IGNORED

André Gomes

Peter H

23 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Think about this - we got Lucas Digne and Andre Gomes for £40m combined. That sort of quality for less than we paid for Sigurdsson. Shows what having a good negotiator, rather than a PE teacher, in charge of transfers brings about.

The best signing Walsh made was Gana.... and that was owing to the fact he had a release clause.   Bolassie £28m still bemuses me....  we got Gomes for £6m less.....

33 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Just gotta find the best role for him.

For me he has a lot to offer advancing with the ball, I don't want him deep. 

A good solid pre season, get him settled with permanent residence and I think we will see him fly.  Captain material potentially. 

He’s got everything you need to be a quality midfielder. Big season for him.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Just gotta find the best role for him.

For me he has a lot to offer advancing with the ball, I don't want him deep. 

A good solid pre season, get him settled with permanent residence and I think we will see him fly.  Captain material potentially. 

It’s good to think we have numerous captain material type of players now 

12 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

It’s good to think we have numerous captain material type of players now 

I think we have had some bad eggs in the side.  We've needed to rebalance the toxicity levels, it seems Morgan is back on board, mirallas gone, Williams gone, lukaku gone, players like Digne, Bernie, DCL, Gana, Zouma have come in and set a good tone. 

Pickford showed signs of letting his ego rule his head and that seems to have been getting sorted.  A number 2 who can push him will help also. 

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

One Spanish paper says we are holding the deal up but no reason given. Maybe we don’t want another player. Maybe Malcolm on loan? Give them first dibs on Charly when that day comes? 

Brands is more than likely trying to work Malcom into the deal. The Yerry Mina transfer was delayed in order to sign André Gomes as we wanted to loan and Barcelona wanted to sell.

Barça are really interested in re-signing Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain and are still desperately trying to put a deal together for Matthijs De Ligt from Ajax. In order to do so and meet FFP they are open to offers for the likes of Umtiti, Cillessen, Coutinho and of course Gomes and Malcom.

I'd bet confidently that the deal for André is complete, but there will be a sticking point on Malcom as Barcelona try to recoup as much money as possible.