Stadium - All ifs, buts and maybes...

Just had a bit of a read up on this Project Big Picture - It does all sound like wolf in sheep's clothing.  I love the fact that they want to be able to vote if other clubs can be bought out by a wealthy owner.  Proper taking the piss that is.

Chelsea and then Man City bought themselves a place in the 'Top 6', and I am not sure Spurs can consider themselves as a nailed down top 6 team, they have had a few good years and have been very fortunate with the first incarnation of Garth Bale and then Harry Kane being goal machines for them (Could DCL be our very own Harry Kane!!). Top 6 is only a snapshot at anyone period of time, this would definitely be a move for those there at this moment in time to try and lock this in more permanently.  

Most clubs are never going to vote for this!!! 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best scenario in my opinion. I’d rather a full 52k than a 3rd full stadium. 

I aspire to Everton.  

I went to pick my boy up from a scouts weekend last week in ormskirk. I used to to work in Southport twenty years ago so went a similar route. I forgot what a run down shit hole the whole place is alo

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Just had a bit of a read up on this Project Big Picture - It does all sound like wolf in sheep's clothing.  I love the fact that they want to be able to vote if other clubs can be bought out by a wealthy owner.  Proper taking the piss that is.

Chelsea and then Man City bought themselves a place in the 'Top 6', and I am not sure Spurs can consider themselves as a nailed down top 6 team, they have had a few good years and have been very fortunate with the first incarnation of Garth Bale and then Harry Kane being goal machines for them (Could DCL be our very own Harry Kane!!). Top 6 is only a snapshot at anyone period of time, this would definitely be a move for those there at this moment in time to try and lock this in more permanently.  

Most clubs are never going to vote for this!!! 

Someone educate me, do all EFL clubs get a vote?  If they do I could see league one and two sides saying we’ll never be in the premier we need the money and vote yes.  That’s the worry.  If it’s just premier league teams I don’t think this passes.  

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Someone educate me, do all EFL clubs get a vote?  If they do I could see league one and two sides saying we’ll never be in the premier we need the money and vote yes.  That’s the worry.  If it’s just premier league teams I don’t think this passes.  

I think it just Premier league clubs  - guessing top 6 would vote 'yes' possible Everton, Southampton and West Ham as the other - but not sure.  I am not sure on how 'yo-yo' clubs would vote, if they think it's 50-50 between being in Prem or EFL.

I am guessing the big clubs getting a say on who buys into other clubs might sway a lot of votes to a 'No'

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I am guessing the big clubs getting a say on who buys into other clubs might sway a lot of votes to a 'No'

that part is ridiculous.  just call it what it is, the old boys club

just listened to an english journalist on espn, he had an interesting point.  he said he believes it might be an outlandish proposal to try and get the government to do something.  by making such a heinous proposal the government will be forced to get involved whereas they currently aren't.  not sure if i believe that but i'm always open to hearing others opinions.

I understand the reasoning, but I want the government to run the country, we have the FA, the premier league and the football league to run football. Other than keeping fans out of the stadiums, why else would the government need to be involved in the sport? Unless these three groups of executives can’t find their arses with both hands. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I understand the reasoning, but I want the government to run the country, we have the FA, the premier league and the football league to run football. Other than keeping fans out of the stadiums, why else would the government need to be involved in the sport? Unless these three groups of executives can’t find their arses with both hands. 

The only involvement the Government should have is to let fans back into stadiums. That would put a nail in the coffin of this proposal straight away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just took the survey and I’m very impressed with the ideas displayed. 

Love the idea of having bars and restaurants inside the stadium, it’s a shame they look like they will just be for premium seating though. If they put a couple of real pubs inside the south stand and opened a couple of hours before kick off they could pick up some of the money that currently gets spent on County Road. They could stay open a couple of hours after the match too, it would filter the traffic a bit around the ground and scoop up more money. 
I like that you might be able to upgrade to hospitality on a match by match basis too, would be good if they kept one of the lounges without members and was used only for season ticket upgrades, I think it would be full every week and have a waiting list.

Great that you can personalise your box if you get one too, great idea that!

I like that parking is being considered on a seasonal basis. 

They are really getting into the detail, and that is massively important to me. 

• 3 weeks later...