IGNORED

Ok I've Held Fire Until Now But........!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for opening quote of am i a RS , Do you write that about every quote that you dont agree with ??? i reacon you need to get your head out the clouds and become a realist mate , were not moving forward like were supposed to be were actually going backwards !!!

47144[/snapback]

i asked that because i havent found one positive point you make. i am a realist, but an optimistic one at that. i can see faults all over our club, but im realistic enough to know its much healthier than it has been in the past ten years.

but right now i dont care about any negativity anyone wants to spout off, we're 2nd in the league and undefeated in 3, so the smilie is on my face for the next two weeks :lol:

moysey deserves the credit for the hard work and preparation that went into our win against spurs.

the team was really well organised and the players all knew exactly where they should be and what they should be doing.

it was a big improvement over the watford game when the midfield went awol for a lot of the match.

well done moysey! :lol:

Thats because Watford play the long Game and bypass the midfield, where as spurs at least try to play the passing game.

Johnson played like two men and Ossie has always been a good player, but i would like to give a little praise to LESCOTT for a solid display, cos W H Lane is not the easiest places to go for your Full début, i think he handled it and played well.

Hate to say this but why support EFC if you've got such an issue with our unbeaten record?

I wouldn't swap anything in the world for DM, I think we have about 6 top class plyrs and one day we'll be in a new ground. It's all lookin good and I just don't understand the post. Like the 1st reposnse said (can't recall who off), what is your solution? ie, no point just criticising.

To win at spurs is one thing, plus they've bought some quality plys, plus we were down to 10 men when both goals went in. I think that was one of the results of the season and AJ's goal was a cracker and it sounds like we actually plys some good stuff. From being on a high I now wish I hadn't logged on!

Thats because Watford play the long Game and bypass the midfield...

no, our midfield wimped out. every loose ball in midfield seemed to go to watford. that was the biggest improvement against spurs, the loose balls were going to us because we put up a fight for them.

tactically moyes was spot on against spurs, and theyre a tough team to beat at wh lane.

also lescotts injury looked like an elbow to me!

no, our midfield wimped out. every loose ball in midfield seemed to go to watford. that was the biggest improvement against spurs, the loose balls were going to us because we put up a fight for them.

tactically moyes was spot on against spurs, and theyre a tough team to beat at wh lane.

Its good to celebrate a great victory but to say Moyes tactics were 'spot on' is rather strange. I think you are getting carried away by the result. So Moyes planned for Kilbane to be sent off then did he? Also after the game Moyes said in an interview, 'after Kilbane was sent off we had to change our tactics to a passing game'. He therefore admitted his initial plan was to stifle Spurs with five across the midfield and play hoofball from defence. I was at this game and can assure you the first half was rubbish, it was like watching paint dry. Moyes planned it that way. He had five across the middle to stop Spurs playing and it was working for a while but it was crap to watch. Spurs then started getting on top and wearing us down and it looked like we'd go down 1-0. Kilbane's sending off changed the game. I still don't really know why. I think Spurs looked increasingly ragged and frustrated that they couldn't break us down. We were well organised as a 4-4-1 and Spurs were worried about AJ hitting them on the break. Don't get me wrong Moyes deserves some credit for that. However you should also remember that Moyes' tactics were to have us playing the whole game like we did in the first half.

Lescott looks like he's settling down and AJ will provide us with more options. Let's see if Moyes has the tactical nous to take advantage this season!

So Moyes planned for Kilbane to be sent off then did he?

dont talk rubbish!

or, bearing in mind the rest of your posts,  dont talk more rubbish!

47381[/snapback]

Java........Is it rubbish just because it doesnt fall in line with what you say,?? he was at the game and is entitled to voice his opinion, And its no more than the rubbish you spout in your posts.

But like i said you are also entitled to voice your opinion, but it doesnt mean to say that its got to be right because its your opinion, and wrong because its his opinion.

