IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

John, I'll put it in simple terms for you, as you seem incapable of grasping what I said:

New stadium = good

Rail serving a new stadium = good

New stadium with infrastructure that allows fans to get in and out easily = great

New stadium without rail = not the end of the world, especially in a city that doesn't have a culture of public transportation

Guest John Burns

And obviously London and Liverpool are comparable in size.

This is the sort on inane nonsense you get on these footy forums. The comparison is Arsenal and Everton, he then thinks London v Liverpool is applicable. He does, yes he does. :rofl:

Good post. I stayed away in many 1980s games. I saw a Newcastle fan walking along off Walton Lane attacked with a Stanley knife. I never went to a game for two years after. I have also been at a 72,000 gate at Goodison Park.

That 72,000 must have been a derby game against Liverpool? I have been at a gate of over 78,000 at Goodison (which can't be beat because its the ground record! (1948/49). I think both Everton and Liverpool missed a trick in not agreeing to a shared ground. This could have been an 80,000 capacity ground which could also have hosted internationals and maybe cup-finals.

You have not got a clue.

I've not got a clue about how accessible Goodison Park is? I drive 40 miles every other week to go there and watch them play. I drive and park just off Queens drive, I walk for ten minutes to my seat in Gwladys Street. After the match i'll walk ten minutes back, I get in the car and drive away. I hit a bit of traffic on the East Lancs before I get to the motorway.

Do not tell me I don't have a clue.

You've just gone from boring to patronising, to insulting in the space of one page.

Guest John Burns

John, I'll put it in simple terms for you, as you seem incapable of grasping what I said:

New stadium = good

Rail serving a new stadium = good

New stadium with infrastructure that allows fans to get in and out easily = great

New stadium without rail = not the end of the world, especially in a city that doesn't have a culture of public transportation

What planet are you on? :rofl: You have to be earth to have a clue. I have written that Merseyrail, is the largest and most used urban metro rail network in the UK outside London. One third is is awaiting tracks. Have you heard of it? If you going to do something do it right.

Edited by John Burns

Guest John Burns

I've not got a clue about how accessible Goodison Park is? I drive 40 miles every other week to go there and watch them play. I drive and park just off Queens drive, I walk for ten minutes to my seat in Gwladys Street. After the match i'll walk ten minutes back, I get in the car and drive away. I hit a bit of traffic on the East Lancs before I get to the motorway.

Do not tell me I don't have a clue.

You can't see past the end of your nose. I go by car so what good are trains. duh! See the big picture? Nah! :rofl:

This is the sort on inane nonsense you get on these footy forums. The comparison is Arsenal and Everton, he then thinks London v Liverpool is applicable. He does, yes he does. :rofl:

And he thinks catchement area has no bearing so a club in village of 100 could build a 100,000 seatet stadium because these things don't matter.

Plus of course while the main competitor for fans for Arsenal is Spurs and lately Chelsea, we have dat other lot and the two Manchester clubs.

By the way, EFC won the FA Cup 20 years ago. Arsenal and Liverpool have proven that it is not about winning it is about competing at the top. Arsenal's and Liverpool's silver count was sparse but they were packed to the rafters. You don't get the business side at all.

Which is why I pointed out the we had won one trophy in thirty years (OK, so it's actually twenty-nine).

Are you always this patronising?

Guest John Burns

That 72,000 must have been a derby game against Liverpool? I have been at a gate of over 78,000 at Goodison (which can't be beat because its the ground record! (1948/49). I think both Everton and Liverpool missed a trick in not agreeing to a shared ground. This could have been an 80,000 capacity ground which could also have hosted internationals and maybe cup-finals.

I was in the crowd but hardly saw a thing. We were all packed in like sardines and the rake of the terraces a GP was shallow. I never saw one of the 4 goal scored. But I was only very small. I was an awful experience.

Guest John Burns

Which is why I pointed out the we had won one trophy in thirty years (OK, so it's actually twenty-nine).

