Dan Meis has conducted the first in a series of fan workshops with Evertonians.

Meis, the Founder and Managing Principal of MEIS, emphasised in the opening workshop his desire to create the “greatest home ground in English football” at Bramley-Moore Dock.

The workshop – held at St Luke’s Church on Goodison Road – was attended by more than 150 Evertonians. The first in a series of four workshops, all fans who completed the Club's survey on the 11 Key Principles for Bramley-Moore Dock were afforded an opportunity to complete an application to attend.

• Louis changed the title to Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...
1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fuck off. 

Hahaha. 

In all seriousness, couple brilliant bits from Goodison it would seem: 1) the commentary Gantry being right in the middle of the fans 2) the potential for 1878 seats coming directly from Goodison... Now all it needs is a super narrow and cramped tunnel to enter the pitch

The more I’m looking at these images the more impressed I am. 

Everything looks so spot on, I’m not that concerned about the outside of the stadium if that’s what the interior bowl is like. 

Almost getting choked up looking at them. It’s everything I want in a stadium. 

I don’t know if it’s just me, but it looks like an Everton Home (not just because it says it in big letters!) but it looks right. Does that even make sense?

9 hours ago, StevO said:

The more I’m looking at these images the more impressed I am. 

Everything looks so spot on, I’m not that concerned about the outside of the stadium if that’s what the interior bowl is like. 

Almost getting choked up looking at them. It’s everything I want in a stadium. 

I don’t know if it’s just me, but it looks like an Everton Home (not just because it says it in big letters!) but it looks right. Does that even make sense?

I'm holding off on getting excited until we see the proper designs.

I know what you mean Mark, but the stuff we’ve seen so far is the stuff I’m bothered about most. 

I hope the outside looks good, but I spend more time inside GP than I do outside. 

This has just taken away some of the concerns for me. 

58 minutes ago, StevO said:

I know what you mean Mark, but the stuff we’ve seen so far is the stuff I’m bothered about most. 

I hope the outside looks good, but I spend more time inside GP than I do outside. 

This has just taken away some of the concerns for me. 

I'm not talking about the outside really. Even these released plans are only to give people an idea of what it'll look like. Which is why it looks like something off a management game. So I'm waiting to get excited until I see the full shebang, where it's been polished and see what sort of quality we're actually getting.

Pics are nothing more than a first draft. No footprint available to see if it can actually fit etc. Just a design idea to gage feeling. 

Sorry, but this is not a drawing that’s on the table. 

If it is, then they need to fire the design team as it’s something I can draw up on an amereur drawing program.  I’ve just sent out a more detailed drawing for a 24 m2 extension. I’m guessing it’s just a quick mock up idea.

In terms of the picture quality, they will be direct from the design/build program they are using. They are, not are they intended to be, glossy promo shots. They are there to be a representation of the architecture. Don’t worry that they look poor quality so far lads. They look fine to me. 

2 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Each to their own I guess but if you’ve seen one modern ground you’ve seen them all. I hope it’s brick work outside I think it’ll look mint 

I agree; I was just reminiscing rather than passing judgement:D.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Each to their own I guess but if you’ve seen one modern ground you’ve seen them all. I hope it’s brick work outside I think it’ll look mint 

Like Mike  not keen on a brickyard stadium idea, but lets see what it looks like before I pass judgement .....  until then I reserve the right to take the piss out of the Toffee apple

I was wanting to get butterflies as I walked up to the new stadium, to be impressed. Instead I’ll just thinking I’m living in the Victorian age and I’m just on my way to the factory to work some fucking cotton. Needless to say, I’ll just be looking to get inside the stadium so that I know I am actually living in the 21st century. 

Actually, instead of only going with the ridiculous idea of sticking a few wooden seats in the middle of a modern stadium why don’t we go the whole hog and just reuse ALL of the materials from Goodison and just rebuild the whole thing at BM? I mean, people seem so terrified of change that it’d put them at ease.

God I hope it’s much better than I’m expecting.