IGNORED

Kieran Tierney

17 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Apparently a very shoddy rag for transfer news 

Definitely a player I want us to bring in though 

Can surely only be based on his SPFL games?

Cos I can't believe you'd want him if you watched their CL  "performances"

oh, and "shoddy rag" doesn't even come close

4 minutes ago, BIP said:

Can surely only be based on his SPFL games?

Cos I can't believe you'd want him if you watched their CL  "performances"

oh, and "shoddy rag" doesn't even come close

From what I've seen of the lad he's always done well 

Over 100 SPL games captained his country and was named in the UEFA CL breakthrough team of 2017 by the age of 20... Can't be bad 

6 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

From what I've seen of the lad he's always done well 

Over 100 SPL games captained his country and was named in the UEFA CL breakthrough team of 2017 by the age of 20... Can't be bad 

All about opinions mate, but 100 games in the SPFL is like 100 games at your local park. He - and his team-mates - were routinely battered by just about everyone they met in the CL the last couple of years.

Decent young prospect? Yes.  Worth 25 million, even in the overpriced Premiership? Not even close, imo

5 minutes ago, BIP said:

All about opinions mate, but 100 games in the SPFL is like 100 games at your local park. He - and his team-mates - were routinely battered by just about everyone they met in the CL the last couple of years.

Decent young prospect? Yes.  Worth 25 million, even in the overpriced Premiership? Not even close, imo

I agree mate it is 

To be honest you'd be looking at paying that for someone with a similar background and as highly regarded (age CL experience nations capt etc) from Ligue 1 Serie A and not far off that from the Championship these days 

Personally I think he's worth it 

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Robertson went for £12m (although I'd say he was undervalued) and had premier league experience. Should start the bidding at that. 

They will likely end all negotiations there and then and sell to spurs or Man United.

By all accounts the lad is special - very good and has all the attributes. Starting bid will be £20m. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Only seen him play a couple of times but he looked really exciting. 

I’m pretty much over transfer prices and wages now, it’s only ever going to get more ridiculous so I’m past caring. Provided he does the job, couldn’t care less about the costs

I look at it the same these days. Transfer fees mean nothing. If he does a good job then I don’t care what we pay for them.

Question to ask is. At the rate Everton’s transfer business is going in the current era. If we continue to sign 25m highly rated players, how many can we afford to fail v work out.

At a younger age profile, the risk is minimised due to sell on value. If he works out, the fee is negligible, but not ideal.

If he doesn’t, it slows down the progress of developing the squad.

The value can only be compared to the alternatives, because the LB position is a must this window.

1 hour ago, DavisJD said:

At a younger age profile, the risk is minimised due to sell on value. If he works out, the fee is negligible, but not ideal.

Can work the other way, longer contract as they are younger so get stuck having to pay them like Sunderland with Rodwell. Atm we'd do well to get rid of Keane, useless lump on mega wages. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to subsidise his wages if he ever moves elsewhere. 

Tierney is a risk similar to Klassen. £25m is a lot for a player unproven in the league.

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

Keane will be fine lads. No problem with him at all. When Jags, Baines and Coleman were back in the side and play By regular he started to look like he fitted in. 

He’ll come good this season with the team having a plan and a bit of balance. 

i am coming around to this as well.  a solid coach in silva to help him with confidence will be good too.

Same here, not worried about Keane. He has the ability and just needs a better defence around him, a leader.

As far as Tierney.. it is a risk, but we don’t want to turn into a club that stays in the safe zone and only buys proven premier experience that is available... as if it’s available... it’s usually not wanted.

If we want to take the next step, then we need to take risks, calculated risks, but risks nonetheless. 

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 14:43, Bill said:

Shady history !!  Think he must be a Rangers supporter. 😁

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:03, markjazzbassist said:

lol i thought the same.  he's just mad we don't want to buy the dross on rangers, they don't have anyone close to premier league calibre.

Don't want to derail the thread, but you don't have to be a rangers fan to be appalled by that mob's songbook, amongst other things.

Anyway, like every year, I hope Everton have a great season ahead. If a deal is struck for Tierney, I just hope you don't pay too much for him.