Jump to content

Lucas Digne


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope we’ll manage to do a few deals in 24 hours over the next week or so. We need to desperately. 

Need another 5/6 in and 10-12 out! I guess with the focus being at Finch Farm and Goodison this week we may see a little more action - I think Silva/Brands will have made their mind up on a few who are surplus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Need another 5/6 in and 10-12 out! I guess with the focus being at Finch Farm and Goodison this week we may see a little more action - I think Silva/Brands will have made their mind up on a few who are surplus.

This week and a bit is either going to be very exciting with a lot of movement, or a damp squib with us struggling with arrivals and departures. 

Expecting the latter but hoping for the former. It’s the Everton way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Need another 5/6 in and 10-12 out! I guess with the focus being at Finch Farm and Goodison this week we may see a little more action - I think Silva/Brands will have made their mind up on a few who are surplus.

 

43 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This week and a bit is either going to be very exciting with a lot of movement, or a damp squib with us struggling with arrivals and departures. 

Expecting the latter but hoping for the former. It’s the Everton way. 

I know how peeps are feeling but we need to be careful with too many incomings at once.

Make those 2, 3 or 4 essential signings. Build from there. We can't change this in a few weeks.

Outgoings...just ship out all the shite. Get what we can for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, c1982 said:

2 centre backs are essential.

At least 1 more dominant centre midfielder is essential.

A striker to compete with Tosun is essential.

A keeper to compete with Pickford is essential.

We need 5 more at least.

Fine...if that's what we need, then so be it. Ring the changes.

BUT...fans best be patient as they will take a while to gel.

We know Evertonians...patience is not one of our assets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

2 centre backs are essential.

At least 1 more dominant centre midfielder is essential.

A striker to compete with Tosun is essential.

A keeper to compete with Pickford is essential.

We need 5 more at least.

The correct CB pairing is essential, which means the addition of one. I would be ok with seeing a Mina/Holgate pairing or a Mina/Jags pairing to start the season and see if they gel. If we don’t get Mina, we need an anchor of his caliber. Keane as 4th choice and ship out Williams.

As much as I’d like to see a backup to Tosun, I’m not sure it’s essential either. With Richarlison’s goal scoring ability and other capable wingers to whip crosses into Tosun, Niasse as an impact and DCL as backup might have to be enough right now, especially if we’re able to get Onyekuru next season. We’re not winning anything this season; it’s clearly a rebuilding year and I think we have more pressing concerns elsewhere.

I also don’t know that a backup keeper is essential, as we haven’t had a chance to see Hewelt play. I’m not sure Pickford needs competition as he seems about as self-motivated as they come, but it’s true that Stek clearly isn’t good enough. If Silva says we need one, then I guess it means Hewelt isn’t ready and you’re correct in its being essential.

We can’t make the same wholesale changes we did last year, even if our squad is as shit as we all know it is. We saw the effects of doing so last season, as absolutely no one was able to play together as a squad. Some familiarity, even though they won’t take us forward, will probably be necessary this year in order to build a foundation for years to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

The correct CB pairing is essential, which means the addition of one. I would be ok with seeing a Mina/Holgate pairing or a Mina/Jags pairing to start the season and see if they gel. If we don’t get Mina, we need an anchor of his caliber. Keane as 4th choice and ship out Williams.

As much as I’d like to see a backup to Tosun, I’m not sure it’s essential either. With Richarlison’s goal scoring ability and other capable wingers to whip crosses into Tosun, Niasse as an impact and DCL as backup might have to be enough right now, especially if we’re able to get Onyekuru next season. We’re not winning anything this season; it’s clearly a rebuilding year and I think we have more pressing concerns elsewhere.

I also don’t know that a backup keeper is essential, as we haven’t had a chance to see Hewelt play. I’m not sure Pickford needs competition as he seems about as self-motivated as they come, but it’s true that Stek clearly isn’t good enough. If Silva says we need one, then I guess it means Hewelt isn’t ready and you’re correct in its being essential.

