IGNORED

Yerry Mina

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Okay you can't so why does the manager buy players that can't do the basics because he's a fool clueless fucking idiot shit manager take your pick.

Surely these players have been scouted and watched before being bought and considered that they are good enough, then they come here and there woeful, same player different manager different system different different instructions.

He's a poor manager and when he's shown the door here his career will be finished in this country.

And as I said he can't do anything about individual mistakes but he can give a team the will to win he can make them a strong unit, but we are weak because he is weak, we put out a first team against Millwall and got humiliated because they wanted it more than us, there manager sent his team out with a plan a belief in it and a passion and will to win, can you honestly say you see that in Silva's team.

The manager doesn't buy the players, he doesn't conduct the scouting.

History shows plenty of examples where lower league teams beat premier league teams through their will to win. All the best managers in the world have been humbled, it doesn't make them shit managers. Its one of the things that is great about football.

As an example, look back at the 2nd goal for Newcastle. We had just changed to 5 at the back. We have a 2 man midfield and we should be sat deep soaking up the pressure looking to counter attack. The two men in midfield, regardless of whether the manager has told them to, should know to hold their position and sit in front of the 3 centre backs, let the full backs create the width and release the front 3 into space wherever possible. You then watch it and you have Gana appearing to chase Shelvey into the opposition half 30 yards ahead of Gomes, a bit of a tame header from Zouma and Gomes is not aware of the Newcastle player next to him who wins the ball, which starts the counter, then you have Kenny and Mina failing to recognise the danger and they originally start dropping deeper, rather than getting close to him. Pickford doesn't get the ball away from goal from the shot and then Zouma just watches Perez stroll past him. I watch that and I just can't not blame the players. I would agree with an argument which said the 5 at the back would have added to some of the confusion, but in all honesty if Mina and Kenny were in that position as a back 4 they would probably do the same. Kenny should realise he doesn't have a man and go flying out to Almiron, who I would have thought would have been his main opposition at that time.

They would have done hours of work on the training ground, working on the exact opposite of what happened in that sequence of events, but its football. Its humans having to make split second decisions in an every changing environment and that is why I prefer intelligent players over athletes.

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The manager doesn't buy the players, he doesn't conduct the scouting.

History shows plenty of examples where lower league teams beat premier league teams through their will to win. All the best managers in the world have been humbled, it doesn't make them shit managers. Its one of the things that is great about football.

As an example, look back at the 2nd goal for Newcastle. We had just changed to 5 at the back. We have a 2 man midfield and we should be sat deep soaking up the pressure looking to counter attack. The two men in midfield, regardless of whether the manager has told them to, should know to hold their position and sit in front of the 3 centre backs, let the full backs create the width and release the front 3 into space wherever possible. You then watch it and you have Gana appearing to chase Shelvey into the opposition half 30 yards ahead of Gomes, a bit of a tame header from Zouma and Gomes is not aware of the Newcastle player next to him who wins the ball, which starts the counter, then you have Kenny and Mina failing to recognise the danger and they originally start dropping deeper, rather than getting close to him. Pickford doesn't get the ball away from goal from the shot and then Zouma just watches Perez stroll past him. I watch that and I just can't not blame the players. I would agree with an argument which said the 5 at the back would have added to some of the confusion, but in all honesty if Mina and Kenny were in that position as a back 4 they would probably do the same. Kenny should realise he doesn't have a man and go flying out to Almiron, who I would have thought would have been his main opposition at that time.

They would have done hours of work on the training ground, working on the exact opposite of what happened in that sequence of events, but its football. Its humans having to make split second decisions in an every changing environment and that is why I prefer intelligent players over athletes.

The manager isn'tt just told out of the blue we've just bought XYZ he casts his eyes over the players suggested to him and will have the final say if they are what he wants.

History does show what we would call giant killings, but most are against bigger teams putting out a 2nd team we put out our 1st team and got done because we were weak at defending the set ball plays weak at battling to win the ball and weak spirited, and to top that we have a manager who can't inspire or lift his players.

Bailey you keep going on about individual mistakes that lead to goals not far off every goal conceded in football all over the world is down to a mistake by 1 or 2 individuals no one is arguing that we all know that, I'm talking about a team that is being sent out with little desire or passion that is so brittle it's embarrassing I'm talking about a team that reflects it's manager, were not taking about a team who's players make mistakes because of their ability were talking about a team with no heart no passion no drive no will to do everything think it takes, and when you look at the manager it's not hard to see why a poor weak manager adds up to a poor weak team.

You yourself have said on many occasions that the team were weak or poor but you obviously don't think that's down to the manager were as I do..

34 minutes ago, Btay said:

Do they think he's a Dacoure type of player beats me not sure of their logic or who they would compare him to, like you I think it's pure fantasy.

You wait Silva will try it and prove us wrong 😃

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Do they think he's a Dacoure type of player beats me not sure of their logic or who they would compare him to, like you I think it's pure fantasy.

You wait Silva will try it and prove us wrong 😃

Look if Silva tried Mina at CDM I’d be critical of his tactics ( unless by some sort of mirical Mina is secretly elegant and agile enough ). It’s not the same as Jags/Heitinga who (albeit not great) could do a job there. In fact of our Centre halves id only suggest holgate could do the role ( potentially ) but I wouldn’t want it!

22 hours ago, Palfy said:

The manager isn'ttt just told out of the blue we've just bought XYZ he casts his eyes over the players suggested to him and will have the final say if they are what he wants.

