IGNORED

Kurt Zouma

39 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Reports that Ethan Ampadu is going to head out on loan.  Lampard also recently said he does not need new players to be successful.

Looking less likely everyday...

Hoping Brands levels up from magician to grand sorcerer.

Agreed. More or less nail in coffin this. They still have Rudiger, Luiz, Christensen and Tomori (who Lampard loves) but they still need one more given CL football so Zouma almost certain to stay. 

Notice Lampard says SQUAD... I think this is a deal that could happen if Zouma pushes for it. The only way I can see him doing that is if he’s not given some guarantees over game time.

Saying that, if Maguire is going to go for £70m+ and Dunk for a rumoured £45m - it scares me what Chelsea could ask for Zouma based on those fee!!!

5 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Saying that, if Maguire is going to go for £70m+ and Dunk for a rumoured £45m - it scares me what Chelsea could ask for Zouma based on those fee!!!

Both English players though so for some strange reason (home grown) different numbers apply.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Both English players though so for some strange reason different numbers apply, no idea why.

Fair point and clubs can quote Leicester whatever they want when they get rid of Maguire. The mistake we made when not replacing Lukaku before selling him.

32 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Fair point and clubs can quote Leicester whatever they want when they get rid of Maguire. The mistake we made when not replacing Lukaku before selling him.

I don't see how we could have replaced Lukaku before selling him. It's unlikely we would have had the money for any big time striker and even if we did it's difficult to attract players of that type without CL football. Beyond that,  it hurts our leverage in any negotiation if other clubs know we've already bought a replacement.

7 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don't see how we could have replaced Lukaku before selling him. It's unlikely we would have had the money for any big time striker and even if we did it's difficult to attract players of that type without CL football. Beyond that,  it hurts our leverage in any negotiation if other clubs know we've already bought a replacement.

We could have had a deal lined up and ready to sign off. It seemed that we pinned all our hopes on Giroud after Lukaku was sold for that to be poo-pooed by his Mrs - surly we could have found that out earlier. I think Brands is much better at dealing with a multiple of incomings and outgoings. I’ve been impressed with our dealings (in and out) since he joined and am excited about what the next few weeks will bring.

I’m airing on 70/30 it won’t happen. He might get an increased contract out of it with Chelsea as I’m sure he is not on huge wages by there standards. On the other side he has got into the french squad while playing for us. He knows Digne well and him and Keane towards the end of the season meshed really well. The euros are coming up not that some players are bothered about that I guess but he knows where he is with us. We could have three centre backs competing not even near their peak. I don’t think he will put a request in. Not many players do these days I hope he has asked to leave the only question is what is his value in this market? His value to us is more than to Chelsea I guess. Tyrone mings to villa? £26 million? Zouma would have to be worth £40 mill?