Swap that big Know-all head of yours, to a more moderate sized one, and stop Critisizing everyone that does'nt agree with you.

Licker.

Goldfish, I don't get paid huge amounts of wedge to find solutions that's the Managers job. That's what he's paid for and he has had lot's of time. I call a spade a spade. I don't question the effort of the players but the strategy of the Manager is questionable. To ask me what my solution would be is to assume I would have made the same buys as Moyes and used the same tactics as him.  He's in charge of the team so he's responsible for the quality of football we watch. Last season's goals difference speaks volumes. Are you seriously telling me that the quality of football you see is good enough?

47039[/snapback]

You took the easy option there mate just like Craccer and the rest of the doubters. I'm not saying you get paid huge amounts of money to solve our problems but moaning whithout offering a solution is soft IMO. If it were so easy to solve it would be solved and if the solution was clear you and Craccer between you could offer at least some pointers!!

For the reccord everybody here I will ask the same question of you all everytime this type of thing is posted. If you want to question the manager at least have the decency to asses the situation and offer up an explaination of what you would do to solve it. The reason i ask you to do this is because i have in the past and there are so many variables involved in a football club that once you scratch the surface it becomes clear that our situation is not about bad football management it is about bad club management.

I'l offer up a comparison to our situation. I went a bit mad in my earlier years and got a few loans and a big overdraft, i manage my finances poorly and find myself with little cash sometimes. I cant just solve that without working hard and making sacrafices at times and it's gona take me a few years to steady the ship. I see that as the case with Everton we got ourselves in a shit situation and it is gona take years to get out of it. I would rather watch this football with Moyes & Kenwright at the helm for the next 10 years and stay a mid table team than bring in another manager, go into debt to feed his spending and risk getting nowhere. Man United & Charlton are the only sides i can think of who have stuck with their managers through thick and thin and they are both in exceptional positions compared to 15 years ago. All this changing managers after a few years is bollocks in my opinion and you only have to look at 99% of teams in the UK to see it brings you nothing but heart ache.

To answer your question no i am not happy with the quality of football but i accept the only way its is gona get better is with massive amounts of money or a good long term plan. At the moment we have no cash so its the long term plan route and if everyone is honest in terms of long term plans we have made progress with the debt, the team, the stadium & the academy and that is what I am delighted with!!!

Goldfish,

You make good points about the financial background Moyes is working in but this is not as limited as you imply. Moyes has been given quite large amounts of cash. I agree he has stabilised the club generally, (apart from the season we finished 17th), but his tactics are very negative. You wanted pointers, look at Pardew at West Ham, look what Curbishley achieved at a much smaller club that were sharing with Crystal Palace for years. Its frustrating because on occasion we play some really good football. The second half on Saturday is a good example. However the team seem scared to retain the ball and pass and move. Moyes generally plays the percentage game. Ask anyone about what we are like to watch and that's all about coaching choices. I'm hoping that AJ makes a difference to this because he will provide an alternative outlet instead of the usual long ball. We'll wait and see as the season progresses. I just hope to god that Moyes doesn't play five across the middle at home to the red shite in two weeks time! :unsure:

We are gona have to agree to disagree on this one but some points for thought first.

Curbishly was nearly chased out of the Valley early in his managerial career there and was seen as a nearly man when he left by all at the club but a success by most outside the club!

West ham had a good season in the Prem last year but i dont think they will maintain that standard this season regardless i believe our football is on par with west ham in general.

I seriously disagree reagrding out tactics and i think our midfield is one of the best i'v personally ever watched at Everton and as you will see elsewhere i think 5 accross the midfield against the shite is playing to our strengths. Pack the midfield and stop the main men playing and when AJ gets forward Cahill goes with him with Ossie, Arteta & possibly VDM pulling the strings.

I dont know how old you are but i would hazard a guess you have seen us win silverware. I started with Walker enjoyed Royle lived through Kendal and gritted my teeth through Smith and this is the best Everton side i have ever watched.

