IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

the closer we get i think the rumor/worry of the summer will be does Gana stay or leave.  Lots of outgoings hopefully, some small incomings but gana is a massive player for us, it could make or break silva's next campaign.

Be the difference between us challenging the top 6 or not. 

Can’t see us getting Neres but I think we will definitely in for him then there’s the lad at Lille. Hopefully a Bournemouth will take Walcott. If jags wants to play more games than he does for us clubs will be lining up for him. Be interesting to see who we have lined up at centre back if Zouma doesn’t stay. 

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

Be the difference between us challenging the top 6 or not. 

I disagree. Even if he leaves, it’s about who and how we replace him.

With the right signing, we could improve the team further. It’s up to Brands to step in and make it work.

Pickford

wan Bissaka/aarons Keane  Zouma  Digne 

Gomes  gana/rice 

charly                Bernard.          Neres

Henry/ DCL 

sold/ released: Pennington, Galloway, Baines, Morgan, besic, garbutt, Walcott, Sandro, tosun, niasse, Mirallas 

13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

What would be everyone’s ideal starting eleven for next season realistically speaking? No messi’s or Ronnies please 

If we keep playing like we are I'd be quite happy to see our current first choice line-up starting. Repeating what's been said many times; clear out the dead wood, we all pretty much agree on who they are so no need to name them. We'd need to get Gomes signed obviously and hopefully (but not quite so importantly) Zouma as well, then get some quality for the bench including a proven striker. We don't need major surgery on the basis of recent performances, just a few keyhole procedures.

42 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’d love us to be in for Declan rice or the lad at Lyon is it?

Personally I don't get the current Declan Rice hype, I think it's media led; admittedly I don't watch a lot of West Ham but he was nowhere to be seen when we won there the other week. Don't know who you're referring to at Lyon but I see even less of them so I'd have no idea. Gana is proven premier league class in the opinion of (almost) everyone so it's not broke so don't try to fix it. PSG may come back and others might sniff as well but he's under contract so I'd either say he's not for sale or put a daft number on him.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I disagree. Even if he leaves, it’s about who and how we replace him.

With the right signing, we could improve the team further. It’s up to Brands to step in and make it work.

Mate I think he was being sarcastic but I could be wrong he may have sub stained a  hefty blow to the head 🤷‍♂️

41 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If we keep playing like we are I'd be quite happy to see our current first choice line-up starting. Repeating what's been said many times; clear out the dead wood, we all pretty much agree on who they are so no need to name them. We'd need to get Gomes signed obviously and hopefully (but not quite so importantly) Zouma as well, then get some quality for the bench including a proven striker. We don't need major surgery on the basis of recent performances, just a few keyhole procedures.

this for me, gomes bought and bring Henry back and Vlasic if they want him, and just focus on getting rid.  i like the lineup and think players like DCL Bernard Richarlison will only get better this offseason.

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Personally I don't get the current Declan Rice hype, I think it's media led; admittedly I don't watch a lot of West Ham but he was nowhere to be seen when we won there the other week. Don't know who you're referring to at Lyon but I see even less of them so I'd have no idea. Gana is proven premier league class in the opinion of (almost) everyone so it's not broke so don't try to fix it. PSG may come back and others might sniff as well but he's under contract so I'd either say he's not for sale or put a daft number on him.

Rice was effectively Gana'd against us with his teammate running round like a mad man leaving him twice the job. Looked similar to the Schneiderlin nightmare games for us. 

Gana has proven to be a class below what we already had. We've stepped backwards from the Barry McCarthy partnership, just a cameo from McCarthy last season showed us how big the gap is. Positioning, bite, and passing. Gana leaving would be the best thing for the club, easily replaced with someone like Mooy at Huddersfield. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Rice was effectively Gana'd against us with his teammate running round like a mad man leaving him twice the job. Looked similar to the Schneiderlin nightmare games for us. 

Gana has proven to be a class below what we already had. We've stepped backwards from the Barry McCarthy partnership, just a cameo from McCarthy last season showed us how big the gap is. Positioning, bite, and passing. Gana leaving would be the best thing for the club, easily replaced with someone like Mooy at Huddersfield. 

