IGNORED

Kurt Zouma

Yeah read that before. Interesting but then again how many foreigners have they got on the books knocking about? I think when lampard goes there he isn’t want to get rid of many players why would he? Only hope is we have some option to buy when we took the loan which I doubt. Or they do touch on the ban being overturned. Which one would you rather? Lose Zouma and they are still banned helping out chances to get nearer to them or lift the ban and get him? 🤔

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Chelsea just sold Kalas.  Not sure he would ever play for their first team but one less CB on the books for them.

Seems like nothing they are doing is tilting in our favor. Even if Lampard only rates him as 4th choice CB I don't think he would move him. Especially since he's not just going to a mid-table team. He would be a key player to club who is poised to threaten Chelsea's place in the top 6.  

Not sure which way this one will go. Indications are that Zouma would want the move if hes not given reassurances of enough game time but Chelsea dont have to sell him as he has loads of time left on his contract.

Guess it would depend where hes rated against the other young CBs they have knocking on the door of their squad/starting XI.

They may want to take the rumoured £30m money to help with their FFP on a squad player who they may think can be replaced with youth.

What I'd like us to do though is give some time deadline of a decision and move on if they are not interested in selling - could disrupt our whole plans for defence this summer window

Depends whether they see 'Dave' as a full back or centre half. If Lampard or whoever wants him to play CB I can't see Zouma staying to be 4th choice. He's better than Luiz so might be a starter if Dave is RB but they've just given Luiz a new contract so potentially he'd kick up a stink if he fell down the pecking order. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Depends whether they see 'Dave' as a full back or centre half. If Lampard or whoever wants him to play CB I can't see Zouma staying to be 4th choice. He's better than Luiz so might be a starter if Dave is RB but they've just given Luiz a new contract so potentially he'd kick up a stink if he fell down the pecking order. 

I think they just re-signed Luiz because of the transfer ban knowing they needed depth at that position.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think Lampard being manager will worsen our chances of getting Zouma. Didnt they play together when they won the CL?

I don’t know if they played together but the way he played for us even if they could buy in the transfer market I still think they would keep him. 

Where have you been Bailey been quite a while welcome back mate good to hear from you again. 

The you go mate answered by Mike Aka the Oracle 

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They won the CL in 2012 and Kurt didn't sign for them until 2014. 

😂 

Just checked back... League Cup final... played in midfield. Had a memory of him playing out of position in a final just a slight difference in significance! 

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t know if they played together but the way he played for us even if they could buy in the transfer market I still think they would keep him. 

Where have you been Bailey been quite a while welcome back mate good to hear from you again. 

The you go mate answered by Mike Aka the Oracle 

Thanks Palf. Just had less time on my hands for a while and I spend far too much time on Everton generally. Can't help myself as the anticipation of a new season starts again!