IGNORED

Lucas Digne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a big Digne fan but he's been targeted a few times this season and today was one of them. He's gets bullied a bit by anyone with pace and he gets passed too easily.

Great going forward no doubt but not the best defensively. I actually think we could do with a Baines in the team right now. I wouldnt swap him for Digne right now but his composure on the ball and leadership would surely bode well in games like todays from 80 mins on. Why does he never even get brought on?

15 minutes ago, sydneyneil said:

I'm a big Digne fan but he's been targeted a few times this season and today was one of them. He's gets bullied a bit by anyone with pace and he gets passed too easily.

Great going forward no doubt but not the best defensively. I actually think we could do with a Baines in the team right now. I wouldnt swap him for Digne right now but his composure on the ball and leadership would surely bode well in games like todays from 80 mins on. Why does he never even get brought on?

Because he’s usually sat at home watching the game. 

He seems very reluctant to pass the ball to anyone bar the winger in front of him. He needs to start whipping some early balls into the feet of the striker or an advanced midfield player and then get on his bike rather than lumping a lazy ball forward to the winger. He just looks like a player short on confidence, doing the easy thing rather than the type of play that got him to Bayern and Barca.