I think Mooy would be a good signing whether he’s what we want to replace Gana not sure, but he has good ability and a good engine I could see him stepping in to replace Gylfi or Gomes when required. 

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

after reading about brands main man steinar i'm expecting some League 1 players to be bought up.  it worked with lookman and DCL, just skip the championship altogether, better price for League 1 players.

Maybe to develop for the future or sell on but not to step into the team now, we need a couple of players to step into the team now to keep the progression and momentum, you cannot stand still you have to keep improving the team with a couple of new signings each season, buying 6 or 7 average players each season like we’ve done in the past is counter productive. 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Maybe to develop for the future or sell on but not to step into the team now, we need a couple of players to step into the team now to keep the progression and momentum, you cannot stand still you have to keep improving the team with a couple of new signings each season, buying 6 or 7 average players each season like we’ve done in the past is counter productive. 

that's exactly what i meant.

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think Mooy would be a good signing whether he’s what we want to replace Gana not sure, but he has good ability and a good engine I could see him stepping in to replace Gylfi or Gomes when required. 

For me he's a box to box which is essentially what Gana is, just that Gana does it backwards. When he have the ball he runs back, and when we don't he runs forward. He'd replace Gana's energy but add more conviction in his tackling as he's got more bite to him. 

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For me he's a box to box which is essentially what Gana is, just that Gana does it backwards. When he have the ball he runs back, and when we don't he runs forward. He'd replace Gana's energy but add more conviction in his tackling as he's got more bite to him. 

Well if things develop as the press think we will need someone to replace him, do be honest I’ve never really noticed Mooy as a ball winner I have admired his possession of the ball rarely gives it away, also his football ability and like you said never stops running also he’s got an eye for a goal with an accurate shot. 

I know a lot on here thought Gana was top class against Arsenal I thought like most of the press he was average, he did some good things but out weighed them with some poor things, so Mooy why not I don’t think he would be any worse and when he shoots it doesn’t go out for throw in😀

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I'm out.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well if things develop as the press think we will need someone to replace him, do be honest I’ve never really noticed Mooy as a ball winner I have admired his possession of the ball rarely gives it away, also his football ability and like you said never stops running also he’s got an eye for a goal with an accurate shot. 

I know a lot on here thought Gana was top class against Arsenal I thought like most of the press he was average, he did some good things but out weighed them with some poor things, so Mooy why not I don’t think he would be any worse and when he shoots it doesn’t go out for throw in😀

Be the same ones that didn't notice Arsenal were missing Xhaka and Torreira in midfield, instead having the notoriously limp Ozil and nothing player in Elneny who showed exactly why he doesn't get a game. As soon as he went off and Ramsey on our midfield didn't look as comfortable. Ramsey found space far too easy with Gana not keeping an eye on him. At one point Richarlison noticed the danger and sprinted into the deep central midfield to pip the ball off him with Gana and Gomes oblivious. 

Add to that much like the West Ham game Arsenal only played one player on our right to the benefit of Coleman and Richarlison. Plus they were missing half their defence in Bellerin and Koscielny, the latter meaning the big Greek joke gets a game and I've no idea why their manager picks Lacazette over Aubameyang other than it's easier to spell on the teamsheet. But hey ho we won so we can't look at how poor the opposition was, we were obviously just that great. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Be the same ones that didn't notice Arsenal were missing Xhaka and Torreira in midfield, instead having the notoriously limp Ozil and nothing player in Elneny who showed exactly why he doesn't get a game. As soon as he went off and Ramsey on our midfield didn't look as comfortable. Ramsey found space far too easy with Gana not keeping an eye on him. At one point Richarlison noticed the danger and sprinted into the deep central midfield to pip the ball off him with Gana and Gomes oblivious. 

Add to that much like the West Ham game Arsenal only played one player on our right to the benefit of Coleman and Richarlison. Plus they were missing half their defence in Bellerin and Koscielny, the latter meaning the big Greek joke gets a game and I've no idea why their manager picks Lacazette over Aubameyang other than it's easier to spell on the teamsheet. But hey ho we won so we can't look at how poor the opposition was, we were obviously just that great. 

Nail on head.