I enjoy going the match these days and although I'm ashamed to say it it's been a chore in the past I honestly am loving being a blue right now.

Nice debating with you mate :D

west ham and charlton! :P

they arent in our league. both are lucky to be in the premiership and we'll see where they end up at the end of the season.

my guess is well below us!

one minute this guy can't offer an opinion because he doesnt know enough, (thats true), next he's pontificating about how much better than us these two sides are. you can't have it both ways! :rolleyes:

We are gona have to agree to disagree on this one but some points for thought first.

Curbishly was nearly chased out of the Valley early in his managerial career there and was seen as a nearly man when he left by all at the club but a success by most outside the club!

West ham had a good season in the Prem last year but i dont think they will maintain that standard this season regardless i believe our football is on par with west ham in general.

I seriously disagree reagrding out tactics and i think our midfield is one of the best i'v personally ever watched at Everton and as you will see elsewhere i think 5 accross the midfield against the shite is playing to our strengths. Pack the midfield and stop the main men playing and when AJ gets forward Cahill goes with him with Ossie, Arteta & possibly VDM pulling the strings.

I dont know how old you are but i would hazard a guess you have seen us win silverware. I started with Walker enjoyed Royle lived through Kendal and gritted my teeth through Smith and this is the best Everton side i have ever watched.

I enjoy going the match these days and although I'm ashamed to say it it's been a chore in the past I honestly am loving being a blue right now.

Nice debating with you mate  :D

47446[/snapback]

That post brought back some great memories (and some painful ones )

Walker was a bad era especially after the success he had with norwich , he came as the new saviour and largely disapointed !

Then came my favourite era as an Evertonian , The glorious spell of Big Joe Royle he took over after 13 or so games when i dont think we'd even won a game , first game in charge we beat the RS then came the formiddable dogs of war and never say die attitude you'd expect from Big Joe . The fa cup victory in his first season 4th in the league the following season + Kanchelskis arrived GREAT GREAT days

and if rumours are to be believed the only reason Royle left was because he wasnt trusted in the transfer market , he wanted to spend £150k on tore andre flo

but was told he wasnt worth it . 2 seasons later somebody (chelsea i think) paid something like 7 million for the same player !

Then it started to go downhill unfortunately Kendall should never have come back and poor old Walter was never really backed with funds from the board .

As for Moyesey , only time will tell ..... i'm not his biggest fan but i hope in 5 yrs from now i'll be singing his praises after winning shit loads of silverware .... Here's hoping lads !!!!

I would substitute a lesser quality of football for stability anyday. There's been far too many relegation scraps and we've riden our luck more than a couple times on the last day in May.

Anyone can see we are a solid mid table side now which would never have been mentioned under previous managers of the last 15 years bar a short spell under Royle. And with the amount of debt Johnson was getting us into at the time while building his new business ventures even that was a house of cards.

We don't play great football but plenty of sides go down playing entertaining footy like Newcastle and more recently Norwich. You only have to look where Leeds are now to see where spending higher than your means gets you. We are playing the safe game at the moment slowly building.

Admittedly its sickening to see how far ahead the Champions League bankrolls the big Four further away but this isn't a fairy tale and theres no billionaire sugar daddy on the horizon. I am happy right now because its the best we've been off for over fifteen years both on the pitch and financially.

Its good having a serious debate about the club I love. I feel seriously isolated down here. You are right I have seen them win silverware. I remember the '66 cup final and I don't mean the world cup! I became a serious fan during the days of Billy Bingham, through Gordon Lee and then Kendall's first spell. The best match by far was the Cup Winners Cup semi Final against Bayern Munich at Goodison in '85. The atmosphere was electric. We were up for the treble and then Norman Whiteside ruined it for us in the cup final.

