IGNORED

Lucas Digne

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

you aren't going to support the man with the ball if your expecting them to lose it just as you get there.

Don’t excuse any player of not making an effort with that excuse, you do your job and if you don’t it’s down to you, not what you think another player may or may not do. 

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

Don’t excuse any player of not making an effort with that excuse, you do your job and if you don’t it’s down to you, not what you think another player may or may not do. 

It’s not about effort though Palfy. He is putting the effort in.

The issue is that he doesn’t have the players on front of him working and can’t overlap etc. If you overlap, knowing full well that your not going to be covered, then there is no excuse.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

It’s not about effort though Palfy. He is putting the effort in.

The issue is that he doesn’t have the players on front of him working and can’t overlap etc. If you overlap, knowing full well that your not going to be covered, then there is no excuse.

But it’s not just that one issue although I believe that’s a confidence thing as well on his part, his defending wasn’t brilliant to start with but has got worse, and it’s like he’s not sure what he should be doing, and one aspect of his game that has completely deserted him in recent months is crossing whether from dead ball situations or open play, it’s completely non existent. 
If you are unable to see the difference from the first half of last season till now, then I don’t really know what to say to you, bar you need to go to Spec Savers😉

I can see the difference mate, I just think it’s for completely different reasons than you that’s all.

I really don’t see any lack of effort or care from him. I see a frustrated player that knows he can’t get forward to cross because he leaves the  team exposed if he does. I see a player that’s indecisive because he doesn’t have trust in his defence to go out and make a tackle. 

We all see situations differently that’s all.

But your right, I definitely need spec savers. Struggling to see my phone screen at the moment haha.

56 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I can see the difference mate, I just think it’s for completely different reasons than you that’s all.

I really don’t see any lack of effort or care from him. I see a frustrated player that knows he can’t get forward to cross because he leaves the  team exposed if he does. I see a player that’s indecisive because he doesn’t have trust in his defence to go out and make a tackle. 

We all see situations differently that’s all.

But your right, I definitely need spec savers. Struggling to see my phone screen at the moment haha.

😂 normally must have these sort of things get ironed out on the training ground, if you’re right I hope he’s voicing his opinion and Ancelotti can see it. 

2 for 1 on designer frames at the moment, bet you would look cool in some Prada sun classes😎 and some D&C specs 🤓 👌

52 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I know it's not really much of a comparison but I played as a full back for years in a garbage team. It is a nightmare having to second guess your midfielders and your defenders. 

You shouldn’t have to second guess well drilled teams have this worked out on the training ground or should do, at this class of football it should be a given. 
What do you think a manager would be saying when he’s not over lapping and getting in the space behind the right back or taking him on, he’s going to go ballistic, and if he said I’m not pushing on because I don’t trust others to cover for me, he’s then getting the play board fired at him. 

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I know it's not really much of a comparison but I played as a full back for years in a garbage team. It is a nightmare having to second guess your midfielders and your defenders. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

You shouldn’t have to second guess well drilled teams have this worked out on the training ground or should do, at this class of football it should be a given. 
What do you think a manager would be saying when he’s not over lapping and getting in the space behind the right back or taking him on, he’s going to go ballistic, and if he said I’m not pushing on because I don’t trust others to cover for me, he’s then getting the play board fired at him. 

Palfy you obviously haven't played behind unreliable people. Like TallPaul says, it's a nightmare. You can say do your job, but in that situation if Digne doesn't trust Richarlison to keep the ball then he has to do his job to assess the situation and put the handbrake on. If he doesn't we are all sat here typing away moaning at Digne for getting out of position as a lot of people have with Sidibe (and Walcott). 

It's not about being well drilled, it's about trust. I certainly wouldn't trust Walcott and I also wouldn't be convinced by Richarlison either, especially at the closer he gets to goal. If we have controlled possession and he isn't doing his job by overlapping etc then that's a different story, but most of the time he doesn't even get the chance to get that far up the pitch!

5 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

This is where I’m coming from mate. I was a marauding wing back for a long time and for a rollicking so many times when asked to play left back, as I was so used to taking players on up the line. I had a lazy twat in front of me and me never backed me up.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Palfy you obviously haven't played behind unreliable people. Like TallPaul says, it's a nightmare. You can say do your job, but in that situation if Digne doesn't trust Richarlison to keep the ball then he has to do his job to assess the situation and put the handbrake on. If he doesn't we are all sat here typing away moaning at Digne for getting out of position as a lot of people have with Sidibe (and Walcott). 

