IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

For me Keane, Gana and Sigurdssen don't work. Compare them to the players before them and I'd swap them in a heartbeat. Stones/Heitinga, McCarthy/Fellaini/Arteta, and Barkley/Cahill. 

The main issue with the trio is they are all reactors, the first two slowing the football down and Sigurdssen struggling to get into space to recieve the ball. They lack the smarts of the players before them and don't seem to be as bothered by defeat. 

😂😂😂

You’ve never watched a game of football in your life have you?! 

19 hours ago, Makis said:

Henry as in Onyekuru? So you want to replace DCL with him? Even assuming he could get a work permit why? WHY???? How many games have you seen him play? How good is high link-up play? Can he hold the ball? Is he a good finisher? How about headers, does he win a lot of them? He's scored 12 in a shit league where Tosun managed 20 in his last full season.

I was using him as an example. I’m not saying he is the complete answer but there is definitely a player there. PSG and Bayern wouldn’t be scouting him otherwise and he is OUR player so there would be no cost. I’m not interested in how many headers he would win. James Beattie won a lot of headers but he was absolute wank. I want a striker that is mobile and can create chances for himself 

17 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Finn, you reckon £15mil for McCarthy? Reckon we'd be lucky to get 10.

Maybe pal, I just think he is a decent age and lots of prem experience. You can’t buy a decent championship player these days for less than ten so just think a few clubs will be lining up for him

2 hours ago, StevO said:

😂😂😂

You’ve never watched a game of football in your life have you?! 

The problem is I have. I've watched us with great midfielders in Barry and McCarthy, Fellaini and Arteta, plus Cahill further forward. We used to battle our way through games yet now we just get walked through the middle. Midfielders are the most important players you have. We were consistently 7th as we had players in the middle who could challenge to be in the teams above them. We went 10 years under Moyes without decent wingers or a striker but we still managed to play so thanks to the centre mids. Since Koeman/Walsh/Gana come we've had a soft belly and been too easy to beat. We've even been described as a nothing team. 

Do you think these players fight for the shirt? Do you think they'd have got a look in under Moyes? Would you not swap them for the players I've named? 

Heitenga was a weird one. Gets for a couple of seasons then went right off. I get what u mean Pete moyes work ethic and scouting was top notch. I think the game has moved on again though and he wouldn’t be able to manage in that way anymore. I think Gomes has a nasty side to his game as evidenced by his ban. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

The problem is I have. I've watched us with great midfielders in Barry and McCarthy, Fellaini and Arteta, plus Cahill further forward. We used to battle our way through games yet now we just get walked through the middle. Midfielders are the most important players you have. We were consistently 7th as we had players in the middle who could challenge to be in the teams above them. We went 10 years under Moyes without decent wingers or a striker but we still managed to play so thanks to the centre mids. Since Koeman/Walsh/Gana come we've had a soft belly and been too easy to beat. We've even been described as a nothing team. 

Do you think these players fight for the shirt? Do you think they'd have got a look in under Moyes? Would you not swap them for the players I've named? 

After the last few weeks I have no doubts over these players at all. Question if they fight? Yeah, they do!

You say we get walked though the middle, yet Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool all didn’t manage it. 

Hopefully the manager has more faith in them than you do. 

The players you named, as good as they were, won absolutely nothing at Everton. Not a thing. The players who are here now might, we don’t know yet, but the ones who have gone will never and have never lifted a trophy in an Everton shirt. 

You either don’t have a clue or you a blinded by your dislike for these players. Or maybe you just like the reaction, you like to say players who are rated highly are shit to get the argument going, I don’t see anything else that it could be. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

After the last few weeks I have no doubts over these players at all. Question if they fight? Yeah, they do!

You say we get walked though the middle, yet Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool all didn’t manage it. 

The players you named, as good as they were, won absolutely nothing at Everton. Not a thing. The players who are here now might, we don’t know yet, but the ones who have gone will never and have never lifted a trophy in an Everton shirt. 

You either don’t have a clue or you a blinded by your dislike for these players. Or maybe you just like the reaction, you like to say players who are rated highly are shit to get the argument going, I don’t see anything else that it could be. 

I definitely question the players attitude to the games against the lesser clubs, against the big clubs they show the desire and will to win that we don’t see against the smaller teams, to progress you have to be up mentally for the games against Fulham as much as the games against Utd, if that isn’t addressed then there won’t be any trophies coming here you have to win the bread and butter games. 

We get so elated when we win against the teams you mentioned because we can see that we have a chance of breaking back into the top end of the league, then we fuck up against the poorer teams and sort of except it, I for one think the players and management deserve severe criticism when that happens in the hope it changes their mind set to these games.  

