IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

I actually don't attach too much blame to Moshiri, yes he picked Walsh and Koeman, but most people thought this was a good move.

Yes he was panicked into hiring Allardyce, but his first choice targets, Silva and Fonseca were unavailable and he did not want to risk going down. Yes I know it was not a real risk but I guess he felt he could not take the chance.

He has improved Goodison and has made real progress in making a new stadium a reality, and backed us in the Transfer market.

He should be be judged by what happens in the summer, and looking at bringing in a DOF is a good first step.

mostly agree  just the DoF thing I an=m not sure about.

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I not up to speed on what’s happened, who is John Burns and why has the Garston thread been suspended ?  

Thread has been locked because (as I said in it) we already have a stadium thread so we don't need a new one for something that's been invented; same as we don't allow a rumour thread if someone just wants a player, they need to source a link. Mr Burns is a single issue guy (Evertonian? Never posts on anything but stadium stuff) who has flooded the place a couple of times in the past and had official warnings for being abusive who re-registered under a "pseudonym" yesterday and carried on where he left off. He'll probably now disappear for a few years....hopefully.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Thread has been locked because (as I said in it) we already have a stadium thread so we don't need a new one for something that's been invented; same as we don't allow a rumour thread if someone just wants a player, they need to source a link. Mr Burns is a single issue guy (Evertonian? Never posts on anything but stadium stuff) who has flooded the place a couple of times in the past and had official warnings for being abusive who re-registered under a "pseudonym" yesterday and carried on where he left off. He'll probably now disappear for a few years....hopefully.

Maybe he finds it hard to multi task so just sticks to one subject😁

Well at least I'm up to speed, but none the wiser.

I know nothing about this John Burns fella but he did make one good point about the government potentially calling the project in. The whole Liverpool Water project is playing with fire trying to redevelop a UNESCO World Heritage site so extensively. Ultimately UNESCO has no power or say in what happens, but they have already hinted at pulling the heritage status if the scheme goes ahead. That will spark all sorts of protests citing rampant gentrification, destruction of heritage etc, and the government is bound to get twitchy because it will be pretty high profile. You could end up with years and years of wrangling and red tape while the whole development just stalls. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If by ‘World Heritage Site’ they mean run down derelict area then I would be more than happy for UNESCO to shove their status up their arse

The area at present is a dump waistland so I really can’t understand the benefit of keeping this status over having a vibrant new area that brings in millions of pounds of revenue and lots of jobs to the area 

Don't disagree, but it's all part of the Maritime City and there will be tons of politics surrounding how it gets used.