It's not about being well drilled, it's about trust. I certainly wouldn't trust Walcott and I also wouldn't be convinced by Richarlison either, especially at the closer he gets to goal. If we have controlled possession and he isn't doing his job by overlapping etc then that's a different story, but most of the time he doesn't even get the chance to get that far up the pitch!

Well he trusted Richarlison enough the beginning of last season to be on average motm more than anyone else, Bailey I’m happy with what I said, we can all throw our past at it to say we know better than anyone else, but seeing is believing as far as I’m concerned, I’ve worked and been involved with some decent managers and footballers at Swindon, let me tell you no player should be stepping on the pitch with no confidence in his team mates, and if he feels that way he should be addressing it with his manager. 

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is where I’m coming from mate. I was a marauding wing back for a long time and for a rollicking so many times when asked to play left back, as I was so used to taking players on up the line. I had a lazy twat in front of me and me never backed me up.

Boys we are talking about players at the top of their profession being managed by supposedly some of the best managers in the world, if you think any of your past conquest come close to these people you need putting in a straight jacket and locking up you nutters😜

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Well he trusted Richarlison enough the beginning of last season to be on average motm more than anyone else, Bailey I’m happy with what I said, we can all throw our past at it to say we know better than anyone else, but seeing is believing as far as I’m concerned, I’ve worked and been involved with some decent managers and footballers at Swindon, let me tell you no player should be stepping on the pitch with no confidence in his team mates, and if he feels that way he should be addressing it with his manager. 

No, he didn’t. He trusted Bernard and that was when he played best. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I have heard elite footballers say exactly the same thing as I have. It's not just a Sunday league problem recanted from my younger (and fitter) days. 

Believe it or don't,  I'm not fussed but my final point on this is that it is no surprise that Digne's best form came with Bernard nor that Baines came with Pienaar.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Boys we are talking about players at the top of their profession being managed by supposedly some of the best managers in the world, if you think any of your past conquest come close to these people you need putting in a straight jacket and locking up you nutters😜

I’m a nutter then 🥴

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have heard elite footballers say exactly the same thing as I have. It's not just a Sunday league problem recanted from my younger (and fitter) days. 

Believe it or don't,  I'm not fussed but my final point on this is that it is no surprise that Digne's best form came with Bernard nor that Baines came with Pienaar.

He did play well with Bernard I’m not disputing that, he also played well before that with Richarlison, he’s gone off the boil he is poor in a lot of aspects of his game. 

It’s strange you get people running players down without consideration of what’s happening around them, there shit end of no excuses they shouldn’t be wearing an Everton shirt ect ect. 
Then one of their favourites is playing poorly and it’s different rules, it’s not his fault it’s everyone around him.

😂😂😂😂 get a grip it’s not Richarlison’s fault he can’t take a decent corner, the fact is he’s the a shadow of the player he was last season, we have a few players who are well below there best and unfortunately campers he’s one. 

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Baines best form never just came from playing with Pienaar, Baines was equally good before Pienaar and equally good after Pienaar, what they had was a good understanding that didn’t mean as individuals they weren’t as equally as good as individuals without each other. 

That’s like saying Shearer wasn’t as good without Sutton, he had a good understanding with Sutton but he was still world class without him as was Baines without Pienaar, or are we now saying if Digne can’t play with Bernard then he can’t play. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Yes, and we saw the best of him later when Richarlison was moved upfront (who suffered)

That’s great what are you actually saying? 
because it very much sounds like he’s nothing without Bernard. 
He had as many good games with Richarlison as he did with Bernard, he should be personally playing equally as well no matter who of them are in front of him, whether the understanding is different is another matter, but on his own personal game shouldn’t make a difference I’m saying his own personal game is no where near what it was first half of last season, and the last couple of months he’s been very poor.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s great what are you actually saying? 
because it very much sounds like he’s nothing without Bernard. 
He had as many good games with Richarlison as he did with Bernard, he should be personally playing equally as well no matter who of them are in front of him, whether the understanding is different is another matter, but on his own personal game shouldn’t make a difference I’m saying his own personal game is no where near what it was first half of last season, and the last couple of months he’s been very poor.

This season he hasn’t played with either really. Trust and understanding takes time to redevelop 

The way we played and the players we had in the team allowed him to get forward more. He knew he had a centre half who was fine covering him at left back in Zouma with one of the midfielders dropping to centre half and Idrissa Gueye covering the midfield. 

Don't know what's happened to his crossing or his willingness to take a shot on, I suppose it must be a confidence thing.