IGNORED

Yerry Mina

11 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Only 4 star?! You may have enjoyed it more in a 5 star.

You’ve also got to go off characters... I personally couldn’t ever live in London - just not for me. Millions think otherwise.

Me neither. Give me peace and quiet any time!

6 hours ago, Haiku said:

It's not that important imo. Manchester is a shitty place, but is attractive enough to majority of footballers. And Liverpool is a lot better place to live than Manchester.

Shitty? Do you live in Manchester? Most United / City footballers live in north Cheshire which is very nice. 

As  a token Londoner I have to say London is a great place to live, if you are:

1) Young (ish - under 40)

2) Rich (ish)

It is so massive and diverse that you can always find like minded people, and things to do, places to go that are great and off the tourist trap. Some of the best food / friends / music / experiences in my life have come from the various communities that have made London their home. This does not cost lots of money, but you do have to be explorers and outgoing - which young people tend to be.

If you don't have 400K then forget buying anywhere decent to live in London, want a garden then add another 150k. Plus everything is more expensive than the rest of the UK, then again wages are higher, but not that much. We can't afford to buy in London so we are saving up to move to somewhere in Essex.

The outer London boroughs are quiet, although still busy compared to other parts of the UK. I don't think I could live in a quiet village, I would go mad. Miss the adrenaline, faster pace of life too much.  

13 hours ago, Matt said:

Me neither. Give me peace and quiet any time!

My bit of London is quiet! I'm only 5 mins from the tube & then 25 mins into the centre too, so best of  both worlds, although if I didn't work here I'd be tempted to live elsewhere.

On topic, Wolves can fuck off!! I'd be disappointed but could understand if he went to Lyon, but Wolves?!

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Manchester is a shitty place to live! 

Compared to Switzerland, maybe. I've been here thirty years and would never describe it as shitty. It's got good bad areas, of course, but which UK city hasn't? Roughest area I ever lived was Belfast and then SE London.   

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:05, TallPaul1878 said:

Yep, don't forget that the lure of living in London is something that we struggle to compete with. Overseas players will always prefer London over Liverpool. It's a certain type of character that puts their career before their personal desires that will make that choice.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:06, Romey 1878 said:

Wolves are interested now supposedly.

Dudley by far a better place to live than London!

4 hours ago, Formby said:

Compared to Switzerland, maybe. I've been here thirty years and would never describe it as shitty. It's got good bad areas, of course, but which UK city hasn't? Roughest area I ever lived was Belfast and then SE London.   

See above. I lived, studied and worked there for 4 years. I’m not throwing the opinion out on a whim. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Indeed it is my opinion, having lived there for 4 years. Pretty sure anyone who has lived there would agree. 

So, you were at uni here? What years was that? Before the regeneration? And what did you find 'shitty'? The weather? The people? The nightlife? The area you lived in?

Seems a rather ridiculous remark to say 'anyone who has lived there would agree'. Plenty of Mancunians love their city. Maybe it just didn't suit you.

Every city or town has it's good and bad spots 

It's such a subjective debate with a multitude of variables it's pointless even talking about it tbh 

It's far from as simple as saying well City and United attract (insert name) so why wouldn't they come to Everton on the same terms it's ridiculous 

9 hours ago, Formby said:

So, you were at uni here? What years was that? Before the regeneration? And what did you find 'shitty'? The weather? The people? The nightlife? The area you lived in?

Seems a rather ridiculous remark to say 'anyone who has lived there would agree'. Plenty of Mancunians love their city. Maybe it just didn't suit you.

Yeah, it was a stupid generalisation so apologies for that. The sun and heat must be getting to me here. 

I also did have a very bad time there (guns to face during a robbery for example) so I don’t have the best memories of the place. But from 2000-2005 in the city centre the place was not a pleasant place to be; rubbish everywhere, bad smell, etc. If it’s been cleaned up since then good. Ironically, the weather was probably the thing enjoyed the most whilst being there 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Yeah, it was a stupid generalisation so apologies for that. The sun and heat must be getting to me here. 

I also did have a very bad time there (guns to face during a robbery for example) so I don’t have the best memories of the place. But from 2000-2005 in the city centre the place was not a pleasant place to be; rubbish everywhere, bad smell, etc. If it’s been cleaned up since then good. Ironically, the weather was probably the thing enjoyed the most whilst being there 

No worries - I've written enough novels about the place to know how bad it can be - and the time you were here was at a very troubled time for the city (Gunchester et al). It has improved a lot, though (albeit the council / police still can't seem to keep Piccadilly Gardens clean / safe!).

3 hours ago, patto said:

If Mina keeps holding out on signing for us we should walk away and go for Gibson Mina obviously doesn't want to come here he's waiting for champions league team.

I'd be worried we could be walking into another Keane situation with Gibson he seems very similar to me bar being left footed 

It's one area we need to spend a decent sum on and bring in someone commanding and with a physical presence which Mina fits perfectly tbh 

3 hours ago, Formby said:

No worries - I've written enough novels about the place to know how bad it can be - and the time you were here was at a very troubled time for the city (Gunchester et al). It has improved a lot, though (albeit the council / police still can't seem to keep Piccadilly Gardens clean / safe!).

Good to hear :) 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

Not read through most of this so apologies if it’s been said already but does anyone else get the distict feels ng he’s playing us like a fiddle to get a move elsewhere??

I get that feeling as well. It wouldn’t be the first time agents have used our interest to drum up other clubs.

Would like him here, but it seems to have dragged on for a very long time.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Sky reporting United are interested now. 

Saw rumours of it coming out of Spain last night too. Wonder if he is their back up if they cant get Maquire.

Realstically Mina could easily still move to United or Spurs.