History does show what we would call giant killings, but most are against bigger teams putting out a 2nd team we put out our 1st team and got done because we were weak at defending the set ball plays weak at battling to win the ball and weak spirited, and to top that we have a manager who can't inspire or lift his players.

Bailey you keep going on about individual mistakes that lead to goals not far off every goal conceded in football all over the world is down to a mistake by 1 or 2 individuals no one is arguing that we all know that, I'm talking about a team that is being sent out with little desire or passion that is so brittle it's embarrassing I'm talking about a team that reflects it's manager, were not taking about a team who's players make mistakes because of their ability were talking about a team with no heart no passion no drive no will to do everything think it takes, and when you look at the manager it's not hard to see why a poor weak manager adds up to a poor weak team.

You yourself have said on many occasions that the team were weak or poor but you obviously don't think that's down to the manager were as I do..

The point is that they have been weak under different managers, so its either an issue with 4 managers or an isssue with the players. 

To keep this short, I dont disagree about there being failures in the manager, but fuck me these players are soft. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

The point is that they have been weak under different managers, so its either an issue with 4 managers or an isssue with the players. 

To keep this short, I dont disagree about there being failures in the manager, but fuck me these players are soft. 

Not today if that 2nd half performance was because of dressing down from Silva then that's what he needs to do on a regular basis, if you want the players to grow some balls then the manager needs some as well, maybe just maybe Silva's dropped today I really hope so but time will tell, or will we revert to being a bunch of pussy's again sincerely hope not.

On 17/03/2019 at 19:33, Palfy said:

Not today if that 2nd half performance was because of dressing down from Silva then that's what he needs to do on a regular basis, if you want the players to grow some balls then the manager needs some as well, maybe just maybe Silva's dropped today I really hope so but time will tell, or will we revert to being a bunch of pussy's again sincerely hope not.

Unfortunately you cant continue to motivate players by giving them a rollicking. It wares off pretty quickly!

The players shouldnt need that to play a half decent game of football. That performance basically proved everything I have been saying. 

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Unfortunately you cant continue to motivate players by giving them a rollicking. It wares off pretty quickly!

The players shouldnt need that to play a half decent game of football. That performance basically proved everything I have been saying. 

Your having a laugh Bailey completely opposite to what you have been saying, read it back mate your way off the mark.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

How? Same tactics, same players. One half the players show up, the other half they didnt. 

Because the second half they got read the riot act which spurred and galvanised them into going out with some fight team spirit and a will to win.

You could sense the players responded to that and from the reactions after the game you could sense that they weren't use to that strong style of management and when delivered it had a positive impact.

You have been arguing with me that the manager has no responsibility to make his players go out and fight that it should automatically be in them, as I said the team was weak as you agreed, for me it was because the manager was weak, Sunday he woke up grew some balls because he was in danger of losing his job and the players were motivated by it, I rest my case.

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Because the second half they got read the riot act which spurred and galvanised them into going out with some fight team spirit and a will to win.

You could sense the players responded to that and from the reactions after the game you could sense that they weren't use to that strong style of management and when delivered it had a positive impact.

You have been arguing with me that the manager has no responsibility to make his players go out and fight that it should automatically be in them, as I said the team was weak as you agreed, for me it was because the manager was weak, Sunday he woke up grew some balls because he was in danger of losing his job and the players were motivated by it, I rest my case.

The part that we differ is that I dont expect professional footballers to need to be read a riot act to perform, not that we definitely know whether they were given a kick up the arse. Its an assumption I would agree with though.

It also doesnt explain the Liverpool performance nor why the performance changed so dramatically in the Newcastle game. 

Dont get me wrong, I get your point, but I am fed up of giving excuses to multimillionaires who take the piss out of the club like they do when they dont show up. You might find that acceptable, but I dont. Why should the fans be expected to spunk hundreds and thousands of pounds up the wall to watch and support a team of players who only turn up when they want to. That isnt acceptable anywhere else outside of football. If your solicitor doesnt give a shit, you change solicitors. Football fans cant do that, as much as I wish I could sometimes!

You never know your character until faced with adversity. A lot of our players are finding out quickly.

The manager is also finding out which characters are up for the fight and which aren’t.

Moyes had fighters in his team, players who were prepared to put their bodies on the line. We need a few of those characters.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

The part that we differ is that I dont expect professional footballers to need to be read a riot act to perform, not that we definitely know whether they were given a kick up the arse. Its an assumption I would agree with though.

It also doesnt explain the Liverpool performance nor why the performance changed so dramatically in the Newcastle game. 

Dont get me wrong, I get your point, but I am fed up of giving excuses to multimillionaires who take the piss out of the club like they do when they dont show up. You might find that acceptable, but I dont. Why should the fans be expected to spunk hundreds and thousands of pounds up the wall to watch and support a team of players who only turn up when they want to. That isnt acceptable anywhere else outside of football. If your solicitor doesnt give a shit, you change solicitors. Football fans cant do that, as much as I wish I could sometimes!

Like you I don't find it acceptable but I believe weak management contributes to players not giving there all, it's because there multimillionaires that a lot of these big time Charlie's lack the commitment and drive needed to give their best, so you need a strong manager to make them raise their game.

Ferguson is arguably the most successful manager ever in English modern day football, and if he didn't get 100% effort from a player they fucking new about it in no uncertain terms, so if you don't want players to only turn up when they feel like it you fire fucks into them so bad that they start to realise it's easier to work there tits off on the pitch than face the manager if they don't, there's no HR department they can go running to because they've had a massive bollockings.

• 1 month later...