IGNORED

Yerry Mina

22 hours ago, StevO said:

For me things like this undermine racism. There is no place for racist hatred in the world, but to put this in the same bracket as the likes of what has been seen recently in matches in London does more harm than good for me. 

People often have no idea what certain words actually mean. Racism is one such word 

12 minutes ago, DavisJD said:

Still think that currently the best partnership is Zouma and Keane.

Fingers crossed Mina comes good because he has been suspect so far. Silva will play him over Zouma

In someway he has to Mina will still be our player next season Zouma probably won't be, so he needs to give him every opportunity to settle in and get better.

If it’s based on form the vacuum cleaner should be “rested”. However, I think it’s a positive we have real competition at centre half. The main thing we are going to struggle with is if gana isn’t fit who isn’t going to pick up son and Ali coming from the deeper positions? We have conceded some real poor goals recently and spurs are the side that can counter attack amongst the best 

12 hours ago, Finn balor said:

If it’s based on form the vacuum cleaner should be “rested”. However, I think it’s a positive we have real competition at centre half. The main thing we are going to struggle with is if gana isn’t fit who isn’t going to pick up son and Ali coming from the deeper positions? We have conceded some real poor goals recently and spurs are the side that can counter attack amongst the best 

Davies.

Gana doesn’t pick runners up he let’s people ghost past him, he’s just attracted to the ball he’s not remotely interested in closing runners down or to shut off their space he hasn’t got the intelligence for that he’s a tackler not a clever footballer, Davies is more of tactician and understands that role he knows how to position himself when to stay and when to go, when your playing teams like Spurs you want brains over brawn to stop them. 

Even Silva in his build up to the game said we need quality and creativity from everyone against a strong Spurs side, both of which Gana doesn’t possess, Davies is the winner in them departments everyday. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ironic.... we are talking about Mina due to him having a stinker in the last game. Who never played in that game? Yep the player palfy is talking about. 

Apologies everyone genuinely thought I was in the Spurs match day thread can it be moved to there please thanks. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He is a good defender, but needs time to adjust to the Premier League. Like many others his confidence is not great at the moment.

He looks exactly like he did at Barca and is why he barely got any playing time and was quickly fucked off - a defender that isn’t very good at defending, clumsy and cumbersome. Another one we’ll take a hit on when he returns to Colombia. 

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

At the moment, I think he is one of two things:

1. He is crap and will never make it at a decent level;

2. He is struggling to come to terms with English football and when bearing in mind he didn't have a pre-season, he may just need more time to adapt.

I don't really hold with his needs time to adapt for me the worst thing is inability to defend a cross in the air whether a corner free kick or cross from open play which is made more the poorer when you consider his size, now that could be contributed to by Silva's zonal tactics but for me a ball crossed with height into the box should be defended the same way in any league shouldn't it?

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

He is a good defender, but needs time to adjust to the Premier League. Like many others his confidence is not great at the moment.

They are in a premiership club and we can't have 'many' lacking in confidence, it doesn't work like that or there's something very wrong.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't really hold with his needs time to adapt for me the worst thing is inability to defend a cross in the air whether a corner free kick or cross from open play which is made more the poorer when you consider his size, now that could be contributed to by Silva's zonal tactics but for me a ball crossed with height into the box should be defended the same way in any league shouldn't it?

Last time I watched Spanish football they dont cross the ball all that often and especially not from the half way line. Nor do they do it in the wind and rain that often. Nor do they do it by playing lumps up front where they give you a dig everytime you challenge for the ball. 

Whether he will improve upon that is open for debate, but I would hope that we wouldnt have bought him if our scouting showed that he isnt that good in the air.

Likewise I do also fully accept that I could be clutching at straws.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Last time I watched Spanish football they dont cross the ball all that often and especially not from the half way line. Nor do they do it in the wind and rain that often. Nor do they do it by playing lumps up front where they give you a dig everytime you challenge for the ball. 

Whether he will improve upon that is open for debate, but I would hope that we wouldnt have bought him if our scouting showed that he isnt that good in the air.

Likewise I do also fully accept that I could be clutching at straws.

Bailey it gets windy and rains in Spain trust me on that mate I have a Villa out there that I go to on regular basis, and sometimes I’m out there and it’s foul and you here it’s better back home. 

I appreciate the “he needs time to adapt to the English game” argument. But we generally can see the ones who are good players, and just need a bit of time to become even better. Mina doesn’t appear to be one of these. He’s too unsteady and rash and the way evertonians are with defenders who are clumsy, he’ll get annialated after a few mistakes....I remember our fans slating materazzi 😂

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

Bailey it gets windy and rains in Spain trust me on that mate I have a Villa out there that I go to on regular basis, and sometimes I’m out there and it’s foul and you here it’s better back home. 

I dont think I have ever seen a Spanish game in the rain? I dont watch it religiously, only ever flick onto it if there is nothing else I want to watch. I doubt they are pumping 40 yard balls forward in it though!