IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

that's why i don't want massive changes.  because it will be mercenaries who's agents know moshiri is a sugar daddy willing to pay over the odds.  i'd rather we be shrewd sign a couple starters and the rest youngsters and diamonds in the rough.  build from the academy, get them playing with heart and passion (not for the pay) and build that way.

spurs has done it with poch, he buys 1 or 2 a year big players and the rest is academy kids he brings up.  

4 hours ago, Btay said:

No way Spurs would let him go, any interview any spurs player is him they cannot praise him enough. Signing him would be a Barry-esq signing. Huge player 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-ready-sell-mousa-dembele-12374926

Would take a massive offer, but for the price of a Schneiderlin and a Klaassen combined we could be talking. We need a statement of intent, a proper footballer. 

50 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

that's why i don't want massive changes.  because it will be mercenaries who's agents know moshiri is a sugar daddy willing to pay over the odds.  i'd rather we be shrewd sign a couple starters and the rest youngsters and diamonds in the rough.  build from the academy, get them playing with heart and passion (not for the pay) and build that way.

spurs has done it with poch, he buys 1 or 2 a year big players and the rest is academy kids he brings up.  

Here, here. Pisses me off that fans repeatedly write off our youngsters when they've barely kicked a ball for us, saying they are unproven until they have spent 5 years on loan in the Championship, when I see other clubs in much stronger positions than we are currently doing much better with their youth resources than us. 

We have FIVE U20 World Cup winners ffs, only two of whom have had any kind of run for us this season. Yet Harry fucking Winks is a full international!! Is he naturally any better than Dowell, Lookman, Kenny, DCL, Davies? No chance, he just has a very good manager who is prepared to let him prove himself in a very good team. We have fucking Allardyce who tells Lookman he'd better go and get his knees dirty at Derby while he let's Bolasie prove he's shit week in week out. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-must-learn-last-years-14542486

Reducing the numbers shouldn’t be a problem

Robles
Stek
Coco
Williams
Mangala
Browning
Galloway
Keane
Schniederlin
Klaassen
Mori
Pennington
Mirallas
Garbutt
McCarthy
Sandro
Bolasie
Niasse
Besic

Could all go without being missed

Its easier to work out who you would want to keep...

Pickford, Jags, Baines, Coleman, Davies, Walcott, Siggy, Tosun, Vlasic and that's where I get stuck!

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Don't expect Jags to play any part next season, I think he's 36 now isn'ttt he.??

Given how in and out he was earlier in the season I wasn' expecting him to either but he looks as though he can play once a week. We certainly don't want to rely on him though!

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

At that age he should be nowhere near our first team, so it’s a measure of how shite we are that he is still our best defender

Roger Federer is 36, if I needed a tennis player to save my life he'd be the one I'd choose; age is a number, no indication of ability (unless you get to mine:().

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

what makes you say that?

Because our defence was a mess, then Baines, Jags and Seamus play together for the first time in a year and we looked like we could defend again. 

Jags and Baines might be past their best, but they are still quality players. They are still our best centre back and left back, by a country mile!

while they are still useful they will still get contracts. 

Nani would be a good option for the left wing.

He is 31 and not famous for his discipline or teamwork but still can be a good loan option by considering his talents and Valencia doesn't look like will let him play next season either. Not sure if Valencia will be up to loan him again or will be looking get rid of him whatever price but a 1-year loan option unless there is another good candidate for the left wing can be a perfect fit.

He is still in a good shape, his technique is not much questionable, has some finishing abilities and can cross the ball, can be a threat with Walcott on the wings. More important, better than Bolasie or than any other options in the squad so far.

Get Lookman around the team or Bolasie as a sub just in case Nani underperforms. Financially it won't hurt the team as it will be a loan deal and team can focus and spend the cash on other urgent spots in the squad.

In general, I think it can be a good option loaning (i don't know what's the limit for EPL) some experienced and still fit players for some spots, saves 1 year, other spots can be properly filled and then next year those spots with loaned players can be filled with good transfers.

With Wenger going, Sky have been playing highlight reels of his sides through the years and I had forgotten how big, powerful and competitive they were. 

Their demise has more or less coincided with how soft they have become. Players that aren' interested in the fight or can deal with opposition players who want it as much as them. 

When you go through the sides that have won the league, probably with the exception of City, they have all had a core of big, strong (or quick) players with other creative talents dotted around. 

Of our current squad I can only say that Tosun, Siggy and McCarthy fall into that category. I think Walcott and Coleman are close enough too, but that' about it. Bolasie could be but he is just terrible. DCL is a physical player but needs to develop his skill levels. 

The back 4 are especially weak. Jags has never been the most physical, Keane looks like a unit but he is soft and Williams has gone a bit soft between the ears. Mori is a maybe but I couldn't tell you if he was still good enough. 

We without doubt need some quality physical players. We should be looking at the Dembele's and Van Diyk's (before they got big) and players that put their foot in and be comfortable on the ball. 

I think if sam stays we will clear a few out and keep the nucleus of the first team but probably try and get a few freebies in and spend big on quality. If we’re playing the same formation. In an ideal world I’d get rid of Robles, stek, Cuco, Mori, Williams, Rooney, niasse, Bolasie. Garbutt, Galloway and browning look doomed aswell. First team centre half and left back are musts. Jonny Evans is a cheap option would rather him than someone like smalling or Jones. There are loads of good left backs about I would be happy with chilwell or Shaw.