IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

let's talk dead wood

Tough sells

Bolasie - we need to pray he's willing to accept a lower wage, it all hinges on that

Mirallas - i don't know of many that would want him, 31 going on 32, higher wages and not been great at Olympiacos or Fiorentina, back to belgium?

Sandro - high wages low end product but he's still young, pray he accepts a lower wage and wants to be sold back to spain

Niasse - i'm not sure who would want this guy in the prem, and not sure if he wants lower wages to play more

Martina - Hopefully he wants to retire or accept a lower wage and play in Holland

Tarashaj - I'm not sure if anyone is even remotely interested in the guy

Easy sells

Galloway - Championship or League 1 someone will buy him

Tosun - Still young enough he can be sold to the continent or a lower prem side

Besic - hope his agent gets it sorted this time and isn'ttt greedy, off to boro he goes

Dowell - Championship or League 1 someone will buy him

Vlasic - If he's not wanted here it shouldn't be a problem getting back what we paid or more, he's done well in Russia

Pennington - Championship or League 1 someone will buy him

Garbutt - 4 goals and 4 assists in League One, sell him to someone there

Contract Up - Jagielka, Martina, Baines, Williams

47 minutes ago, Makis said:

But who was the DoF in 2017?

I get that he was, but I’m also sure he won’t have made that decision all on his own. We can’t blame him for everything we didn’t like during his time, he didn’t have ultimate control. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I get that he was, but I’m also sure he won’t have made that decision all on his own. We can’t blame him for everything we didn’t like during his time, he didn’t have ultimate control. 

He was the guy ultimately responsible for squad building. That's what he was paid for. If he let someone else interfere and did or could not do anything it's still his fault.

13 minutes ago, Makis said:

He was the guy ultimately responsible for squad building. That's what he was paid for. If he let someone else interfere and did or could not do anything it's still his fault.

Do Koeman, Elstone, Kenwright and Moshiri get no blame while Walsh was at the club?

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Do Koeman, Elstone, Kenwright and Moshiri get no blame while Walsh was at the club?

In short: yes and no. If you are the manufacturing boss of a company and there's a disaster in manufacturing you are ultimately responsible. If it was CEO's fault and you did nothing, you are still at fault for allowing it or not walking away.

If Walsh wasn't responsible what the eff was he doing at the club? What was he paid a surely handsome wage for?

Just now, Makis said:

In short: no. If you are the manufacturing boss of a company and there's a disaster in manufacturing you are ultimately responsible. If it was CEO's fault and you did nothing, you are still at fault for allowing it or not walking away.

If Walsh wasn't responsible what the eff was he doing at the club? What was he paid a surely handsome wage for?

We know that Walsh, Koeman, Bill and Moshiri all had a go at buying players. I think they all need to carry the can for the errors made. 

i don't understand the blame for farhad suntan and bill.  are they scouting these players?  are they watching video on them?  are they going to matches of theirs?  No.  They simply rubber stamp an approval by the persons (koeman walsh) who's job it is to do those things.  They have final say but the people before them are the ones HIRED to give those opinions, the only reasons they would say no is due to financial reasons (too high wages, too high fee, we are broke) all of which have nothing to do with said players.

Walsh and Koeman wanted said players, the blame lies with them.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

i don't understand the blame for farhad suntan and bill.  are they scouting these players?  are they watching video on them?  are they going to matches of theirs?  No.  They simply rubber stamp an approval by the persons (koeman walsh) who's job it is to do those things.  They have final say but the people before them are the ones HIRED to give those opinions, the only reasons they would say no is due to financial reasons (too high wages, too high fee, we are broke) all of which have nothing to do with said players.

Bill got Rooney, Koeman got Klassen, Moshiri got Gylfi, apparently. I think for a time they were all involved in each other’s business. I don’t think there were clear boundaries or responsibilities until we started to restructure. Might be wrong though, just don’t think we can throw all the blame at any one person. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

Bill got Rooney, Koeman got Klassen, Moshiri got Gylfi, apparently. I think for a time they were all involved in each other’s business. I don’t think there were clear boundaries or responsibilities until we started to restructure. Might be wrong though, just don’t think we can throw all the blame at any one person. 

see i've never heard those rumors before.  the bill and koeman ones i can understand, farhad for gylfi?  i'd love to hear the rationale for that one.  

58 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

see i've never heard those rumors before.  the bill and koeman ones i can understand, farhad for gylfi?  i'd love to hear the rationale for that one.  

All the rumours were that he was a big name, wanted to show strength by making sure we got him, even if we did pay over the odds. Not sure how true it is, doesn’t seem too far fetched though. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

All the rumours were that he was a big name, wanted to show strength by making sure we got him, even if we did pay over the odds. Not sure how true it is, doesn’t seem too far fetched though. 

very interesting, thanks for sharing.

i didn't want rooney here but he provided 10 goals and was a feel good story for the fans and we were able to offload him, so i don't know that i would consider that a failure, more like breaking even.  Gylfi i love so i'm biased but i think it was a good deal, he's been integral for us and i expect him to continue to be.  Klaassen the only obvious failure for me.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i didn't want rooney here but he provided 10 goals and was a feel good story for the fans and we were able to offload him, so i don't know that i would consider that a failure, more like breaking even.  Gylfi i love so i'm biased but i think it was a good deal, he's been integral for us and i expect him to continue to be.  Klaassen the only obvious failure for me.

I’m with you Mark, I love Gylfi, I’d have also kept Rooney for one more year. I think he could have been useful this season, especially around Christmas when things got tougher. 

20 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m with you Mark, I love Gylfi, I’d have also kept Rooney for one more year. I think he could have been useful this season, especially around Christmas when things got tougher. 

good call he was past his best but still better than a few of the ones we had at the time.

20 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Felt sympathy for Klaassen having to try a stamp his mark in a team managed by two of the biggest pricks to come to this club as managers, Klaassen like Deli for me are possibly the ones that  got away who under Silva could have come to the fore. 

I wouldn’t call Klaassen a failure our managers failed him anyone who was a footballer with some ability was going to fail in their Sunday team pub football. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Felt sympathy for Klaassen having to try a stamp his mark in a team managed by two of the biggest pricks to come to this club as managers, Klaassen like Deli for me are possibly the ones that  got away who under Silva could have come to the fore. 

I wouldn’t call Klaassen a failure our managers failed him anyone who was a footballer with some ability was going to fail in their Sunday team pub football. 

Agree on Klaassen. He's killing it for WB right now in the Bundesliga. Don't think he got enough of a chance here.

Luka Jovic looks a quality player for Frankfurt.

Haller come on with 3 to go in normal time, now 10 played in extra time and think he’s touched it once, big fella though - takes corners though, which is strange.

edit - haller just missed a sitter 

IN: 
OUT: 
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: 
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen
CONTRACT EXT: Davies

Out of contract: Jags, Baines, A Williams, Pennington, Dowell, Connolly, Hewelt, JHilton, Foulds, Ouzounidis, Charsley, Lavery, Mathis, Mampala, Sambou