We were equal to Liverpool, Man U and players were choosing us over Arsenal, (Tony Cottee). I saw his hat trick against the barcodes, on his début!

Things change.....and I do accept its a different world now. I do respect Moyes and what he's trying to do. It is hard though to adjust and be patient with what I see. Perhaps we are gradually improving overall. Results wise I have no complaints. I like everyone was sick of us being in 15th place with 5 matches left in April. Hopefully we've moved on from that. Now the question is can we kick on again. Remember a few years ago we were on the same level as Arsenal. Our clubs then moved in radically different directions. Bruce Rioch left Arsenal and they appointed a little known guy called Wenger. I'd lived down here for a few years by that time and was taking the piss out of my gooner mates about their prospects under their new manager so what do I know really! :lol:

This is a crucial season in evertonian history. the players and fans, I’m sure, sense this.

After years of being relegation fodder we are now a solid, premiership side, and we owe that to David Moyes. He has done a good job for us on a limited budget.

The new signings are particularly exciting. AJ and BT upfront could become a legendary strike force, and we have anichebe and McFadden waiting in the wings.

The defence is now looking much more solid. Lescott, Valente, Hibbert and Yobo are all talented players, and the new goalie looks good so we should be able to get rid of that embarrassing, negative goal difference, of recent seasons.

The board now seem to have found a real sense of direction and purpose after years of floundering, and this has fired the fans and the team with an optimism that we haven t had for a long time.

Everton are back. :D

This is a fantastic thread and TBH I can't really post any opinions as such, otherwise it would just be a case of "I agree" or "I disagree".

I am loving the passion and inteiligence being used here, but.............

these are opinions and I feel like a kid in Woolies at the "pick and mix", loads of good stuff to choose from even if I disagree, I can still see what people are saying.

Moyes is the best we have had for a while, now that may well be a sad indictment of our recent managerial appointments, but love him or loathe him he is in the hotseat. So far I feel we have had a decent return from such a young and inexperienced manager, so let's give the lad the benefit of the doubt untill he f*cks up good and proper, and then we can crucify him.

ATB

Mac

Its good having a serious debate about the club I love. I feel seriously isolated down here. You are right I have seen them win silverware. I remember the '66 cup final and I don't mean the world cup! I became a serious fan during the days of Billy Bingham, through Gordon Lee and then Kendall's first spell. The best match by far was the Cup Winners Cup semi Final against Bayern Munich at Goodison in '85. The atmosphere was electric. We were up for the treble and then Norman Whiteside ruined it for us in the cup final.

We were equal to Liverpool, Man U and players were choosing us over Arsenal, (Tony Cottee). I saw his hat trick against the barcodes, on his début!

Things change.....and I do accept its a different world now. I do respect Moyes and what he's trying to do. It is hard though to adjust and be patient with what I see. Perhaps we are gradually improving overall. Results wise I have no complaints. I like everyone was sick of us being in 15th place with 5 matches left in April. Hopefully we've moved on from that. Now the question is can we kick on again. Remember a few years ago we were on the same level as Arsenal. Our clubs then moved in radically different directions. Bruce Rioch left Arsenal and they appointed a little known guy called Wenger. I'd lived down here for a few years by that time and was taking the piss out of my gooner mates about their prospects under their new manager so what do I know really! :lol:

47469[/snapback]

Knowing a bit more about your background London helps and compounds my theory regarding the generation gaps in the Everton support. There is the older Evertonians and kids who spend there footballing experiences with them and then the Younger blues thats 30 max and under.

I'm 25 and my match going experiences are very personal and were spent with lads i went to school with and their older / younger brothers. We love the Everton team of today because it is the best we have seen, we are the generation (in my opinion) who kept Evertons support going when the older guys started to become disolusioned throughout the 90's. We know we were once great but we also have the realism of not having actually seen that team play football and looking back Evertons success was a flash in the pan. We have heard the potential of that team we use it in arguments but we do not and cannot fully understand what that team was realy all about.

