IGNORED

Blue Bill's shiny new stadium at the docks...

Lowensda

On 22/09/2017 at 10:09, Dave Hickson said:

Rather than fill in the hole left by the dock I would like to see a massive underground car park (like Monaco) so that you could park under the corner flag with plenty of exits for cars, buses and coaches.

What about turning the old lady into a car park and bussing everyone to Bramley Moore?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since we moved to Atlanta about 26 years ago, the city replaced the baseball stadium with a new stadium and then replaced that stadium with a new one. Similarly, they replaced the football stadium with a new one (the Georgia Dome) and just replaced that one with a new one (Mercedes-Benz stadium). They demolished the Georgia Dome earlier today. Remember - this stadium was built only 25 years ago.

In each case, the city and/or county contributed hundreds of millions of dollars because of the additional business and tax revenue new stadiums bring. I really don't understand why the city of Liverpool isn't rushing to pay for Everton's new stadium. Financially, it's an obvious decision to make.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/sport/georgia-dome-imploded/index.html

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Yeah, the Conservatives have not done well in paying off the massive debts they inherited from the last Labour Government.

It’s older than my lifetime, John. Steal from the poor to give to the rich. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

***POLITICS FREE ZONE***

Fair enough. 

41 minutes ago, Makis said:

I'm not even sure if EU laws allow throwing city money at a project like that.

Hang on...

cue the tory ad campaign "another positive of Brexit, tax payers now can be on the hook for millions for millionaire owners to build free stadiums at no cost to them!  Brexit, it's a win for everyone!"

i like the european model where if you own the team, you pay for it, you build it.  in america its become a laughing stock.  cincinnati built a stadium that had so many clauses they're losing money on it while the tax payers are still stuck with paying for it.