IGNORED

Kurt Zouma

6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Chelsea’s ban has been upheld. Does that mean they can’t sell players? 

They can still sell I believe but can’t see them parting with Zouma now, looks like Mina has to come good next season. 

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Is Zouma better than Chelsea’s centre halves? I’d say he is on his performances this season. I’d imagine they would want him to play next season and he doesn’t seem the type to kick up a fuss 

yes he is.  i don't see one of theirs that is better.  Rudiger Luiz Cahil Christensen none of them i'd take over him

19 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Is Zouma better than Chelsea’s centre halves? I’d say he is on his performances this season. I’d imagine they would want him to play next season and he doesn’t seem the type to kick up a fuss 

Well the real issue is that Cahill and Luiz's contracts are both up in the summer.  Cahill has already said his goodbyes and made his views on Sarri publicly known.  Unsure if they can work some magic with Luiz before than ban goes in place or that means he is off as well (ie possibly somehow sneaking a contract extension through?).  So they would be down two CBs right there.

Christensen and Rudiger are both decent..  Christensen was preferred to Zouma but only got 8 league games this season due to the Luiz/Rudiger partnership.

Their young CB Ampadu got 3 Europa league games and 2 fa cup games this season so seems like they value him but would they value him over Zouma? Probably not? Shrug, not seen Ampadu play.

If they can somehow get Luiz to stay and Zouma wants the switch, we might have a small chance, otherwise: nope.

I’m sure they can resign there current players. I thought they would get this overturned but maybe he wants to sell the club and his interest are elsewhere? It’s the summer window that will kill them not the January one. Especially when hazard goes. United, arse, Chelsea all will be vulnerable to one of us, wolves or Leicester buying well and challenging 

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

If he stays at Chelsea I like to think it's possible that we could see him in our blue in the future. Model pro.

Luiz has been woeful in the Europa this morning, Christensen came off after a soft knock so I can’t imagine Sarri is too happy. Brought on Zapacosta and pushed Azpelacuta (?) into CB, so obviously Cahil and Sarri are done.

Not looking good.

They can’t register new players over the age of 16. Any player they already hold the registration for, like Luiz, they can do with them what they like. If they renew the contract they can do, it’s not resigning them as the registration doesn’t change. 

I don’t want them to sign players as I want them to be in a weaker position so we can try to catch them, especially if they lose Hazard. But I really want us to sign Zouma, I don’t see that happening if the ban stays in place. 

With Luiz, Rudiger, Azpilacueta (I prefer him at centre half than full back) and Christiansen, they really don’t need Zouma. Fingers crossed. 

thanks for the breakdown ste.  see even with Rudiger Luiz and Azpilicueta i still think they need Zouma.  Sometimes he plays a back 3 and he'd only have one guy to rotate in.  Plus they have CL and the domestic competitions they will need a larger squad and can't sign players so they need to retain players.

I don't think Sarri is going anywhere either, honestly i like the guy and his football, sadly i don't like chelsea.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Interesting to see Chelsea selling alonso to athletico. Does that mean they are open to selling players ie Zouma or does it mean their capitan who I can’t spell moving to left back and Zouma slotting in at centre half? 

When does their ban actually take place? Maybe they’re going to try and do everything quick?

• 2 weeks later...