IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was wanting to get butterflies as I walked up to the new stadium, to be impressed. Instead I’ll just thinking I’m living in the Victorian age and I’m just on my way to the factory to work some fucking cotton. Needless to say, I’ll just be looking to get inside the stadium so that I know I am actually living in the 21st century. 

Actually, instead of only going with the ridiculous idea of sticking a few wooden seats in the middle of a modern stadium why don’t we go the whole hog and just reuse ALL of the materials from Goodison and just rebuild the whole thing at BM? I mean, people seem so terrified of change that it’d put them at ease.

God I hope it’s much better than I’m expecting. 

I thought I felt depressed before.

you evil twat :shakingfist:

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Instead I’ll just thinking I’m living in the Victorian age and I’m just on my way to the factory to work some fucking cotton.

That would be awesome in my opinion; a place looking "Victorian" while you walk up to reveal ultra modern inside; that would surely fit with the location? Ultra modern (like the old Kings Dock design) would just be the same old same old; let's do something different.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was wanting to get butterflies as I walked up to the new stadium, to be impressed. Instead I’ll just thinking I’m living in the Victorian age and I’m just on my way to the factory to work some fucking cotton. Needless to say, I’ll just be looking to get inside the stadium so that I know I am actually living in the 21st century. 

Actually, instead of only going with the ridiculous idea of sticking a few wooden seats in the middle of a modern stadium why don’t we go the whole hog and just reuse ALL of the materials from Goodison and just rebuild the whole thing at BM? I mean, people seem so terrified of change that it’d put them at ease.

God I hope it’s much better than I’m expecting. 

Well, I guess we've all learned that you're a fan of contemporary architecture ;)

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

That would be awesome in my opinion; a place looking "Victorian" while you walk up to reveal ultra modern inside; that would surely fit with the location? Ultra modern (like the old Kings Dock design) would just be the same old same old; let's do something different.

Shit. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-everton-stadium-brick-house-13133057

to be honest, if it were to be a Victorian styled edifice it would be better made out of terracotta like the Natural History Museum in London, well the cladding at least,  my own personal favourite though would be the sandstone we have built many buildings from in other parts of the city.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

And symbolic. An old club that’s been transformed into something attractive and well suited to the modern game. 

• 3 weeks later...