Are you always this patronising?

Did you get this:

"Arsenal and Liverpool have proven that it is not about winning it is about competing at the top. Arsenal's and Liverpool's silver count was sparse but they were packed to the rafters. You don't get the business side at all."

Guest John Burns

And he thinks catchement area has no bearing so a club in village of 100 could build a 100,000 seatet stadium because these things don't matter.

That's even worse.

Guest John Burns

I see the big picture, but you say GP isn't accessible, I find no problem with accessibility at all.

You have NO idea whatsoever. You can only see the world from your own experiences. I doubt you believe Australasia exists because you haven't been to see. Everton are to build a new large stadium in another location.

What do you do for living?

Guest John Burns

well to be honest ill need to start saving now for a trip to Goodison before it's retired. Maybe I can do a week where we have 2 matches and catch both like a Cup match and league match. either way time to find the piggy bank to start stashing some extra cash.

Good idea. Worth the trip.

You have NO idea whatsoever. You can only see the world from your own experiences. I doubt you believe Australasia exists because you haven't been to see. Everton are to build a new large stadium in another location.

What do you do for living?

How can I possibly have no idea about the accessibility of Goodison Park? I access it without any problems. I've been to many grounds, home and away, and I've had many worse experiences accessing more modern stadiums around the world. Some by train, some by car.

So, maybe you mean Goodison park has poor accessibility by train, that would be true, but by car, Goodison is very accessible. This isn't me only seeing it through my own experiences, this is you seeing it only from your own point of view because its all you care about.

I'll ask this again, what can we do to help and what are you doing to make it happen?

Also, I have been to Austrilasia, I've been to many places. I've not been to South America or Russia, but most other continents I have.

I work in transport by the way.

Edited by StevO

Did you get this:

"Arsenal and Liverpool have proven that it is not about winning it is about competing at the top. Arsenal's and Liverpool's silver count was sparse but they were packed to the rafters. You don't get the business side at all."

How many trophies have those two won since we last won one?

Did you get this:

Yes but I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the other part of the post. You don't get the reading side at all...oh never mind. You carry on, I'm taking the next train out of here.

article-0-07C74B5F000005DC-78_468x304.jp

Seriously, if someone wants to come on and discuss Everton and all that good stuff then great.

I can't be doing with sanctimonious arse holes who somehow have football fans as being thick. The "what do you do for a living" question pissed me off.

Sorry John, you are coming across as a lecturer who knows plenty about a topic but you aren't positioning what it is that you are about or do. For that reason these discussions just derail.... see what I did there.

Time to get the discussion back on track, oops.

Guest John Burns

How can I possibly have no idea about the accessibility of Goodison Park?

The points are:

• A new stadium
  • In a new location
  • The transport access.

It not difficult. You are not from Liverpool. Work in transport? A bus driver?

Guest John Burns

Seriously, if someone wants to come on and discuss Everton and all that good stuff then great.

I can't be doing with sanctimonious arse holes who somehow have football fans as being thick. The "what do you do for a living" question pissed me off.

Sorry John, you are coming across as a lecturer who knows plenty about a topic but you aren't positioning what it is that you are about or do. For that reason these discussions just derail.... see what I did there.

Time to get the discussion back on track, oops.

Some of these guys are just pure idiots. Look the posts and the silly pictures. :rofl: They haven't clue with poor comprehension and constantly insult. I know plenty about the topic OK, as you noted. As I said I don't come on these forums much because they are populated by too many idiots. Don't take my word for it, look at the posts. Childish inane drivel in many of them. They odd one stands out as being decent and to the point.

Guest John Burns

Actually, John's got a point, we ARE missing the bigger picture.

Trains are a thing of the past, old hat, we should be looking to the future...behold:

Airport_zpsgxs9eq8i.png

"Accurate artist's impression"

It will just work. Anyone who doesn't see it, is blind.

My God! Look at at picture. Wow. Look at all those slums around that wooden ground. They missed the 1950s clearances for sure.