Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

We’ve conceded as many goals as the bottom side in the table. Between the goalkeeper and defence and whatever else they are told to do its shite.

Mate I understand that and agree. I’m saying 2 players out of a back 5 have been acceptable so far. I get they are a collective unit but I’ve been happy with their levels so far. Centre backs and goalkeeper have been suspect and need to shape up quickly.

 

8 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I think at the moment we have to go with Keane and Mina. Holgate will need time to get back to his usual level and Godfrey must take his chance if it arises. 

Think holgate will play RB as coleman is out for Fulham. Mina to come in and mark Mitrovic 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reckon the medical is in Costa Del BroadVerde?

Walsh and his cronies stole a living from us. Best move we made this season was to clear house and get Silva, Brands and co in, we look like a professional team now.

For me things like this undermine racism. There is no place for racist hatred in the world, but to put this in the same bracket as the likes of what has been seen recently in matches in London does mo

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Btay said:

Mate I understand that and agree. I’m saying 2 players out of a back 5 have been acceptable so far. I get they are a collective unit but I’ve been happy with their levels so far. Centre backs and goalkeeper have been suspect and need to shape up quickly.

 

Think holgate will play RB as coleman is out for Fulham. Mina to come in and mark Mitrovic 

No issues with Holgate at RB but I’d rather start Godfrey over Mina 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aidan said:

I mean the team in 3rd place have conceded more than us. The sample size is so small it's not really relevant. 

I think with Holgate back our defence will improve slightly, but a real reliable, consistent enforcer in centre half would be ideal. There isn't many of them about though. 

Yeah Liverpool, they conceded 7 of them in one game, so it's fair to call that an outlier. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Btay said:

Mate I understand that and agree. I’m saying 2 players out of a back 5 have been acceptable so far. I get they are a collective unit but I’ve been happy with their levels so far. Centre backs and goalkeeper have been suspect and need to shape up quickly.

 

Think holgate will play RB as coleman is out for Fulham. Mina to come in and mark Mitrovic 

I don't think we defended well at all aside the spurs game.

Full backs can give the impression they are doing ok based on attacking play.

As a defensive unit I'm really disappointed. It starts with keeper and to a degree ends with midfield

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Just saw a state that Big Yer's last four goals scored have all come in the 45th minute. Can't stress how important of a stat that is. 

December 19th v Arsenal - Gives us a 2-1 lead into the half, go on to win 2-1

October 3rd v Brighton - Gives us a 2-1 lead into the half, go on to win 4-2 

February 1st v Watford - Scores 2 in 1st half stoppage time to get us back to 2-2, go on to win 3-2

I'm as critical of him as anyone, as his mental lapses annoy the PISS out of me, but he has come up with some crucial goals at crucial moments for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Just saw a state that Big Yer's last four goals scored have all come in the 45th minute. Can't stress how important of a stat that is. 

December 19th v Arsenal - Gives us a 2-1 lead into the half, go on to win 2-1

October 3rd v Brighton - Gives us a 2-1 lead into the half, go on to win 4-2 

February 1st v Watford - Scores 2 in 1st half stoppage time to get us back to 2-2, go on to win 3-2

I'm as critical of him as anyone, as his mental lapses annoy the PISS out of me, but he has come up with some crucial goals at crucial moments for us. 

Another of those weird ingredients for me that seems to work.

Against Arsenal he was pushed over by a kid, which ended up in a header just wide. Beaten on corners easily by not jumping, stood static on several occasions as a player ran round him, but comes up with a winner and does enough to earn himself a decent few MoM votes.

A strange one indeed. But he seems to be a bit of a marmite player. But it somehow works haha.

My biggest frustration with him is that he for his height he gets beaten way too much in the air. But when he wins a header it’s towering and sticks in the mind more. But honestly watch him closely next match and see how many Ariel dues he wins.

Non of this looking at stats either, watch with eyes haha. Only because I think I’m going crazy 😜 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Another of those weird ingredients for me that seems to work.

Against Arsenal he was pushed over by a kid, which ended up in a header just wide. Beaten on corners easily by not jumping, stood static on several occasions as a player ran round him, but comes up with a winner and does enough to earn himself a decent few MoM votes.

A strange one indeed. But he seems to be a bit of a marmite player. But it somehow works haha.

My biggest frustration with him is that he for his height he gets beaten way too much in the air. But when he wins a header it’s towering and sticks in the mind more. But honestly watch him closely next match and see how many Ariel dues he wins.

Non of this looking at stats either, watch with eyes haha. Only because I think I’m going crazy 😜 

Can’t sleep mate you’re posting earlier and earlier, soon it won’t be worth going to bed. 
Your right he is a marmite player I like marmite so focus on his tastier work, I do recognise his weaknesses but his good stuff out weighs his bad, but he does have the odd game when it doesn’t and then Carlo’s axe falls and he pays the price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mina has been very good, he has made some great tackles and interceptions, he also is a good communicator, he talks to the other defenders which is important. 

Plus he has a really good positive mentality on the pitch which cant be underestimated. 

As others have said having so many good defenders at the club drives up standards which is key.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Mina has been very good, he has made some great tackles and interceptions, he also is a good communicator, he talks to the other defenders which is important. 

Plus he has a really good positive mentality on the pitch which cant be underestimated. 

As others have said having so many good defenders at the club drives up standards which is key.

If he could just cut out those “Mina moments” he’d be a starter hands down for the rest of the season. He’s certainly improved this season but I’m still always assuming he’s going to do something reckless. His clearances for example, I can think of 3 without effort that led to goals against us and cost us points in some cases.  
 

All that said, it’s nice to see that we’ve got genuine quality competition at CB now and I’m glad I’m being proven somewhat wrong about him. Long may it continue 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he could just cut out those “Mina moments” he’d be a starter hands down for the rest of the season. He’s certainly improved this season but I’m still always assuming he’s going to do something reckless. His clearances for example, I can think of 3 without effort that led to goals against us and cost us points in some cases.  
 

All that said, it’s nice to see that we’ve got genuine quality competition at CB now and I’m glad I’m being proven somewhat wrong about him. Long may it continue 

I think the "Mina Moments" have reduced which is down to playing more, building up a partnership with Keane, and playing in a team that is playing better.

Not perfect, but much much better and a genuine choice for starting centre back now, which many could not say before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Mina has been very good, he has made some great tackles and interceptions, he also is a good communicator, he talks to the other defenders which is important. 

Plus he has a really good positive mentality on the pitch which cant be underestimated. 

As others have said having so many good defenders at the club drives up standards which is key.

the underlined is key for me too.  he's always smiling and hugging the guys, and having a laugh.  you can tell he's just a jovial kinda guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn’t have a bad game against West Ham, but he deflected / blocked a shot straight to an opposition player for there goal. I have seen him do this many times this season, blocks or deflections that go straight to a dangerous position (Salah’s goal is a standout, but there is more).

Not good enough at this level to repeat the mistake like he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How the anyone can blame a player for a deflection or a an attempted block on a shot that’s flying at him is beyond me, what annoys me and will annoy Carlo is that not one of our midfielders rushed out to block the shot that’s poor and you very rarely see someone on the edge of the area go completely unchallenged as we did then, there’s your reason for the goal  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...