We can’t make the same wholesale changes we did last year, even if our squad is as shit as we all know it is. We saw the effects of doing so last season, as absolutely no one was able to play together as a squad. Some familiarity, even though they won’t take us forward, will probably be necessary this year in order to build a foundation for years to come.

I agree with 1 and 2 although if the opportunuty came for 2 centre backs I wouldnt say no!

Whilst we are fine if Pickford stays fit, if he gets injured we are fucked. I have read that Silva has said Pickford wont play against Wolves so that is already 1 game with the liability in goal and I wouldnt want any more. Seeing as no other keepers have been involved pre-season it must mean the kids arent good enough (yet). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Haiku said:

Just read some thoughts about Digne. Majority of Barcelona fans think he's solid at defending and is fast, but is not quite good at going forward and that's the reason he didn't make it in Barca.

Id be very happy with that. Not quite good enough at attacking at Barca means he will be a worldie in the PL! 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

Just read some thoughts about Digne. Majority of Barcelona fans think he's solid at defending and is fast, but is not quite good at going forward and that's the reason he didn't make it in Barca.

First thing I want in a defender is one that can defend. If they’re fast that’s an added bonus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another deal dragging arse.

If just getting 2 players in is taking this much time then I'll be surprised if we bring in more than one more before the window closes.

I have a feeling this one has been done and dusted for a couple days but thanks to Digne being in the U.S., it’s taking an extra couple days to finalize. You’re right, though, it’s frustrating as hell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

I have a feeling this one has been done and dusted for a couple days but thanks to Digne being in the U.S., it’s taking an extra couple days to finalize. You’re right, though, it’s frustrating as hell.

Just got back from holiday and spoke to my neighbour, foreign lad big Barca fan goes over very often etc he said it's delayed because we are still hoping to get Mina and Digne done at the same time 

We could be waiting some time......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jofanon said:

Why do we have to buy players sequentially?  It feels like we cant move forwards with other players until Richarlison is done, then Dinge, then ....

 

Would have been great if our elders gave us a leaflet with all the hazards of becoming an Evertonian from a very young age or sat us down and gave us "that talk" but an Everton one instead..... Frustratingly at times (most) were born with it in us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Would have been great if our elders gave us a leaflet with all the hazards of becoming an Evertonian from a very young age or sat us down and gave us "that talk" but an Everton one instead..... Frustratingly at times (most) were born with it in us  

I chose it.  I'm a southerner born to a Gooner.

Been my club since I was 4-5 and I'm now 40.  Long time to be in pain!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jofanon said:

I chose it.  I'm a southerner born to a Gooner.

Been my club since I was 4-5 and I'm now 40.  Long time to be in pain!

 

2 hours ago, Blueherts said:

Same. (literally, in every detail!)

 

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

 

80's glory hunters 😉

 

Roughly the same for me, except my Dad didn't really like football but was was nominally a Tranmere fan, but I am a proper glory supporter because I became a fan during the '84 cup final at the age of 4. Went well for a couple of years too......

😐

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jofanon said:

I chose it.  I'm a southerner born to a Gooner.

Been my club since I was 4-5 and I'm now 40.  Long time to be in pain!

 

4 hours ago, Blueherts said:

Same. (literally, in every detail!)

Similar, southerner born to a Spurs fan (and I'm a bit the wrong side of 40:(), father-in-law was a Gooner though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let Leighton see out his contract. If this lad takes his place then he will be fine as a back up going into a couple more seasons if he’s only playing a handful of games. We won’t bring in much better and probably can’t get someone as good as him for the bench. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This lad is quality. I think he is happy to join us for this reason: He's sick and tired of Top clubs. Being a PSG and then Barcelona player comes with huge expectations and pressure. He's now looking to ease things with us and he's getting the same contract if not better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Glad to finally have it done. Who knows, in a week we might, just might, be looking one more signing! :lol: 

The type of signing we need to be making, I'm very pleased with this. He's a bit of a handsome chap too :P 

Dreadful taste in trainers though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...