IGNORED

Malcom

I really hope this is bollocks and Brands has more about him than some dubious Twitter source. We are weak down the spine of the team, I want to see us linked with centre forwards, central midfielders and centre backs before we go chasing a fifth winger. Not a priority. 

3 hours ago, nogs said:

I really hope this is bollocks and Brands has more about him than some dubious Twitter source. We are weak down the spine of the team, I want to see us linked with centre forwards, central midfielders and centre backs before we go chasing a fifth winger. Not a priority. 

Pretty much this. We missed our chance on him, now we have enough wingers, so we don't need another unless one of ours is about to leave. We should spend our budget on a class striker, right back and replacement for Gana. Anything else is a luxury and not a priority.

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

Pretty much this. We missed our chance on him, now we have enough wingers, so we don't need another unless one of ours is about to leave. We should spend our budget on a class striker, right back and replacement for Gana. Anything else is a luxury and not a priority.

Everyone seems to be complaining about Walcott (i'm torn), so another winger seems a good shout. 

I'm hoping Brands can talk Vlasic around mind you

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Everyone seems to be complaining about Walcott (i'm torn), so another winger seems a good shout. 

I'm hoping Brands can talk Vlasic around mind you

Vlasic is playing in the centre though, where we wants to play. Don't think Silva would drop Sigurdsson and not sure Vlasic wants to be out wide.

• 4 months later...

Still seeing a lot of people talking about Malcom on twitter and how if moved here would be our best player.  He only scored 23 goals over the course of three seasons in Ligue 1.  Good player but never understood why people think this dude is a worldie. Does have a left foot though.

42 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Still seeing a lot of people talking about Malcom on twitter and how if moved here would be our best player.  He only scored 23 goals over the course of three seasons in Ligue 1.  Good player but never understood why people think this dude is a worldie. Does have a left foot though.

He's not a worldie, but goals mean fuck all. Mbappe scored 17 goals in two seasons for Monaco before moving to PSG for 180m euro.  It looks less likely that Malcom will set the world on fire, but his game at Bordeaux was brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

With all the aging players they need to replace I doubt they can go that heavy on one player.  Busquests suarez pique all are old and need their replacement.  That’s the spine of their team.  

Well, either way they need a big influx of cash and a double deal might be interesting to them 

49 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Anything under £30 mill is a Steal for Gomes in this market 

I'd say £40m given the current run of the mill going for £20m. He'd be a good option for City to replace Fernindho, if he'd not been at Barca/Messi bullied he'd be killing it. Reminds me of Arteta. 

10 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Im not sure about Malcolm not seen enough of him to be honest, and spurs are back in for Gomes sadly, i think champions league will win his signature.

They were only reported to drop interest in him 24 hours ago! Where does it say theyre back in for him?

Malcolm on loan would be a option. Apparently Marco wasn’t a left footer to play or compete for a place on the right side. There is a lot of talented players about for these positions and prices like they are clubs can’t afford to buy three or four huge fees for players so there is a lot of quality about 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Btay said:

Brands holding firm on this like Mina I’m sure. Seems we have a great relationship with Barca and it’s an excellent avenue to pick up quality players.

If we continue to under cut them then the relationship will go down hill fast. I wouldn’t be haggling over €5m in this market environment. 

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we continue to under cut them then the relationship will go down hill fast. I wouldn’t be haggling over €5m in this market environment. 

It's not undercutting them though. It's saying this is the price we're willing to pay and we won't go any higher. They don't have to sell to us and can shop the player elsewhere or keep him. 

It's more dangerous for us than them to be like that, but I'm glad this is the road we're going down now.