Just now, Matt said:

Who the fuck is Anderson? Branthwaite will be out on loan again so can't count him.

Rafa has already said Branthwaite will be part of the first team squad Anderson made his debut in Florida playing in bothe games he is under 23 player. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

Anderson and branthwaite do you remember him ?

I know Branthwaite, he’s a kid who struggled to get in Blackburn’s team last season. He shouldn’t be considered at all. 
Anderson? The kid hasn’t even got close to the first team. I doubt you’ll see him this season unless we have a nightmare with injuries. 

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Joe Anderson. Come through the youth system. He is nowhere near the first team yet though, but does look promising.

Hate using that word these days… it’s like a curse!

If people don’t follow or watch the youths under 23s they don’t see any up and coming players the top and bottom of it is CB is not our priority. 
it’s right back midfield and up front 3 quality players we need at the least. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

If people don’t follow or watch the youths under 23s they don’t see any up and coming players the top and bottom of it is CB is not our priority. 

I agree with the priorities, just not the justification to dismiss CB reinforcements. If Zouma is available for 20m, its a no brainer for me though. 

3 hours ago, patto said:

How many of our back to back U23 league winners have made it into the first team?

Thats why no one considers these lads as first team options yet. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree with the priorities, just not the justification to dismiss CB reinforcements. If Zouma is available for 20m, its a no brainer for me though. 

No matter what you think of Zouma to bring him in we have to move a CB out we have to sort other positions first we can’t go into a new season with the same midfield we need a playmaker 

38 minutes ago, StevO said:

How many of our back to back U23 league winners have made it into the first team?

We need to start trusting some of our young players we’ve had some disaster signings in the last 5 years hence we are in the mess we are 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

I think you underestimate the toffee talent spotters on these type of forums across the world.

Beni was a star and should have been starting ahead of every midfielder we have had at the club in the last 3 years. 

As he wasnt getting any game time that his talent has deserved he has now sealed his big money move to one of Europes elite clubs... Hearts... for the cost of his contract.

10 hours ago, patto said:

No matter what you think of Zouma to bring him in we have to move a CB out we have to sort other positions first we can’t go into a new season with the same midfield we need a playmaker 

Well if we can bring him in and ship another out for the same money or more, it's a good deal. 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think you underestimate the toffee talent spotters on these type of forums across the world.

Beni was a star and should have been starting ahead of every midfielder we have had at the club in the last 3 years. 

As he wasnt getting any game time that his talent has deserved he has now sealed his big money move to one of Europes elite clubs... Hearts... for the cost of his contract.

Yea, there are several levels between U-23 and the premier league. Not too many make it through. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

He wants 100k a week so I don’t think we will pay that kind of wage for a centre back for a while 

It’s a shame. Mina is on more than that (apparently) and Keane isn’t far off that (apparently), Zouma is better than both of them. 

39 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Would love to have him back but would be a tough deal to pull off this summer.  Bringing him in after the loan would have been the time.  Plus no one is knocking down our doors for any of our current CBs.

Which explains why we need better.

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Made up he's going to West Ham, he's bang average but Evertonians seem to wear these mad tinted glasses for him. He would make us arguably better, but marginally to the extent that we wouldn't see any benefit from it.

Totally agree. He was always slightly better than what we had. But then most would have kept Duffy as well. Look how he turned out.

5 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Made up he's going to West Ham, he's bang average but Evertonians seem to wear these mad tinted glasses for him. He would make us arguably better, but marginally to the extent that we wouldn't see any benefit from it.

Must be the same glasses people wear when watching Keane 

7 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Totally agree. He was always slightly better than what we had. But then most would have kept Duffy as well. Look how he turned out.

Both better than Michael Keane tbf.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Both better than Michael Keane tbf.

I do agree there. I just do t tho I he is worth anywhere near what he is going for.

I think he is slightly better than what we have, but we need to be going for a real leader.