On the other hand is people like London, Licker, my Uncles and his son (my cousin) these are the people who did see it. By that i not only mean the finals, the leagues, the glory but also the club and team management and the imense potential of the team Howard & Phillip built. My cousin and several younger members of this forum (I highlight Craccer but accept I am hypothosising by using him as an example) are the people who back the older opininions for the simple reason their match going experience was shared with the older generation and their opinions indelably stamped on their footballing minds forever. These are the people who want us to manage our club properly, build a team and play real football, i see this as short sighted and nieve in a way but also accept the views of my fellow Evertonians as i believe i understand their stand point.

We will struggle to match the "big boys" for a long time to come without a massive cash injection and even that has been proven to not be the only component in success. We are Everton FC, we have a stadium we pack out and is widly respected as one of the most intimidating and hardest places to play football throughout the English league structure. We have away support rarely matched by anyone, lads who travel everywhere and make us all proud when we hear them outsinging home fans on MOTD. We have a young ambitious manager with drive and determination and a team of players who as a group can destroy the best of them. We out play good teams with sometimes average players / performances and we all as Evertonians (Staff, manager, players & fans) have the respect of managers, players & pundits from north to south of the British Isles.

We are not the best team around and we do not play the most attractive football 80% of the time but we fight to the end and more often than not we run the Chelsea's, Man United's & Arsenal's of this world right to the wire. We are Everton and we will enjoy the taste of success again if that is this year, next year or in several years time I honestly dont care either way I will be there and I hope you will all be there with me.

I love my club and I am proud to be an Evertonian however we play because I know that throughout history not many teams can boast the loyal support and deep running pride that Everton can.

William Ralph (Dixie) Dean

The Cat

Kendall, Ball & Harvey

Latchford

Kev the Rat

Tricky Trev

Sharp

Grey

Royle

Southall

Watson

Horne, Parkinson, Ebbrell

Farrely

Ferguson

Wier

Cahill

Moyes

Evertonians in every corner of the world

COYB B)

I'm gona stop now and I hope my ramblings have entertained and given some of you understanding of us younger supporters, we are all Evertonians and we stand sholder to sholder as always. As we all know we did not choose we were chosen and for that I am greatful, bring on the red shite and every other team Everton will be back and the rest know it!!

Goldy.29th Aug @ 10.33 pm......"I love my club and I am proud to be an Evertonian however we play, because I know that throughout history not many teams can boast the loyal support and deep running pride that Everton can"

If there was a poll today for the most passionate, dedicated, and loyal Everton Fanatic, my vote would go to Goldsmith Memory. ( only because i couldnt vote for myself). ;)

Its a long time since ive seen such an out and out admission of love for a football Club. Thats the sort of passion and desire that needs to be instilled into the players, whether thats possible to achieve under David Moyes remains to be seen, but i will keep faith in him for the time Being.

Only Two managers in my time have had the ability to inspire somewhat ordinary players, by harnessing a medium amount of talent, and turning them into a winning team of household names. Those Managers are Bill Shankly and Brian Clough, so is David Moyes in the same class ? i think not.

The nearest thing to those two was the Howard Kendall of the 8Os who because of good luck or good management meticulously put together a squad of players that had the perfect blend of youth and experience, of skill and aggression, so that they blended into the perfect team, and every single one of them had the hunger and desire to be winners.

None of his players where big names before they came to Everton, Reidy was past it, and Andy Gray was finished, but they where the missing pieces of the Jigsaw, and everything fell into place. And if you Know your History they became massive stars and household names, in a spell that supporters only dream about.

So Goldy, I hope your patience and dedication is rewarded with lots and lots of trophies to add to the history of this fantastic Club of ours, and maybe in 30 or 40 years time from now you can tell everybody on this forum that "I WAS THERE". Good luck to you mate, you and all those who havent seen any yet, deserve a decent spell.

Licker.