IGNORED

Marvin Plattenhardt

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Good enough to replace Baines and make him the bench player?

He better be at least that good, because if not, we're going to have to find some place for Robinson. If maintains the form he has show with the US team this summer, especially against France, the kid is going to be hard to keep out of the first team.

20 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

He better be at least that good, because if not, we're going to have to find some place for Robinson. If maintains the form he has show with the US team this summer, especially against France, the kid is going to be hard to keep out of the first team.

Robinson will probably go out on loan again. 

I want Baines’ replacement this summer, meaning Baines plays mostly a supporting role. 

40 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’ve never seen him play but if Germany consider him as their 2nd best left back, I’d expect there’s a good chance.

Did Germany have an injury at LB? 26 year old and only 6 caps and he is on the WC roster.  I'm not suggesting he isn'tt good, but I thought Germany footballers were born with 10-15 caps!

A quick look at the roster shows he is the least capped outfield player by a bit.  By way of comparison, the next lowest are 11, 14, 15, 16 and 18. But they are a bit younger 22. 22. 23 (Goretzka). 22 and 24

Germany has a few leftbacks choices but Low picked him over....

Phillip Max (no caps which is VERY surprising, probably in the team in the future),

Marcel Schmelzer (16 caps but none since 2014, do not think Low likes him),

Howedes (44 caps but not really featured since 2016 and played numerous positions)

and Marcel Halstenberg (1 cap).

Hector will start all the games though.