IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

I raised some doubts about his mentality early on when he was clearly building himself back up to match fitness but I certainly don't have those doubts about him now.

You can see from the way he is playing that it is fatigue and maybe even a knock. He chopped a Leicester player down at the weekend and you could see from his body language that it was a "I am going to kick you because I don't want to chase after you" type tackle.

Like StevO says, stay away, get your slippers out and dressing gown on and have a glass of your finest whiskey.

30 minutes ago, hafnia said:

£22m? No brainer Based on how good he can be.

Just concerned by his recent games. 

I'm putting it down to a new league new pace and not having played much football prior to coming here, maybe overtraining to get as fit as possible  

The whole side has looked lethargic lately hopefully it's just a minor slump for the lot of them

We have already seen what he is capable of, he's had a relapse in form lately but on top form he is a £50m midfielder.  I think that asking price might just be paper talk but we should definitely table an offer in that region and see how its received.

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn’t he have an £80m release clause though? Why take 25% of that? 

I really hope it’s true but that figure is too good to be true 

The Spanish sides always have ridiculous buy out clauses they'll know nobody in their right mind would value him at that price even as good as he can be 

On form without being an outcast at Barca he's a £50m player all day though so fingers crossed we nab a bargain

58 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

The Spanish sides always have ridiculous buy out clauses they'll know nobody in their right mind would value him at that price even as good as he can be 

On form without being an outcast at Barca he's a £50m player all day though so fingers crossed we nab a bargain

Yeah, but taking 25% of the clause? Seems nuts. Hopefully he’s said he doesn’t want to go back so they’re just taking what they can get for him

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

For that much it makes sense.  I wouldn’t go above 30m at this point.

You can be terribly fickle sometimes :lol:

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, but taking 25% of the clause? Seems nuts. Hopefully he’s said he doesn’t want to go back so they’re just taking what they can get for him

Digne's was 60 million. Rarely do players go for the release clause, it's just there as a safeguard. 

Release clauses in Spain stem from Royal Decree 1006, which was passed in 1985 and gives footballers in Spain the same rights as all other employees.

They allow players to buy out their contracts and leave their club for an agreed fee, which should be proportionate to their wages.

Release clauses are not compulsory but are almost universally applied because players without one would be able to go to court to buy themselves out of their contract.

That would create uncertainty for all parties and therefore, both players and clubs are keen to agree release clauses in advance.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Digne's was 60 million. Rarely do players go for the release clause, it's just there as a safeguard. 

Release clauses in Spain stem from Royal Decree 1006, which was passed in 1985 and gives footballers in Spain the same rights as all other employees.

They allow players to buy out their contracts and leave their club for an agreed fee, which should be proportionate to their wages.

Release clauses are not compulsory but are almost universally applied because players without one would be able to go to court to buy themselves out of their contract.

That would create uncertainty for all parties and therefore, both players and clubs are keen to agree release clauses in advance.

Was it?! I always knew they were rarely met but didn’t realise they’d be cut that much. 

Im not complaining by the way, I’m just not getting my hopes up

Watching him today his class there for all to see.  So calm and composed on the ball.  Rarely does his pass not find its target and he's always available for the ball.  He's also pushed forward with the ball a few times beating (all be it league 2) players with ease. He's exactly what we need to control the middleof the park while Bernard, Lookman and Richarlison are putting in the running up top.

Sure there's a limit to what he's worth but definitely worth more than 20 million