IGNORED

Lucas Digne

24 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Strange one, it was clearly an accident and was in no way reckless. 

they were never going to rescind it, i was hoping for the 1 game ban the whole time.  they won't admit they are wrong, simply just the harmful intent part.  very happy with the result, we should be alright without him for 1 match, a nice chance to see Niels in action.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Strange one, it was clearly an accident and was in no way reckless. 

I don’t tho k him chasing him down was an accident, he clearly knew what he was doing. Clipping his heel may have been an accident, but putting himself in that space wasn’t. 

A one match ban is great news and sensible.

23 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Best we were ever going to get IMO, the TV and papers have continued to crucify Pickford and the team since last weekend, this is partly retribution, but they couldn’t get away with 3 games.

I agree with the Pickford stuff.

But was his would have been a yellow at least in any match. Possibly red because he had a nibble earlier. In real time I said out loud before he even got there... “ here comes a red”.... because I could easily see he had a kick and it didn’t work, so he chased him down. 
Wether he meant it or not Doesn’t matter, it’s how it looked. 

But we should take the good luck and accept it, not cry victim like Liverpool supporters. 

sorry for quoting you Wiggy haha. Meaning fans in general 🙂

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t tho k him chasing him down was an accident, he clearly knew what he was doing. Clipping his heel may have been an accident, but putting himself in that space wasn’t. 

A one match ban is great news and sensible.

Digne was chasing him to recover the ball and his foot went accidently down the back of the attackers leg.

I'm actually not really sure what boxes he ticks to be in the wrong. The fact he'd just made a foul in the build up makes him appear out of control, and I suppose that was wrongly taken into consideration when the decision was made to give him a red 

The ref was wrong, as was the VAR and the FA clearly refuses to admit they were fully in the wrong by not completely uplifting it. 

On the whole, however, I do suppose it evens out the Pickford incident. 

'A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.' 

That's the rule for serious foul play, which is my guess is to why he was sent off and what the ban was for. He is either guilty of this or isn't, and therefore should serve a 3 match ban, or no ban.

I think the FA have just made it up as they've gone along. 

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Digne was chasing him to recover the ball and his foot went accidently down the back of the attackers leg.

I'm actually not really sure what boxes he ticks to be in the wrong. The fact he'd just made a foul in the build up makes him appear out of control, and I suppose that was wrongly taken into consideration when the decision was made to give him a red 

The ref was wrong, as was the VAR and the FA clearly refuses to admit they were fully in the wrong by not completely uplifting it. 

On the whole, however, I do suppose it evens out the Pickford incident. 

Running behind a player always means you can’t get to the ball without going through a leg. It’s simple really.

If you want to make a tackle legally, you have to get goal side or at least work down the side, which is a risk. 

Try running into a garage, with a garage door in the way. You simply won’t get through without hitting the door.

Don't get me wrong, I’m happy it’s been downgraded, but I refuse to do what Liverpool have done all week and cry victim.  If it was against us, I would be expecting a yellow at the minimum.

Just now, Shukes said:

Running behind a player always means you can’t get to the ball without going through a leg. It’s simple really.

If you want to make a tackle legally, you have to get goal side or at least work down the side, which is a risk. 

He didn't make a tackle. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

'A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.' 

That's the rule for serious foul play, which is my guess is to why he was sent off and what the ban was for. He is either guilty of this or isn't, and therefore should serve a 3 match ban, or no ban.

I think the FA have just made it up as they've gone along. 

Exactly, we’re lucky. Black and white there, you quoted it yourself.

Lets just accept the one match ban 🙂

50 minutes ago, Shukes said:

But we should take the good luck and accept it, not cry victim like Liverpool supporters. 

sorry for quoting you Wiggy haha. Meaning fans in general 🙂

I’m not crying, just saying as I see it, quote me all you like, I need a virtual hug every now and then!

• 5 weeks later...

Well that's Christmas ruined ain't it, proper love Digne so gutted about this. He won't be on the same level, but at least Nkounkou has been promising when he's played so it's not as though we're having to put some whopper there. 

Probably won't be a big enough injury to bring Sir Leighton out of retirement, but who knows. He'll more than likely still be in shape, so could be a cheap emergency option.

24 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Well that's Christmas ruined ain't it, proper love Digne so gutted about this. He won't be on the same level, but at least Nkounkou has been promising when he's played so it's not as though we're having to put some whopper there. 

Probably won't be a big enough injury to bring Sir Leighton out of retirement, but who knows. He'll more than likely still be in shape, so could be a cheap emergency option.

In a couple of weeks time it will be two games a week - so loads of football to be played in the next couple of months - I would feel much better in the though of Baines potentially being available for selection in two or three weeks time if he was needed. I personal though he maybe retired a year or two early anyhow as still performing at a very good level last season - but I can understand him not wanting to play second fiddle all season and not wanting to go to any other club  :) respect!! I am pretty sure he would step up if Ancelotti said he could do with him over Xmas and into the New Year.