IGNORED

Lucas Digne

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Two good games, one bad when a lot failed. Write him off.

Digne came on against Wolves, and let’s be honest, looked very average. But he’s ready to replace a standout performer over the last five years 🙄

Thank fuck it’s not just me!

2 hours ago, nogs said:

I really think the pen Baines gave away was soft, Wilson feels his arm on him and goes down. Kind of thing you get from a shite ref. 

Its never a penalty in my opinion and its a clear dive. If penalties are given for that level of contact then you will have 2 dozen penalties every game. All Baines does is rest his forearm on him and thats probably to make sure that Wilson doesnt stand on his toes more than anything else.

16 hours ago, Finn balor said:

How can you say Digne was average when he played in a different position in his first game in a new league?

Easily really. He was average!

Dont understand what your saying to be honest. Did you think he was phenomenal?

Now if I said he was an average player because of that snippet... then I would get you.... but I didnt at all.

My opinion was that he didn’t look anything special after that appearance. No matter what position you play, you can usually botic straight away simple things, like effort, enthusiasm, touch, and skill. He didn’t set the world alight for me. 

Is that because he was played in an unfamiliar position? Was it because he’s not up to speed at the moment? No idea, but he was average in that performance. 

You said he looked very average which implies he was worse than average. All I’m saying he was playing out of position in a foreign league so there was circumstances to dictate why he never set the world alight. Not a big deal I know. Using your analogy David James got brought on for Man City years ago by Stuart Pearce and he played him upfront!! I’m sure people were saying he looked very average then

The management went after him to play in the position of LB I can only hope they had done their homework and new what they were buying would fit the bill, if not then we could have another Koeman Walsh on our hands but that isn’t the case as we know, so before we condemn him as average let’s give him a fair crack in the position he was bought for and after 4 or 5 games we should have a better idea. 

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

You said he looked very average which implies he was worse than average. All I’m saying he was playing out of position in a foreign league so there was circumstances to dictate why he never set the world alight. Not a big deal I know. Using your analogy David James got brought on for Man City years ago by Stuart Pearce and he played him upfront!! I’m sure people were saying he looked very average then

Exactly. Glad you came round to my way 😉

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I see we’re judging players again based on ten minutes playing out of position. Right, that’s fair. 🙄

Steve I was still typing when you posted but at least we are singing off the same hymn sheet far too early to judge. 

10 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I see we’re judging players again based on ten minutes playing out of position. Right, that’s fair. 🙄

No Steve. 

Jus pointing out that he isn’t ready to put Baines on the scrap heap just yet. Baines has had ten solid years for us.... had a bad game and is sent it to slaughter.... isn’t that the same thing?

My point is there is still work to be done by Baines, while at the same time Digne needs time to settle.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

It’s more the trend of threads these days.

So wine mentions something, and others twist it, add to it, and generally make it something that it’s not. 

Take my comment... very average. That’s been turned to mean below average 😜 I mean... come onnn!

I didn’t see where you were sticking up for Baines and I agree Saturday’s game hasn’t made him a poor player overnight the 2 games before have proven that he still has a lot to offer, he wasn’t the only one to have a poor game Holgate Coleman Gana and Davies didn’t cover themselves in glory either. 

But it is far to early to make a judgment on Digne at this stage so to call him average when he come on a few minutes playing out of position and not match fit is somewhat harsh in my opinion. 

If you said Gana now that’s a different story 🙂  

I have no idea if he is an average player or not at the moment. Haven’t seen enough of him to judge.

But he had a decidedly average ten minute spell when he came on. That’s regardless of where he played.

My point is that you can’t rate a players performance higher because he’s out of position. And to be fair, any modern day left back should be able to perform left wing.... or they are not good enough for the top flight.

Now Gana in the other hand .......

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's got a delicious delivery on him. I was watching him putting crosses in for the strikers during the warm-up and there were some beauties.

He didn't disappoint come the proper game as well. And the assist for DCL's first was a lovely ball in with his right foot! I actually thought it was Kenny that had put the ball in at first.

Just watched the highlights and was about to post the self-same thing, real bonus if he's two footed. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Palfy said:

We've found the replacement for Baines we have been looking for against West Ham he was excellent, a shame he had no one in front of him to work with with Richarlison coming back could we have a the Baines and Pienaar pairing that will terrorise defences, let's pray so.

Agreed, with Richarlison working hard with him we will have a solid left side again.  DCL doesn’t track back.