Yerry Mina

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't particularly rate him as a player but taking that out I'd sell him simply because he's so injury prone. He misses large chunks of the season regularly, so if a decent offer comes in over the summer I'd be thrilled to see it accepted.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't particularly rate him as a player but taking that out I'd sell him simply because he's so injury prone. He misses large chunks of the season regularly, so if a decent offer comes in over the summer I'd be thrilled to see it accepted.

That plus he injures himself and others around him in a blue shirt. Definition of the word liability 

I think it causes more problems when a CB is in and out with injuries because it is probably the most important position to have some stability.

I would still rate him as one of our better CB's and if he goes, we would need someone else in because Keane and Godfrey are too passive together and Holgate isn't good enough to play week in week out.

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2021 at 01:56, Btay said:

Think he’s our best CB - I know he’s not to everyone’s liking, wish he wouldn’t pick up so many niggles.

The stats back this up - something like 1.95 points per game when he plays and 0.5 when he’s been out this season.

36 minutes ago, c1982 said:

The stats back this up - something like 1.95 points per game when he plays and 0.5 when he’s been out this season.

Shame he is injured so much 

• 1 month later...

he won an award for that celebration too!

Only in South America would they dish out awards for Goal celebration!

Hadn't even realised James hadn't been picked in the squad, even more guiling after he buggared off early prioritising Columbia!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2021 at 14:49, London Blue said:

Love the way he confronted Utd players over Dinge, showd real fight. 

I love his shithousery. Sometimes can take it too far and make a bit of a fool of himself, but we need a player or two to get in the opponent's heads.

I think Yerry is propably our best CB at the moment, so some of this may appear harsh, but he causes me more worry and stress in matches than the rest including Keane (hoping Keanes 2 early brain farts are him for the season), it really frightens me, I mentioned Paolo Wanchope in the Utd matchday thread in regards to Rondon, and my problem with Yerry is that he shares the worst or Wanchope especially when he's gotta get a move on, sometimes it's like his brain doesn't know what his legs are doing, that in itself isn't a problem but it's the theatrical element he brings with it, it's sometimes like a panto, I get that some of it is Yerry playing up to it and some of it is done to wind up opponents, but because it's always in a defensive area I really just want want him to hoick it into rowZ instead of trying to shepard ball out under a lot of pressure, though in fairness to him can't really recall him costing us directly with his antics though he probably has, I wish he didn't make me so edgy, as I said at start think he is our best CB, but I would probably have Keane and Godders as my CB pairing as they probably compliment each other best. Also for a big guy he should be better with headers especially in opposition box.

• 2 weeks later...