Not think we perform better because the better teams attack us and we hit them on the counter, and the lesser teams sit back and let us have the ball and that’s where we struggle? The Fulham game is an anomaly, they’ve somehow lost the pressure they were under and go and win two on the spin. I agree we need to be doing better in these games, but replacing Keane, Gylfi and Gana is not the way to do that. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Not think we perform better because the better teams attack us and we hit them on the counter, and the lesser teams sit back and let us have the ball and that’s where we struggle? The Fulham game is an anomaly, they’ve somehow lost the pressure they were under and go and win two on the spin. I agree we need to be doing better in these games, but replacing Keane, Gylfi and Gana is not the way to do that. 

I agree it’s not the players so much that need replacing it’s there attitude at times, and if what you are saying about teams that sit back and hit us on the counter is correct then different players and tactics must be adopted for them games. 

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree it’s not the players so much that need replacing it’s there attitude at times, and if what you are saying about teams that sit back and hit us on the counter is correct then different players and tactics must be adopted for them games. 

I agree with different tactics, not so much different players. We’ve got a lot of creative players in our team, but even under Koeman and Roberto we had the same problem. When a team put ten men behind the ball it’s a nightmare to break them down, that’s the difference between being a good team and a great team. It’s also where we need a striker who will pick up the decisive goal. As much as we know about his attitude, Lukaku would get goals against the lesser teams which made the difference. 

There will be additions in the summer, it just won’t be to replace any of them three unless we are forced to. 

14 hours ago, StevO said:

I don't dislike Sigurdssen I just don't think he fits in the system. He's the type you need to build the team around to get the best out of him. Yet we focus more on the wings so would be better off with a workhorse. 

Gana is a massive down grade on the players we had before him. Yesterday was probably his best game for us but as always there was still negatives. 

I don't understand why we bought Keane. He's a 7ft pansy and no better than Holgate. 

No idea why you're talking about trophies. This side got smashed by League One Millwall because we are weak. We're never gonna win a cup with Keane and Gana. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

this is it.  even City have the occaisional game where they can't break a team down and lose to a lower side and they have a team full of worldies.  we just need an overall net positive record against the lower sides if we can go toe to toe with the big boys to compete.

We’re in for Neves? 

This, I would be happy with. I am a fan of Lookman and would love him to stay, but this would soften the blow. Not that he is a replacement for him, but I see your point of raising the cash. 

Ahh just read again, Neres. Ok, not sure who he is haha.

On 22/04/2019 at 20:42, pete0 said:

I don't dislike Sigurdssen I just don't think he fits in the system. He's the type you need to build the team around to get the best out of him. Yet we focus more on the wings so would be better off with a workhorse. 

Gana is a massive down grade on the players we had before him. Yesterday was probably his best game for us but as always there was still negatives. 

I don't understand why we bought Keane. He's a 7ft pansy and no better than Holgate. 

No idea why you're talking about trophies. This side got smashed by League One Millwall because we are weak. We're never gonna win a cup with Keane and Gana. 

I agree with your thoughts on Sigurdsson he has done well enough but I think a different type of player in our current team/system would offer more. Familiar story for Sigurdsson.

24 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Sit on our bench or play for the last year or so of their careers?

Understand your point for them personally but as a Blue I'd be more then happy to have them as solid back up if injuries to Digne/Keane happened, both have stepped up when needed this season and done us proud. And they both bleed blue.

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Understand your point for them personally but as a Blue I'd be more then happy to have them as solid back up if injuries to Digne/Keane happened, both have stepped up when needed this season and done us proud. And they both bleed blue.

This for me as well.  Not to mention they are being paid handsomely and they don’t need to uproot their families.  Win win for all parties hopefully

14 hours ago, StevO said:

There is no benefit to the club by losing Baines or Jags. There is plenty to lose for the club by letting them both go. 

They would still get something like 4-5 million in wages combined. That's plenty of reason if the management deems them not good enough.

5 minutes ago, Makis said:

They would still get something like 4-5 million in wages combined. That's plenty of reason if the management deems them not good enough.

You don’t think we would then have to spend that money on replacing them? 

If the management deem them not good enough that’s enough reason alone. Gladly it seems that’s not the case. 

The team has had a tough enough time over the last few years, we need the senior pros for stability and experience to help the younger more talented players. Help keep the standard up on a daily basis. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

You don’t think we would then have to spend that money on replacing them? 

If the management deem them not good enough that’s enough reason alone. Gladly it seems that’s not the case. 

The team has had a tough enough time over the last few years, we need the senior pros for stability and experience to help the younger more talented players. Help keep the standard up on a daily basis. 

Yes, at least Baines but that would mean someone younger with a resale value.